Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

https://soundcloud.com/hardw1red/bonuslevel-wip-8

it's like an homage to the minimal artists Extrawelt. I'm workin on it daily, gonna be some 50+ minute set when it's done. throw whatever feedback or suggestions or anything at me. Also tips on how to get it out there would be cool. thanks in advance guys n gals

Pizzatime fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Pizzatime posted:

https://soundcloud.com/hardw1red/bonuslevel-wip-6

it's like an homage to the minimal artists Extrawelt. I'm workin on it daily, gonna be some 50+ minute set when it's done. throw whatever feedback or suggestions or anything at me. Also tips on how to get it out there would be cool. thanks in advance guys n gals

i think your url is wrong? I had to go to your profile to find the track which i think is called bonuslevel wip 8, not 6?

listening now anyway, will edit post when done

edit:

I actually think it's pretty frickin' cool. Constructive criticisms:

first 4 minutes - kick compression

Your kick is getting drowned out by your bass in the first 4 minutes, and in the final segment it could...kick more? You might wanna either up the compression on the kick, or cut your sub levels in EQ, or a little of both.

edit: 4.35 atmospheric drone

Around 4.35 you've got this harmonizing atmospheric drone going on and it works but it could be doing a little more. I know you're going for the minimal thing, but toying with its automation a bit might give it the space i think you're trying to create with it. Even if it's just some simple panning automation or phasing.

Keep going though, this is cool!

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 26, 2014

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Quickscope420dad posted:

i think your url is wrong? I had to go to your profile to find the track which i think is called bonuslevel wip 8, not 6?

listening now anyway, will edit post when done

edit:

I actually think it's pretty frickin' cool. Constructive criticisms:

first 4 minutes - kick compression

Your kick is getting drowned out by your bass in the first 4 minutes, and in the final segment it could...kick more? You might wanna either up the compression on the kick, or cut your sub levels in EQ, or a little of both.

edit: 4.35 atmospheric drone

Around 4.35 you've got this harmonizing atmospheric drone going on and it works but it could be doing a little more. I know you're going for the minimal thing, but toying with its automation a bit might give it the space i think you're trying to create with it. Even if it's just some simple panning automation or phasing.

Keep going though, this is cool!

oh crap yea, I deleted all the old ones when I was up to #8, fixed that now.

heh nice I already upped the kick a bunch in the first and last segment now. you were def right about that. you're definitely right about the drone, that one's pretty basic, gonna screw around with that a bunch.

thanks a lot!

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Pizzatime posted:

oh crap yea, I deleted all the old ones when I was up to #8, fixed that now.

heh nice I already upped the kick a bunch in the first and last segment now. you were def right about that. you're definitely right about the drone, that one's pretty basic, gonna screw around with that a bunch.

thanks a lot!

Did you just up the gain / level of the kick or add more compression?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Quickscope420dad posted:

Did you just up the gain / level of the kick or add more compression?

neither, most of the kicks are a combination of multiple kicks at different volumes. actually I listened back to it and the version you listened to was already the one where I adjusted it, so idk but I might just not like too punchy subs, cause even tho I listened back to it a bunch of times now I don't hear a problem, I kinda want them to drown out and be like barely there at times.

• Locked thread