Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Welp. I ended up starting TY Hilton even though he is out. I really need to watch the time more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Projections are still liking the Bandits but I'm pretty happy with being tied at this point in the match. It's just really going to hinge on Julius Thomas waking up and having a big game after a long long dry spell. That and Beckham having a better second half than Dez.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

0 from Luck. He is going to finish 1st overall for QB points and bust countless teams in their playoffs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was facing him in both of my leagues. Both of which I was projected to lose, and am now projecting very close to ties.

In the other league, I need Beast Mode to be more like Lamb Mode, and for Demaryius to do well. In this league, I need Demaryius to do badly! I have Julius Thomas in both, too.

Apparently I should have started Reuben Randle. :shrug:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Hey, if we're going over regrets, Mason+Royal+Cameron would combine for 25 extra points on my team even with solid performances from most of my skill positions atm.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I got only half as many points from the Pickle as I would have gotten from Romo, but it seems to have been enough.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Death to the Rams D

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lynch just destroyed the cards, :rip:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Thanks for being a cocktease, Demaryius!

GG Leper, enjoy the championship.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks Mike. GG. You got completely screwed by Luck. Also, 80 points on your bench has to hurt.

But last year I lost the championship match by a similarly slim margin, so it feels pretty good to win this one!

Everyone, I'd be interested in hearing how you thought the year went, and especially the scoring we tried out this year. PPR: bust, or must?

I hope everyone had fun, new players and veterans. Better luck next year!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grats!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Congrats, Leper. You earned it.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
This was fun! Congrats Leper.

For my first time doing this, I think I did fairly well. Though I have lost 4 of my last 5 games...

Also, Captain Foo, what happened to your avatar? I had to look twice to see who you were.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I had a ton of fun, and I liked how PPR worked out as well. My only main problem is that I think we should definitely go to 1 RB, maybe add another flex or something? I'm not sure exactly what all the league options are.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

This was fun! Congrats Leper.

For my first time doing this, I think I did fairly well. Though I have lost 4 of my last 5 games...

Also, Captain Foo, what happened to your avatar? I had to look twice to see who you were.

I changed it???

Anyway, to better reflect the NEW LEAGUE REALITY I'd gander we should do

qb rb wr wr te flex flex

Instead of 2rb 1flex

And ppr is good

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Congratulations to our 2014 champion, Leper Flesh!

I'm glad people had fun with this. I will be making a post later on discussing some ideas for next year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1 RB is certainly an option. I would like to explore the idea of dropping the kicker - I think they're just essentially randomizers, in a game which is already awfully random.

I played in an all-IDP league this year and that was fun, but I know that IDP isn't very newbie-friendly.

I'd love to do an auction-style draft. It's not terribly complicated, but it can also be less newbie-friendly. Then again, my draft was mostly a bust - Jamaal Charles 5th overall was a great pick, but the rest of my team had to evolve a lot over the season to stay upright. I've never had to work the waivers so much.

Actually that's a fun thing to do: what was your biggest success, and your biggest regret?

My biggest success was drafting Charles - e.g., dodging the Adrien Peterson bullet. Picking up his handcuff for cheap was also smart, since Charles spent a few weeks hurt.
My biggest regret is, after trading Cordarelle Patterson for Jeremy Hill, deciding two or three weeks later that Cincinnatti was just going to be an unreliable running-back-by-committee the rest of the year and dropping him. I think Giovanni got hurt the next week, and then Hill blew up like crazy. I had to stream RB2s the rest of the year, when I could have mostly just slotted Hill in.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My biggest success was probably my Cutler gamble in every league this year. He did pretty well for where I drafted him. My biggest regret was assuming that my guys were solid and neglecting waivers for weeks; I had this exact issue in the past in a league called Goontier where my team was a juggernaut draft day and I ignored it assuming it wasn't an issue only to find my team was in shambles and too late to salvage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I picked up Odell Beckham, Jr. off of waivers. That was obviously a huge coup, and I had consistently awful wavier priority the entire year, so any of you guys could have snagged him ahead of me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I ended up being busier and less able to rely play the wavier wire as much as I expected to

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Biggest success and regret: Andrew Luck. I aimed for him slipping to the 3rd round, had him projected in the elite tier with Manning and Rodgers, and he paid off incredibly over the season. Then killed me in the final.

Ignoring him, I'd go with Justin Forsett for biggest success, #8 RB started the season on waivers. Jordan Cameron would be my biggest regret, as he was injured for most of the season and then didn't do much when he came back. Kelce was a good replacement, but coming out of the draft I really thought I'd be able to count on Cameron for steady points at TE.

Re: next season chat, I'm still a general fan of 2 RBs, but not for this league if we get 12-14 teams again. Dropping K would be fine, but I don't care strongly one way or the other on that. PPR was fun even if it felt bloody weird to pick up positive points on a -2 yard catch.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Foo posted:

Anyway, to better reflect the NEW LEAGUE REALITY I'd gander we should do

qb rb wr wr te flex flex

Instead of 2rb 1flex

And ppr is good

Agreed to all of this, more flex allows for more modular lineups and it downplays RBs in a league focused on WRs and such. I personally have no strong feelings for kickers either way, like basically everyone on earth, so whatever the league as a whole wants is cool for that.

This was a fun season, I regret my tunnel vision on WRs which lead to me having nothing but dregs for RBs, shoulda hit up trades and poo poo to fix that.

Also congrats Leper!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks everyone. I put way more time into fantasy football this year than was healthy, as my wife would attest. Paid for NFL Sunday Ticket, watched six or eight games a week (often three or four simultaneously), checked my roster more or less daily, and mainlined the fantasy football threads in The Armchair Quarterback subforum.

Next year I think I need to find a way to cut back a bit. Maybe now I've won a championship I can relax. Right?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha you're doomed. Next year you'll get into daily games!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Taking Pey-Pey so early wasn't worth it, really, and my biggest success stories would probably be both the Texans and later Dolphins D. Even when the Texans lost, thanks to Watt I could normally count on a few solid points, and swapping them with the Dolphins depending on opponent worked out well. I could've done better with waivers and trades, but I just kept chasing that loving dragon and ending up a game late on too many guys.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I streamed defenses the entire year and for the most part I think it worked out. I rarely got more than like 10 points from a D/ST, but that was all I was counting on.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SilverMike posted:

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha you're doomed. Next year you'll get into daily games!

I hear DraftKings is nice this time of year..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm yes that might be interesting to check out during the post-season, there's probably some playoff stuff going on...

...wait, no, what are you trying to do to me!

• Locked thread