Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!

Ahundredbux posted:

lmao if you're a self-diagnosed anything tbh

I think the study was all about tearing down the most popular current "self-professed" paradigm.

LudwigVon Lugnuts fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Baronjutter posted:

Unless there is something really wrong with your poops I don't know why people do diets. Like some totally healthy yogamom getting all fussy about gluten or avoiding this or that. You're fine, shut up. I guess it's nice because they subsidize having more things my stupid retard tummy can enjoy.

yes there are a lot of health nuts who don't realize the only things that matter are watching what you eat, running, and lifting. they have the discipline to work out and control their diet, but not to keep their mind resistant to garbage info they read in articles and hear from their buddies. it borders on obsession with a lot of them, like fitness defines their identity and these are our ideological tenets. they think their fitness ideas can change the world and create a utopian society, it's like a religious fervor.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You serious? Its the new thing for people who are too lazy to be vegan but still want to be special.

if it were 2006 this might be true

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
BITCH

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656482

READ THE THREAD

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

I would love to join in on jerking off about how ridiculous gluten-free wimpos are, I actually don't remember the last time I ate a meal that didn't pass through a drive through window to get to me

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are you my roommate ghaz

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
i cut out all gluten and grains for a couple months as an experiment because i like loving around with my input/output functions.

my conclusion is that gluten by itself makes little difference, but that being on an overall low-carb diet free of grains causes me to be less hungry, sleep better, have a better energy level and not experience nearly as much bloating/gas/IBS-type stuff.

i gave it up because it was kind of a pain in the rear end.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Basically, the issue isn't gluten in wheat but the fructan, a lot of people with "gluten sensitivity" probably have a fructose malabsorption issue and probably should stay not just away from wheat, but dairy products and certain vegetables like onions and garlic.

That said, I think most people who hate the idea of gluten free, probably would really hate the idea of FODMAP diet because it is even more restrictive than a gluten-free diet and hippies/liberals/moms would keep on buying wheat free bread to treat their FODMAP issue. Unfortunately, there seems to be a large amount of evidence that fructose malabsorption exists.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 15, 2014

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i'm medically diagnosed lactose intolerant but i still eat dairy because i'm not a pussy

lactose intolerance is barely even a thing. without looking into the issue any further or doing any research, i'll assume "gluten sensitivity" is similar and everyone who "has" it should just suck it up

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

look at this dweeb afraid of a little diarrhea

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Mulefisk posted:

cutting out beer and cheap white sandwich bread and replacing it with fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel better

i must be allergic to gluten!

yeah surely it wasn't the 6 beers a day loving up my guts and making me feel sluggish

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The-Mole posted:

yeah surely it wasn't the 6 beers a day loving up my guts and making me feel sluggish

Yeah he might have just had IBS after all.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Hey everyone! 1989 has been a great year for me! I cut the fat from my diet, replacing it with rich, slow burning carbs, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a low-fat diet, yessir!

Hey everyone! 2000 has been a great year for me! I cut the carbs from my diet, replacing them with rich, slow burning proteins and fats, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a high-protein diet, yessir!

Hey everyone! 2008 has been a great year for me! I cut the gluten from my diet, replacing it with gluten-free starches, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a gluten-free diet, yessir!

not snarky
Jul 29, 2008
apparently if you eat food in moderation and stay active you die slower. who the gently caress wants that??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hey everyone! 1989 has been a great year for me! I cut the fat from my diet, replacing it with rich, slow burning carbs, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a low-fat diet, yessir!

Hey everyone! 2000 has been a great year for me! I cut the carbs from my diet, replacing them with rich, slow burning proteins and fats, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a high-protein diet, yessir!

Hey everyone! 2008 has been a great year for me! I cut the gluten from my diet, replacing it with gluten-free starches, and plenty of fruits and veggies! That plus a little calorie counting, and I feel great! I look great too! We've found the answer to healthy living with a gluten-free diet, yessir!

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
My cousin had a meltdown at thanksgiving because some food had onions. She read on facebook that all onions were carrying the 1918 spanish flu inside of them

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Emanuel Collective posted:

My cousin had a meltdown at thanksgiving because some food had onions. She read on facebook that all onions were carrying the 1918 spanish flu inside of them

i am going to find them and beat them senseless with a virology textbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

theperminator posted:

Yeah but they're French, and therefore genetically predisposed to fold

No wonder they're so worried about prions.

• Locked thread