Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Everything other than YouTube works perfectly with my headphones plugged in. Some of the videos on YouTube work perfectly with them plugged in. But some of the videos I get no sound at all when I have my headphones in. I can hear them fine with them unplugged, but soon as the headphones go in, nothing. Any ideas? My audio drivers (realtek) are all up to date.

E: Oh, and the headphones plug in through the speakers, which makes it even weirder.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
If your headphones plug into your speakers there is no way this could be happening as you describe, so I feel like either you're misinterpreting what's going on or mistaking an intermittent issue for something related to what video you're watching. For example, I spent awhile trying to figure out why I was getting occasional dropouts but only in the Pandora Desktop app, and it turned out my headset adapter was slightly busted and I only played audio long enough to notice the very intermittent dropouts when Pandora was running.

Securely reseat all of your connections and try again. If the problem persists, reformat your post using the template in the sticky Rules thread and reply. We need to know your system specs and what version of Windows you're running to even begin to help.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alereon posted:

If your headphones plug into your speakers there is no way this could be happening as you describe, so I feel like either you're misinterpreting what's going on or mistaking an intermittent issue for something related to what video you're watching. For example, I spent awhile trying to figure out why I was getting occasional dropouts but only in the Pandora Desktop app, and it turned out my headset adapter was slightly busted and I only played audio long enough to notice the very intermittent dropouts when Pandora was running.

Securely reseat all of your connections and try again. If the problem persists, reformat your post using the template in the sticky Rules thread and reply. We need to know your system specs and what version of Windows you're running to even begin to help.

It's working just as I'm describing but I can't explain it. I can literally go from one video to another, and one will have sound and one won't.

I'm going to close the thread until this weekend after I move, and if it's still doing it after uhooking and rehooking everything for that I'll reformat the post. Thanks!

• Locked thread