Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

gleep gloop posted:

Why the gently caress do we send foreign students to Utah of all places to learn English? Well I guess if you come to the US to study and don't speak English already you're either retarded or from some dirt country.

So that way the missionaries don't have to go to them duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
All this talk about homophones but nothing about homonyms . Pretty discriminatory if you ask me

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I shall write to Utah to tell them that :

Headphones are for giving head
Jack leads lead to jacking off
'No comeback' means not jizzing on your partner's back
Analitics is the politics of anal

they need to know

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
How poignant and ironic that the blog was meant to address the exact issue that caused the writer to be fired.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

gleep gloop posted:

Why the gently caress do we send foreign students to Utah of all places to learn English? Well I guess if you come to the US to study and don't speak English already you're either retarded or from some dirt country.

The amount of asian students taking basic english courses throughout my years in college always surprised me. Even up to the year I graduated there were asian students in my high level major courses that could not communicate anything more than a simple idea in english.

My first experience with this was one of the first weeks of my freshman year when a group of super hot asian girls came up to me and some friends and basically were trying to make us do their english homework for them, which consisted of a one page worksheet with questions like "What is something you would bring to a dinner gathering?" with enough room for a couple sentences for each answer.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

How poignant and ironic that the blog was meant to address the exact issue that caused the writer to be fired.

Except homophone isn't a homophone of homosexual. In Most of the US, the prefix "homo-" is pronounced differently for those words too. Homophone is pronounced ":haw:-mo" and homosexual is pronounced "Hoe-Moe."
[/:spergin:]

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Blart rhymes with fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Blart rhymes with fart