Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I echo this tweet from Yggdrizzle:

@Yggdrizzle posted:

can the readers not see the game at ESA? talking over critical moments in every single run is getting really loving old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Not a huge fan of the 4-man race layout they're using.

Some of the runs have been entertaining though, looking forward to catching the interesting stuff I missed out on. The Mega Man block hasn't disappointed in entertainment!! Happy to see Primal debut at a marathon, he's a great dude and a great speedrunner.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, you should probably put this in the OP. The reddit VoD thread.
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2by5nh/esa2014_vods_thread/

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

CVagts posted:

I echo this tweet from Yggdrizzle:

They really can't. :saddowns:

It's off to the side at a bad angle.

There's an E.Y.E. run starting shortly on the main stream. I have no idea what to expect from a run of E.Y.E., but I feel like it has the potential to be super broken.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BloodWulfe posted:

There's an E.Y.E. run starting shortly on the main stream. I have no idea what to expect from a run of E.Y.E., but I feel like it has the potential to be super broken.
It lived up to that potential and holy poo poo is that game fast.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The yellow stream chat has taught me that in the year 2014 there are still people who jerk off over their fake plastic guitar skills.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Alright, after Tetrisphere it's my BCR run! :D

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 31, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

KennyMan666 posted:

Alright, after Tetrisphere it's my BCR run! :D

I'm watching :unsmith:

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Too bad that you barely missed that sub one hour. Truuuucks! :argh:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Reading the chat, watching the recap, reading the twitters, god what a wonderful speedrun marathon :unsmith:

e: The four player race layout I like, but it makes for super tiny views that requires going fullscreen to watch it. Fine for 8bit stuff, stretching it for later consoles and PC. Some text elements could be larger in general, but it is readable and fine in default viewer size compared to ahem..

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 31, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Notch dropped 10k during the San Andreas run earlier this afternoon because that's what Notch does.

I hope everyone is watching Tompa run Wand of Gamelon on the second stream.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This poor loving guy doing the Hard Reset run. Holy poo poo

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

PUT YOUR HANDS UP

Trying to get 10 PCs running together at a marathon is going about as well as one would think.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Well the Blood Money run is off to a smashing start with a pretty sick combination of RNG into glitch into hilarious AI resulting in Agent 47 becoming the assassination victim.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Gimnbo posted:

PUT YOUR HANDS UP

Trying to get 10 PCs running together at a marathon is going about as well as one would think.
Which game was that? It was mentioned on TSSB but I've already forgotten. I'm going to have to watch a lot of VODs as it is.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

CrashCat posted:

Which game was that? It was mentioned on TSSB but I've already forgotten. I'm going to have to watch a lot of VODs as it is.

SWAT 4. It's definitely not one of the more serious speedruns.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Is there any vods up yet? Or a listing like SGDQ had?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

SystemLogoff posted:

Is there any vods up yet? Or a listing like SGDQ had?

http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2by5nh/esa2014_vods_thread/

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I feel this Gunstar Heroes run could use a better player.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I hope all the people begging for a Golden Sun run get their fill with this. Not getting the draw of that game. (in a run that long)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 1, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Wow I was hyped for Dark Souls 2 and it was a lovely boss skip run.

Noobest whines a lot for someone being bad at video games.

There was less aggravation during a blind run of Rick Dangerous compared to Noobest's main game.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DS2 is weird in that the boss skip run is actually a really neat run for how it breaks the game, but if you're looking for DS2 gameplay it's not fulfilling. It's also difficult in terms of tricks since the rolls can go wrong and you have to constantly binocular boost.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

- Takes bee-sting on finger to lose time
:stare:

e: thekotti/Kotti, during the last few minutes of Titan Quest took a bee-sting on his index finger. Someone (forget the name) replaced him for the final fight, he had to give up the Max Payne 2 race obviously. Shiet.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 2, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I wonder if Kennyman is slowly dying inside playing goddess mode.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Why does this game have boobs? There is like no reason for it to have boobs.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

YuffieWarp Glitch% FF7 just started on the yellow stream, it's a normal FF7 speedrun until Yuffie's picked up and then the magic happens.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So hi guys I'm gonna try to power through all of Majora's Mask on the donation station.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Videogame marathons could do with less dancing in general I think

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It could do with more mad PC gaming poo poo like Swat 4 runs http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi/b/553312384?t=15m00s

Bonus stream with PSO Ep2 on http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 3, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Roller Coaster Tycoon MaxGuest% race with Oasiz, tyr, tdawg now http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

Edenal created some good software for this that you rtmp stream into, rather than using someones twitch stream or using up HDMI slots on a capture-machine for. Handy stuff, handy guy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

MrLonghair posted:

Roller Coaster Tycoon MaxGuest% race with Oasiz, tyr, tdawg now http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

Edenal created some good software for this that you rtmp stream into, rather than using someones twitch stream or using up HDMI slots on a capture-machine for. Handy stuff, handy guy.

Well that's pretty cool.

Any idea how many guests is max? How long will it take?

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

timp posted:

Well that's pretty cool.

Any idea how many guests is max? How long will it take?

The way it's working is that whoever has the most guests after one hour wins.

E: LOL Oazis won by spamming shuttle loops.

Coming up next is a Vice City package collection run.

Alpha3KV fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 5, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

37:53.74 to get all packages in VC, PB 36m. All robberies% completed in 10m28s. Mystery game now.

I think the amount of PC games sets this apart from GDQs hard. I hope they can figure PCs out for them, even if it's just for a single PC in the streaming room to run games on. Lovely bit of variety, the fresh air many people want by the sound of it (PC gaming at ESA)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PC setup was amazing this year. It's actually one of the reasons why SGDQ got so far ahead of schedule. The exception was Super Meat Boy which had port issues and some of the people that used their own PC, and even then setup for those PCs was still fast.

There was also a beefy PC indie game block this time around.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Studio posted:

PC setup was amazing this year. It's actually one of the reasons why SGDQ got so far ahead of schedule. The exception was Super Meat Boy which had port issues and some of the people that used their own PC, and even then setup for those PCs was still fast.

There was also a beefy PC indie game block this time around.

Then it's AGDQ my heatstruck brain was on about while forgetting all about SGDQ, crap.

Now it's casual GTA3 race, shanz on eidgod.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFs6VWJxbM0&t=90s

Closing ceremonies from the other day in case anyone missed it.

ESA was fun :neckbeard:

e: there's awkward dancing at the beginning too but I skipped over that for heartfelt words

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The bonus stream technically ended but that just means the pirate stream is up. Right now is Action 52 for the Genesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Record-long bonus streaming, now it's that HL2Ep2 (?) Peggle. Great wind-down, compared to last nights (European time) GTA insane-extravaganza.

e: That seems to be it for bonus and pirate streaming

Good useful feedback is coming to the thread on SDA, from what I watched the tech side of things seemed fine, and that there was no problem getting hold of people running audio and reading the few donations but apparently it was the other way around on-site. Wishing I had been able to attend.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 6, 2014

• Locked thread