Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Cream_Filling posted:

i think back in th elike 80s or whatever subway used to actually make the dough from scratch and it was real bread. obviously things have kind of gone to poo poo since then.

Taco Bell used to make a lot of stuff fresh onsite back in the 70s and 80s too. Everything changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
If it makes you feel any better, as a True Seattleite (tm) we scoff at people who actually drink Starbucks, but the cups are great for concealing a few beers or an entire bottle of wine.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I had an actual starbucks prepared drink type drink today instead of their drip coffee.

I don't even want to be funny or dismissive towards starbucks regulars, just want to say, please do yourself a favor and think about your health if you drink that stuff every day. I felt like garbage all day long and had what felt like a brain freeze for a couple hours after drinking it. Black coffee doesn't take that long to get used to.

i get their iced peppermint mocha once a month or so on the way to work just to feel something

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

HEY VAPER posted:

If it makes you feel any better, as a True Seattleite (tm)
i didn't need to read anything beyond this post to know exactly what you were saying

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Obligatory Toast posted:

their basic roast sucks poo poo, so it's not hard to see why people prefer the sugar-blended fat drinks.

yeah they used to rotate through their various blends, but then, they used to do a lot of things better

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HEY VAPER posted:

If it makes you feel any better, as a True Seattleite (tm) we scoff at people who actually drink Starbucks, but the cups are great for concealing a few beers or an entire bottle of wine.

people just visit Starbucks to get the friendzone experience

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

HEY VAPER posted:

as a True Seattleite (tm) we scoff at people

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I eat Zeroes because I enjoy eating dirt.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Open your own goddamn coffee thread if you want to talk about coffee you loving retards

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Gaunab posted:

Open your own goddamn coffee thread if you want to talk about coffee you loving retards

i like coffee, what about you op

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Daedra posted:

i like coffee, what about you op

I'd like you to get the gently caress out and make your own coffee thread since you need to talk about it so badly

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
seem pretty hostile, why dont you have a nice cup of joe and chill out

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm taking my shirt off. Meet me in the subway parking lot

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
All this talk of coffee gets me thirsty

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i dont even know you and meeting you with your shirt off would be awkward

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I must not be a good goon because several pages of talk about sandwiches just doesn't interest me

Dec 26, 2012

the only good goon is a dead goon

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Juanito posted:

All this talk of coffee gets me thirsty

really? it just gets my bowels moving.

ironically, a place that serves better subs and coffee is in fact, wawa.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

01011001 posted:

the only good goon is a dead goon

maybe I can do that too

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Help an Australian understand this - if Subway is terrible, how bad is Arbys in comparison (they do roast meat subs and all that poo poo, right?).

Haven't been to Arbys yet. Been to most of your main fast food places and all bar Taco Bell I liked. Taco Bell was god awful.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Robbie Fowler posted:

Help an Australian understand this - if Subway is terrible, how bad is Arbys in comparison (they do roast meat subs and all that poo poo, right?).

Haven't been to Arbys yet. Been to most of your main fast food places and all bar Taco Bell I liked. Taco Bell was god awful.

Arby's isn't really comparable to Subway- they're more like a McDonald's or Burger King that has replaced all ground beef patties with sliced roast beef, and has curly fries instead of normal ones.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
arby's beef n cheddar w/ curly fries and arbys sauce is delicious but it's not exactly health food. subway is much better for day to day eating

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

someone dropped an arby's bomb up in this bitch!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Robbie Fowler posted:

all American fast food is terrible

all of it

some of us have latched on to some of it, others to others

but we will defend to the death our crap food of choice

that is the American way!

Dec 26, 2012

Saalkin posted:

someone dropped an arby's bomb up in this bitch!

thats what i drop afterwards in the rare event i eat arbys

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Name change to cold cut connoisseur pls

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

all of it

I like most of your fast food but. :(

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

01011001 posted:

thats what i drop afterwards in the rare event i eat arbys
Lol goons and their feeble digestive tracts

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
someone earlier mentioned panera/stl bread, here's the scoop: panera has ok stuff but costs a shitload. if you enjoy paying $15+ for a sandwich and a bowl of soup, well, have at it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Daedra posted:

starbucks sells milkshakes mixed with coffee pretty much

the original quip was it's dairy queen for english majors

Robbie Fowler posted:

their horseradish is called horsey sauce which is kinda funny

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 6, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Where else outside of San Fran can you get a 5 dollar footlong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

all of it

i will unironically fight you if you slander the original recipe.

• Locked thread