Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illestG
Oct 8, 2009

jello cubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Some times I love to go to Boston Market and get 2 or 3 dark meat half chickens and directly stuff them into my colon.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

JebanyPedal posted:

Boston Market has the distinction of being greasy and simultaneously dry as gently caress. The skin on their chickens and turkey is like some sort of bizarre gleaming oil rag, while the meat inside is tough and dry.

This is a really good description. Also its salty as heck imo.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you go to a decent prepared food place if you are going to do that poo poo.

we already established the better options

kfc
denny's
taco bell

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
i like their cornbread. that's about it op.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The reason no one talks about Boston Market is because any halfway decent grocery store deli has similar stuff now for a lot cheaper so Boston Market has no reason to exist.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BigBoss posted:

The reason no one talks about Boston Market is because any halfway decent grocery store deli has similar stuff now for a lot cheaper so Boston Market has no reason to exist.

yea seriously. There actually aren't really any BMs here since there are Whole Foods and Safeways a plenty that sell the same style food

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

BigBoss posted:

they taste like doodoo comparatively though

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Xaris posted:

yea seriously. There actually aren't really any BMs here since there are Whole Foods and Safeways a plenty that sell the same style food

lol BMs

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

boston market was a cop out when i was a kid. "we are going out to eat, yes, but..."

illestG posted:

jello cubes

this tho

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Because when I think "chicken" I think Boston. No, wait, that's loving stupid and I'm from Boston.

OP, live in a central american neighborhood sometime and you'll taste rotisserie chicken so good that it makes BM (HAH!) chicken taste like a sack of tumors.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i dont know about their meat but their mac& cheese is the best chain mac& cheese

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Copley Depot posted:

didn't realize they still existed

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

JebanyPedal posted:

The skin on their chickens and turkey is like some sort of bizarre gleaming oil rag, while the meat inside is tough and dry.

i'm no culinary expert but i think thats actually a sign that the chicken has been microwaved an is possibly days old

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The real question is not whether the food is acceptable, but whether Boston Market are secret homophobes or zionists or sweatshop owners.

Something that should make us feel guilty for supporting them

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i live in boston & the only time i can recall seeing a boston market is when i lived in michigan for a year or so

i ate there a couple of times because it had boston in the name and i missed home

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Copley Depot posted:

didn't realize they still existed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

FogHelmut posted:

"boston" is a good reason to not like it

This.

I lived in Boston proper for like, ever, and this always creeped me out. There's no Boston Market that sells chicken, people.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Boston style jello cubes

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

This.

I lived in Boston proper for like, ever, and this always creeped me out. There's no Boston Market that sells chicken, people.

how wrong you are. and hes on wheels.

also a generous dude. he gave me a turkey around thanksgiving once because he respected the fact that instead of working i was sitting @ the picnic table all day drinking bourbon and smoking cigarettes outside my office

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
He's not selling those chickens, is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
he sells poultry to a shitload of local restaurants/rotisseries & the back of that truck is a storage area and office for him. he has a dude that drives him around town while he chills in the back with chicken s

E: i forgot actually, one time at another job years prior he was actually a client of mine. he gave me a chicken man hat with 2 bobbling chickens attached to metal springs on the brim

• Locked thread