Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Someone remind me why PSP hates Guida so much. Dude isn't a good fighter, but he has heart and he has one of the more unique non-douchey personalities in the UFC. I can understand not rooting for him, but all the glee over seeing him get destroyed was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Someone remind me why PSP hates Guida so much. Dude isn't a good fighter, but he has heart and he has one of the more unique non-douchey personalities in the UFC. I can understand not rooting for him, but all the glee over seeing him get destroyed was weird.

The Gray Maynard fight, mostly. Also being related to Jason Guida.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
His personality isn't non-douchey, he puts on terrible fights whenever he's against a non poo poo-tier fighter, he's a giant loving spaz and he thinks 'bouncing around swinging his arms' is actually fighting.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

-Atom- posted:

The Gray Maynard fight, mostly. Also being related to Jason Guida.

I can accept that the Jason connection taints him a bit, but I still felt bad watching him get whooped.

I don't remember anything about the Maynard fight at all and there's probably a reason for that.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like guida a lot more ever since he changed his fighting style to bouncing around like a dipshit getting beat up from going for the world's first 15 minute takedown attempt every fight. This was almost the perfect guida fight, though ideally it would have ended a little before the first round when he injured himself in training and had to pull out.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I don't remember anything about the Maynard fight at all and there's probably a reason for that.

He spent the entirety of the fight running away from Gray. Not like "Oh he was setting up counter punches by choosing his engagements" he literally just ran away for 5 rounds, then he and his brother attempted to talk poo poo afterwords. It's especially annoying because he used to be a cool fighter to watch.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
re: Green/Thomson, I felt like Green spent a little too much time avoiding all of Thomson's strikes and not enough time actually hitting Thomson, but on the other hand he did probably hit Thomson more than Thomson hit him. Tough fight to score.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

fatherdog posted:

re: Green/Thomson, I felt like Green spent a little too much time avoiding all of Thomson's strikes and not enough time actually hitting Thomson, but on the other hand he did probably hit Thomson more than Thomson hit him. Tough fight to score.

That's what I thought as well. Green was doing really well slipping Thomson's strikes and then he would just do nothing and sort of cede the position and do it all over again.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
While I agree that Green didn't look great, Thomson managed to do even less and was grinning like an idiot the whole time.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress clay guida did he get stopped?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Skip My Posts posted:

gently caress clay guida did he get stopped?

Yes, kneed into oblivion in the first and choked out in the second :getin:

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'm fully on board the dennis bermudez hype train.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

canada jezus posted:

I'm fully on board the dennis bermudez hype train.

If Bermudez doesn't outrank McGregor next week I'm going to be loving livid.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bermudez should fight Conor tbqh but Dana is gonna protect his Oirish babby so

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

My feeling is Bermudez would murder McGregor. Then again i've only been into ufc since september so what do i know.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Nope that sounds right

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'm hesitant to call Bermudez good yet. He's looked better and better, but I'm not ready to rule out the possibility that when he faces someone actually good, he gets smashed.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
His striking defense is pretty bad still. Guida was catching him coming in with some pretty good punches. It didn't matter much because Bermudez would straight wreck him after closing in but against better fighters he might be in trouble. That kind of stuff takes time though and he is developing his game pretty well.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Conor would probably TKO Bermudez pretty quickly.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

He'd have to stay upright and his wrestling is questionable at this point.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

K8.0 posted:

I'm hesitant to call Bermudez good yet. He's looked better and better, but I'm not ready to rule out the possibility that when he faces someone actually good, he gets smashed.

Good thing we're only talking about him fighting Conor McGregor then!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He'd have to stay upright and his wrestling is questionable at this point.

Why? Because he's irish?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Why? Because he's irish?

I know you aren't this stupid. I'm sure you can come up with an answer on your own.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I think he's making an irish > drunk > hard to stay on their feet joke.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Let's not talk about McGregor anymore until the Poirier fight. Unless you wanna post about how dope his gorilla tattoo is, that is fine.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Chexoid posted:

I think he's making an irish > drunk > hard to stay on their feet joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6197Nh7PNQ

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Effortlessly outwrestling Guida is better wrestling than anyone at feather other than Frankie, Mendes or Aldo have shown thus far, I think. I'm probably forgetting one of the other guys that dropped from lightweight, though.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Lamas can be pretty good. if they don't do Edgar/Bermudez like I hope, I'd like to see Bermudez/Lamas.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I'm going to have to wait until the fight is on FightPass to check for sure, but did Brown flop and pretend like he got kicked int he nads? I thought I saw him grabbing his crotch but I missed the replay.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That's what it looked like to me - it looked like Robbie hit him with a hellacious liver kick and then I got really confused when the ref stepped in.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Bermudez would beat McGregor pretty easily imo. It doesn't even matter that Bermudez gets hits a lot because he has an iron chin. He was a zombie several times against Grice (they both were). Not to mention that he knows how to wrestle. Bermudez would beat McGregor standing and smash him if/when he took him down. Either way, McGregor isn't going to get matched against a wrestler until he absolutely has to.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 27, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Muttonchips posted:

I'm going to have to wait until the fight is on FightPass to check for sure, but did Brown flop and pretend like he got kicked int he nads? I thought I saw him grabbing his crotch but I missed the replay.

In the slow-mo replay it looked like the shin grazed his cup (which is probably why he only took a few seconds).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Muttonchips posted:

I think Lawler's ankle clipped the cup.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Big John said he heard it graze the cup.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Dangersim posted:

Big John said he heard it graze the cup.

Great new rules change. Add a speaker and a sensor that makes a clown honk when it detects a groin shot. No more fakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

• Locked thread