Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

It's like a gif but 1000x better, and you can have sound. Think of the hilarities that could be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I dunno, man. webms really are superior to gifs in literally every loving way. they even load faster.

http://a.pomf.se/eqjemv.webm

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Well it tool like, over a decade to get search and it is broken and lovely soooooo...

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
webm is just an obscure freetard video container format. it's like ogg vorbis. moot should have chosen mp4 which is much more widely supported. there is no significant benefit to using webm instead of mp4. webm does not work in safari which means it cannot be viewed on an iphone and this is unlikely to change anytime soon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea where's my animated webm goatse?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

who cares

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Kyrie eleison posted:

webm is just an obscure freetard video container format. it's like ogg vorbis. moot should have chosen mp4 which is much more widely supported. there is no significant benefit to using webm instead of mp4. webm does not work in safari which means it cannot be viewed on an iphone and this is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

This is the most hyperspecifically bland thread I've ever seen.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gifs can have sound can't they

I swear I have one saved on my hard drive right now with sound

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

gifs can have sound can't they

I swear I have one saved on my hard drive right now with sound
You can change the extension to mp3 and hear audio. You can't watch both simultaneous unless there's a very specific program that does that sort of thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
forget all that poo poo. when will they get a mobile app?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kyrie eleison posted:

good. ppl with iphones shouldn't be allowed to have fun.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Kyrie eleison posted:

it is illegal to share MP3s here dont talk about filez or youll be reported, thx

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You can change the extension to mp3 and hear audio. You can't watch both simultaneous unless there's a very specific program that does that sort of thing.

oh you're right it was a .swf lol I'm an idiot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kyrie eleison posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0mWq3FPoPo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that after browsing the forums for more than 45 seconds I get a pop-over of lowtax wearing a blu tooth headset with flashing text that says "You seem to be having trouble poo poo posting, can I help?" and offers you the ability to live-chat with poo poo-post representatives who can steer you clear of using insta-ban thread tags yet still post low content hive mind lol-patrol threads in gbs.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that after browsing the forums for more than 45 seconds I get a pop-over of lowtax wearing a blu tooth headset with flashing text that says "You seem to be having trouble poo poo posting, can I help?" and offers you the ability to live-chat with poo poo-post representatives who can steer you clear of using insta-ban thread tags yet still post low content hive mind lol-patrol threads in gbs.
tane

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

poo poo posting is easy. Just be a jerk!

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Big Beef City posted:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Big Beef City posted:

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

This is Obamas america

• Locked thread