Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

hardcore parkour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

ppl who like kids: aatrek

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

EvilJoven posted:

Ask anyone with kids if they'd go back in time and do it all over again if they were guaranteed to not get the same kids the second time around.

Most I've asked have admitted they wouldn't because while they love their children, in hindsight it did gently caress up their lives.

Apparently being a parent sucks for the most part.

more like being a poo poo parent who maybe shouldn't have been one in the first place sucks, and there are plenty of those to ask. If I had to do it again I would but a few years earlier

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Other people's kids are cool sometimes. My 2yo cousin thinks it's super funny when I fake her out for a high five, and that's empowering.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

BKPR posted:

Other people's kids are cool sometimes. My 2yo cousin thinks it's super funny when I fake her out for a high five, and that's empowering.

Yeah, other people's kids can be cool mainly because i'm around them for limited amounts of time (before they get annoying)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like my kids. They're cute. I'm lucky they get their looks from their mom.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I Work At A Summer Camp And Want To Kill Myself AMA

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

BUTT CONSPIRACY posted:

I Work At A Summer Camp And Want To Kill Myself AMA

Funniest/weirdest story? Does the pay justify the experience?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMI4gbSOSVI

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Helpimscared posted:

Funniest/weirdest story? Does the pay justify the experience?

Its like Auschwitz but the Jews are all 13

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I like kids but they are also assholes. I think if you harbor absolutely no animosity toward kids then you clearly never were one because kids are mean little shits.

BUTT CONSPIRACY posted:

Its like Auschwitz but the Jews are all 13
Wait, what kind of hosed up summer camp do you work at that is gassing children?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

no great evil lurked w/in my heart as a child and i feel like that is a failing

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I like kids but they are also assholes. I think if you harbor absolutely no animosity toward kids then you clearly never were one because kids are mean little shits.

Wait, what kind of hosed up summer camp do you work at that is gassing children?

They just don't loving listen, they ignore any and all instruction. Then they proceed to break things or gently caress them up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
A couple winters ago I was cleaning snow off my car while a bunch of 7 or 8 year olds were having a snowball fight in the parking lot. They were pretty much halfassing it though, just tossing loose handfuls of snow at each other. Meanwhile one of them has a little brother who's sitting by the gutter carefully compacting slush into a solid ball of ice, which he slams center mass into one of the older kids.

They all loudly protest that you can't throw iceballs in a snowball fight, and the kid who gets hit starts lecturing the little kid about how he can't use the slush because it's ice and not snow. The little one's response: "I know! That's why it hurts! :3:"

Children are monsters.

• Locked thread