Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

james1844 posted:

Bro - that money is gone. Write it off if you want to keep your friendship.

probate for lame necro tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I lent a friend £1500 when we were both 21 and he paid it back promptly.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

goons always say you shouldnt expect to get money back from friends, seems wierd to me.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

gagelion posted:

He's owed it since February and I've been telling him I need it back. He keeps telling me he doesn't have it. But he keeps posting poo poo on Facebook that he shouldn't have before he pays me back. Like I dunno, a loving PS4 with 3 games that he didn't have a month ago. Like, am I being a dick about this or should I be steadily getting more agitated with this poo poo? He did this with a Wii U a couple of months back as well. I want to tell him to quit being a gently caress head and give me the money or one of the systems that he's gotten in the past few months that he should have used the money that he spent on them to pay me back, but then I run the risk of not getting my money back.

Dunno if you can read this, banned friend, but Judge Matthis arbitrated a case v. similar to urs, u might want to look him up

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I loaned $190 to my childhood friend for a plane ticket to Las Vega early this year of March. Our friends begged me to help pay for him and I felt bad because he lost his mother a few months prior, I didn't want to hold him back on enjoying life. I understood he got bills to pay and he not well off, but still it pisses me that I have to ask him to pay me back and he keeps prolonging it, meanwhile he goes out to Atlantic City and doing other shits as well. So far I got $50 from him. Comes January, I am getting the rest of the money back. He'll still be my friend, but I am not lending any more money to him and if his friends begs me to help pay for him, let them loving do it.

Meanwhile I borrowed $1400 from a friend of mine and I paid him $300 a month anyway irregardless of how broke I am. I sacrificed personal comfort to pay him back. He was nice enough to lend me money, ergo I should be nice enough to pay him back ASAP.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
how hard is it to convince a homeless crack addict to rape and stab? not hard at all.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
what did he told you he needed it for? or he didn't?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ropa posted:

what did he told you he needed it for? or he didn't?

i think getting an answer from the op is going to be difficult now

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hingehead posted:

I loaned $190 to my childhood friend for a plane ticket to Las Vega early this year of March. Our friends begged me to help pay for him and I felt bad because he lost his mother a few months prior, I didn't want to hold him back on enjoying life. I understood he got bills to pay and he not well off, but still it pisses me that I have to ask him to pay me back and he keeps prolonging it, meanwhile he goes out to Atlantic City and doing other shits as well. So far I got $50 from him. Comes January, I am getting the rest of the money back. He'll still be my friend, but I am not lending any more money to him and if his friends begs me to help pay for him, let them loving do it.

Meanwhile I borrowed $1400 from a friend of mine and I paid him $300 a month anyway irregardless of how broke I am. I sacrificed personal comfort to pay him back. He was nice enough to lend me money, ergo I should be nice enough to pay him back ASAP.

I feel like irregardless was used unironically, and that gives me a sad.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I made a thread a few months ago where I mentioned a close friend loaned me $3000 and I didn't even ask him. Everybody started saying how you should never loan money and I'd never pay him back

well assholes, I make regular payments of $503 on the same day each month :smug: I threw the $3 in for the interest he is losing

anybody who doesnt get their money back from a friend get better friends

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

I threw the $3 in for the interest he is losing

Can I have $3 since I lost interest in your worthless post?

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

you mean you had any to begin with?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

1gnoirents posted:

anybody who doesnt get their money back from a friend get better friends
Tots agreed, if you can't trust your friends with money then you probably shouldn't trust them about anything else.

Obviously you should never loan out money you can't afford to lose, but that there's this expectation that friends/family will just up and steal it baffles me because I've never dealt with people that lovely.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Ops not really banned. Lowtax just needed to borrow 10bux

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao at that ban reason. earnest mods just cant help thmeselves can they.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Now he's down $410

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

this is actually pretty good

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Whenever I have loaned someone money in the past, I always make sure to let them know that I take repayment "deadly serious". I only have had to gently caress someone up once.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

lmao at that ban reason. earnest mods just cant help thmeselves can they.

he was lifting e/n stories from somewhere and posting them like twice a day..you dont remember this do you

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

james1844 posted:

Bro - that money is gone. Write it off if you want to keep your friendship.

Thread necromancer I banish thee to pet island!!!!!

Mods pls

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

a posting ghost posted:

he was lifting e/n stories from somewhere and posting them like twice a day..you dont remember this do you

no but also how is that 'creepy'.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
it's ok to necro threads

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

no but also how is that 'creepy'.

just a catchall dogwhistle word for stupid people imo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

opus111 posted:

I lent a friend £1500 when we were both 21 and he paid it back promptly.
whereas if you loaned him real american bucks he wouldnt give that poo poo back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

How to get money back 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArcc_WduhE

• Locked thread