Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

gently caress you bud mash is immortal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Feranon posted:

gently caress you bud mash is immortal

TWENTY FIRST CENTURY TO FERANON COME IN FERANON STOP

SIGNAL IS WEAK WE CAN ENCODE ONLY MINIMAL INFORMATION STOP

MASH IS LIKE 300 YEARS OLD AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT KOREA STOP

ADVISE FIXATION ON A MORE NOTABLE WAR MESSAGE ENDS

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

Lazerbeam posted:

Father Ted is great though

FECK!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Two and a Half Men is the worst one. 2 Broke Girls is loving horrible but at least Kat Dennings is attractive?
Whitney is historically the worst. God what a loving trainwreck

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
kat dennings has great comic timing, she deserves way better than that shithole of a show

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

PUGGERNAUT posted:

kat dennings has great comic timing, she deserves way better than that shithole of a show

You can tell she has a sense of humor but yeah they're wasting her and guess what? That show is Whitney Cummings too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

holy poo poo I need to watch Father Ted right now.

I also enjoyed one foot in the grave and keeping up appearances.

naem
May 29, 2011

"Which Friends character are you most like?" I ask my date. I'm a witty guy who uses humour as a disarming mechanism (and, some might say, as a tool to masking my crippling insecurity), so I'd most likely be Chandler. But I'm smart like a scientist, so I could also be Ross. Finally, I'm klutzy and adorable--just like a Golden Retriever--so there are certainly hints of Joey inside of me. "I'm basically Chandler, Ross, and Joey." I loudly proclaim this fact, because confidence is an aphrodisiac.

Every six months, Staples performs an employee review on me and gives me anywhere between a $0.30 and $0.50 raise. This last review, my "upsells" were so high that the manager bumped me up $0.65. The trick is to target older customers and mislead them on their purchases. Thus, it only took me seven weeks to afford a pair of Toto elevator shoes, which added five more inches to my height. The problem is that the shoes don't do much once you sit down, so I've also been growing my hair out and using Axe molding clay to stand it straight up, which adds several more inches. All-in-all, I'm pretty close to my goal of adding another foot to my height.

Women love it.

"These are really great breadsticks," I complement the breadsticks. I keep eating them because, hey, free food. "Nom nom nom...hah!" She doesn't get it.

Actually, I can't help but notice that my date sits a little straighter (and therefore higher) than me. As I try to fit an entire breadstick into my mouth and chew it without also biting my tongue, I carefully eyeball the top of her head. She follows my eyes and touches her hair. "What?" she asks.

I squint and chew harder. Louder. Faster. I lean in. She smells like...cinnamon? No, nutmeg. It's hard to tell. My nose is stuffed up so I have to keep my mouth open while I chew. I suddenly imagine the ball of bread rolling around in my mouth like a load of dirty laundry and it makes me want to throw up.

"I'll be right back," I jump up from my seat and jog to the restroom. When I get there, inspiration strikes me like a bolt of divine lightning. "Eureka!" I start balling up paper towels and stuffing them into the back of my pants--I think I fit half of a roll down there. Then I waddle back to the table and quietly take a seat.

She looks mildly shocked. Or perturbed? I don't know, women are hard to read. "Are you...are you alright?" she asks.

"Who? Me? Yeah. Of course." My rear end crunches softly on stiff brown paper towels while I use her forehead as a ruler and try to estimate the height that they have added to my position. Maybe an inch--not bad, not bad. I lean forward. "Do you think there's a difference between, like...anime and manga?"

Suddenly a sharp pain hits my stomach. The breadsticks. They're interacting with the pot of lukewarm coffee I drank earlier. I wince as I feel a burning sensation running through my intestines like a G-scale model train. An "uh oh..." escapes my lips before I can stop it at the proverbial gates. I don't think I'm going to make it to the bathroom. But the paper towels. "...spaghettiooooos..." I force a smile.

I imagine a beleaguered General Adama facing down a whole Cylon army with nothing but a handful of fighters and flak guns. He meditates on the coming battle before finally saying, Alright, here goes nothing, Colonel Tigh. I close my eyes, hesitantly relax my rear end, and immediately feel a warm burbling rise up between my legs, just like I sat down in a pool of sun-baked mud or bread dough. The sensation persists for what feels like an eternity--the duration of which I am entirely silent. When it ends--mercifully--I let out a soft sigh.

When I open my eyes, I realize something very strange: I have risen another inch or so and am now looking slightly downward at my date. It is the most shocking and beautiful thing I could ever conceive of.

They say, "When god closes a door, he opens a window." I don't believe in god, but if I did, I'd swear he was with me that day.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Margaret Cho had a sitcom, therefore it was the worst

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I get ya... She has "two" great comic timings, heh heh heh

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Anyone remember Fran Drescher as The Nanny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3unWr_b2Ew

I hope to god no.

naem
May 29, 2011

Andy samberg, Brooklyn 99.

Seems like an snl parody of a formulaic sitcom until you realize it IS a formulaic sitcom.

It's pretty much andy samberg jerking of on a bunch of less famous character actors with a vague cop theme

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Nathilus posted:

look at this gay rear end post.

AstroBravo
Jun 23, 2009
Work it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Joid6wx3Q

this is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life

and yet somehow I admire it for its efficency

it manages to insult women, men, transpeople, people affected by the downturn in the economy, and anyone with a functioning brain in one fell swoop

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

At least we didn't get dressed up for nothin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

Night Court is actually the best sitcom.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6xuejuPlCs

God drat, this is some GOOD poo poo!

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the only funny sitcom. All of the others are varying degrees of poo poo. Sunny is what Seinfeld was trying to be, but they only really pulled it off in a few episodes. Almost every episode of Sunny is comic gold.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 29, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

i don't know what the gently caress else you guys have been posting about because Small Wonder existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukSvjqwJixw

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
The League is the best ever.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

naem posted:

"Which Friends character are you most like?" I ask my date. I'm a witty guy who uses humour as a disarming mechanism (and, some might say, as a tool to masking my crippling insecurity), so I'd most likely be Chandler. But I'm smart like a scientist, so I could also be Ross. Finally, I'm klutzy and adorable--just like a Golden Retriever--so there are certainly hints of Joey inside of me. "I'm basically Chandler, Ross, and Joey." I loudly proclaim this fact, because confidence is an aphrodisiac.

Every six months, Staples performs an employee review on me and gives me anywhere between a $0.30 and $0.50 raise. This last review, my "upsells" were so high that the manager bumped me up $0.65. The trick is to target older customers and mislead them on their purchases. Thus, it only took me seven weeks to afford a pair of Toto elevator shoes, which added five more inches to my height. The problem is that the shoes don't do much once you sit down, so I've also been growing my hair out and using Axe molding clay to stand it straight up, which adds several more inches. All-in-all, I'm pretty close to my goal of adding another foot to my height.

Women love it.

"These are really great breadsticks," I complement the breadsticks. I keep eating them because, hey, free food. "Nom nom nom...hah!" She doesn't get it.

Actually, I can't help but notice that my date sits a little straighter (and therefore higher) than me. As I try to fit an entire breadstick into my mouth and chew it without also biting my tongue, I carefully eyeball the top of her head. She follows my eyes and touches her hair. "What?" she asks.

I squint and chew harder. Louder. Faster. I lean in. She smells like...cinnamon? No, nutmeg. It's hard to tell. My nose is stuffed up so I have to keep my mouth open while I chew. I suddenly imagine the ball of bread rolling around in my mouth like a load of dirty laundry and it makes me want to throw up.

"I'll be right back," I jump up from my seat and jog to the restroom. When I get there, inspiration strikes me like a bolt of divine lightning. "Eureka!" I start balling up paper towels and stuffing them into the back of my pants--I think I fit half of a roll down there. Then I waddle back to the table and quietly take a seat.

She looks mildly shocked. Or perturbed? I don't know, women are hard to read. "Are you...are you alright?" she asks.

"Who? Me? Yeah. Of course." My rear end crunches softly on stiff brown paper towels while I use her forehead as a ruler and try to estimate the height that they have added to my position. Maybe an inch--not bad, not bad. I lean forward. "Do you think there's a difference between, like...anime and manga?"

Suddenly a sharp pain hits my stomach. The breadsticks. They're interacting with the pot of lukewarm coffee I drank earlier. I wince as I feel a burning sensation running through my intestines like a G-scale model train. An "uh oh..." escapes my lips before I can stop it at the proverbial gates. I don't think I'm going to make it to the bathroom. But the paper towels. "...spaghettiooooos..." I force a smile.

I imagine a beleaguered General Adama facing down a whole Cylon army with nothing but a handful of fighters and flak guns. He meditates on the coming battle before finally saying, Alright, here goes nothing, Colonel Tigh. I close my eyes, hesitantly relax my rear end, and immediately feel a warm burbling rise up between my legs, just like I sat down in a pool of sun-baked mud or bread dough. The sensation persists for what feels like an eternity--the duration of which I am entirely silent. When it ends--mercifully--I let out a soft sigh.

When I open my eyes, I realize something very strange: I have risen another inch or so and am now looking slightly downward at my date. It is the most shocking and beautiful thing I could ever conceive of.

They say, "When god closes a door, he opens a window." I don't believe in god, but if I did, I'd swear he was with me that day.

I always read this post all the way through every time. It is and always wll be a masterpiece

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Guancho posted:

The League is the best ever.

yobogoya

Al Borland posted:

holy poo poo I need to watch Father Ted right now.

I also enjoyed one foot in the grave and keeping up appearances.

father ted is formulaic/predictable as hell and has some really weird unsettling jokes in the middle of it all (father jack is honestly too gross to be funny in several episodes) but it is a good show overall. i like the one where they enter the eurovision song contest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

also father dougal being a dumbass is always funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Something similar mes. Wonder th ough what its like to be the au th or. To know that nothing you ever write will surpass that post. To know its all downhill. The keystrokea must turn to ashes at his touch

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Growing Pains. My sister made me watch that poo poo with her.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
My rear end stinks like poo poo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nathilus posted:

OK, how about "That's My Bush"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

newsradio owned

jimmy James (the man so nice they named him twice) might be Stephen root's best character

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

CannonFodder posted:

OK, how about "That's My Bush"

that is acceptably current and in keeping with the public zeitgeist.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

In case you guys didn't know they made a Girl Meets World heh

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

modern family actually has a laughtrack theyve just never had to use it

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Christoff posted:

In case you guys didn't know they made a Girl Meets World heh

Am I wrong or is "Boy meets world" the one where the lead child actor went thru puberty between seasons and went from a skinny nerd boy to a bulked man that towered over the bully of the show and would have handed him his rear end without breaking a sweat?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Sitcoms are almost universally bad but there are perhaps a few comedy dramas which are borderline sitcoms which are good.

But for worst I'd probably have to vote Big Bang Theory or Mrs Brown's Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Saved By The Bell was a good show. And Clarissa Explains It All. Think outside the box here people.

As far as the worst? Caroline In The City was pretty terrible.

• Locked thread