Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Not a band, but does anyone even remember any of the winners of American Idol?
It says something about American Idol's actual relevance to music when Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are pretty much it and no one even likes their boring music that much. I'll bet half of the people who watch shows like American Idol only do it to laugh at the terrible auditions. Though, Weird Al did a pretty good parody of Taylor Hick's song so it's not all bad.

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Celery Face posted:

It says something about American Idol's actual relevance to music when Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are pretty much it and no one even likes their boring music that much. I'll bet half of the people who watch shows like American Idol only do it to laugh at the terrible auditions. Though, Weird Al did a pretty good parody of Taylor Hick's song so it's not all bad.

jarvis cocker posted:

ruben studdard

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Why the gently caress am I hearing ads for Seether? Thought we left those shitwads behind along with planking or whatever the gently caress

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

Why the gently caress am I hearing ads for Seether? Thought we left those shitwads behind along with planking or whatever the gently caress
My brother brought their album because he liked Remedy. Boy, was he in for a disappointment.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Whenever anybody mentions Seether I pretend they're talking about the Verruca Salt song and it makes it a little better.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Any of the excruciatingly dull "laid-back surfer guy with an acoustic guitar" guys.

Remember when Mitch Hedberg said that wearing a turtleneck is like being choked all day by a really weak person? That's what Jack Johnson sounds like to me. Like a terminal-stage cancer patient is trying to choke me out.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Celery Face posted:

kelly clarkson has had some good songs, and quite a few top 10 hits, so i'd say some people like(d) her

FactsAreUseless posted:

Whenever anybody mentions Seether I pretend they're talking about the Verruca Salt song and it makes it a little better.

same

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

STARIN DOWN THE BARREL OF A .45

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVJ0n07Vxo

:hehe:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i forgot seether did this song, it's not that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6JDLQF23g

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nonsense posted:

STARIN DOWN THE BARREL OF A .45
SWIMMIN THROUGH THE ASHES OF ANOTHER LIFE (nother life)

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

good album cover. it tells you exactly what you're gonna get.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think we can agree that Verruca Salt rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3S0-Fcwb1o

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it should be mentioned that today in Boston it is Godsmack Day, which should tell you all about the local music scene there (it is bad)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

you'd have to know like five bands in all of music to unironically called AC/DC the most overrated ever

like loving seriously?

"this band that's basically only listened to by people over 40 who ride motorcycles, most overrated ever in the history of music"
you raise a good point, i'm being too kind on AC/DC by calling them "overrated"

a better term for them would be "a glorified Nickelback" because all of their music is the same

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

:airquote: rock authority :airquote:
i bet they have that dumbass mandatory metallica bullshit too

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

When a band takes out commercials on TV to sell albums alongside Billy Mays ads (RIP), I think it's safe to say they suck out loud.

LifeSizePotato posted:

the only worthwhile musical thing lenny kravitz ever did was the guitar riff in "are you gonna go my way." only the riff, too, because the rest of the song blows

Kravitz is a master of copying the most popular songs from literally any decade. Robin Thicke should apply for an internship.

Also what the gently caress is Dream Theater?

red19fire fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 7, 2014

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

i forgot seether did this song, it's not that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6JDLQF23g

it is actually real loving bad, bro

Y-Hat posted:

you raise a good point, i'm being too kind on AC/DC by calling them "overrated"

a better term for them would be "a glorified Nickelback" because all of their music is the same

the main difference between AC/DC and Nickelback is only one of them takes themselves seriously as real artists and that's what makes them suck

I just read an interview with Chad Kroeger to prove my point, and he actually seems like a decent person, but he also talks about how much time and thought he puts into writing his songs and the ~*~deeper meanings~*~ behind some of them

all of AC/DC's songs are about drinking or loving or being a bad rear end, which is okay and why they aren't Nickelback tier

AC/DC is like the proto Andrew WK, and no one would say Andrew WK sucks because all of his songs sound the same

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Pseudonym posted:

:airquote: rock authority :airquote:
i bet they have that dumbass mandatory metallica bullshit too

They did, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

has anyone mentioned the Black Eyed Peas yet?

I mean, I feel kind of bad for Chad Kroeger since he seems to be sincere in his drive. BEP are completely devoid of talent and artistic drive. you cannot love music and BEP at the same time

• Locked thread