Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
So you've laughed at all the shenanigans in The TG Industry Thread done the math in the TG Design Thread and then actually took the advice in the Game Writing Thread and finished your amazing better than D&D Cyber-Steam-Fantasy-Sci-Fi-Cthulhu-Anime-Punk project. Now what the hell do you do? How do you transform your volumes of hand scribbled notes and sketchy stick figure diagrams into an actual book or PDF? Well I’m going to tell you.

Your first option is to shop it around to publishers in the hope that they’ll do all the hard work for you, good luck with that.

Your second option is to grab destiny by the short and curlys and publish that bitch yourself. Now you’re not just a game designer but also an entrepreneur! That will show your mom that all the time you spent rolling dice wasn’t wasted.

Fortunately for you, we live in a time when publishing your own crazy rantings is easier than ever. PDFs can be created for next to nothing, Print On Demand lets you print physical books in small runs, and the web lets you reach fans around the world with just the press of a button.
This thread will help consolidate info about actually getting your awesome traditional game projects into real honest to goodness people’s hands. It may also chronicle my own victories and defeats in self publishing.

General Advice
  • Just do it. Really, there is nothing stopping you from creating the game of your dreams, all the tools are readily available.
  • Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. poo poo happens, you printer might go out of business, or your artist might get hit by a bus. If you commit your own money to a project realize that there is always a chance that it might be gone forever.
  • Don't commit to anything unless you know you can deliver it. Too many amateurs promise the sky and then shoot themselves in the foot by failing to deliver. Under promise and over-deliver.

Disclaimer - I am not an expert at self publishing, I’m in the middle of my first project and I've done a lot of research, but have not put everything into practice yet. Do your own research to verify anything you read here. If you have additional information you’d like added to the OP please let me know.

Writing and Editing Your Masterpiece

Really, if you haven’t already go to the Game Writing Thread and read what’s there. Lots of people who know more than me have posted good info there.
The hardest part of writing a game project is finishing, just sit down and put all your thoughts onto paper, then go back and re-write it all, then repeat until you hate yourself and this hobby, then you’re done. This is already fun!

Word Processing Software - In case you’re new to this whole computers thing, here’s some suggestions for word processing software:
  • Microsoft Office - The old standard for putting your brainwords on the page. If you've got it, use it, but you certainly don’t need it. In my opinion collaboration with Office has always been sketchy but it should be fine if you’re working alone.
  • Google Docs - This is what I use to write with, it has a lot of advantages, it will work on any machine with a web browser. It automatically backs everything up to the cloud and makes it available to you wherever you can log in. It’s great for collaborating, supports multiple users, update notifications and commenting. The only problem I've ever had is that it doesn't seamlessly export to layout programs like InDesign.
  • Open Office - Just like MS Office this is more than enough to write your project.
  • Notepad - Seriously you can use anything to write this stuff, notepad is the ultimate in no-frills low overhead word processing.

Once you’ve got your words into a readable format, get yourself an editor. Lots of people think they can get away with doing all their own editing, they’re wrong. First it’s impossible to separate yourself from your work enough to be properly critical of it, and second a good editor does more than just correct typos and grammar, a good editor will help make your writing voice more consistent and smooth, they’ll make things more concise and improve clarity. Find yourself an editor, even if it’s just a friend or family member who can proofread your manuscript it will improve your project.
If you want to pay a professional editor, check goonmart, there’s at least one professional editor there that comes highly recommended.

Giving and Receiving Good Art

No matter how good your writing is, art will sell your game better than anything else. Good art will tell a potential player more about your game in an instant than a page of text ever will. You want art, but how do you get it, you might be tempted to just google image search “bitchin art” and start downloading, DO NOT DO THIS, not only does it make you a huge rear end in a top hat but it sets you up for C&D letters and possible lawsuits. Here’s a few real options for acquiring game art:

Be an artist or partner with one. This is probably the best option for a fledgling game designer, if you are, or can find, a good prolific artist who is into your project and wants to help in exchange for a piece of the action, offer them cookies and sign them up. your project will benefit the most from having someone who can create illustrations as you work on it.

Hire an artist. Commissioning art is a topic that I’ll discuss at length later, but basically find an artist that does work you like and throw some money at them to make art for your project, When you do this make sure you have a contract in place that states ownership of the art and the associated IP.

Where do you find artists? Well there are a lot of places:
  • Creative Commons and GoonMart - There are many goon artists out there, some of them are amazing. Give them your money.
  • RPG.Net Freelance Forum - a lot of RPG artists post their portfolios here.
  • CGsociety and Conceptart.org two of the bigger art communities on the web.
  • Deviant Art - If you’re willing to wade through sea of bronie-fetish illustrations you can find some amazing artists on DA. Of course most of them haven’t updated their profile in 3 years so getting in touch with them can require a bit of stalkingresearch.

Use Free Art. There are a lot of sources for free, public domain and Creative Commons art out there.
Public Domain art is art that has no copyright and can be used freely by anyone for any purpose. Most often this art is old and has a lapsed copyright, but sometimes it’s current and for whatever reason is not copyright.
Creative Commons art is art that is licensed under a version of the Creative Commons Copyright. CC allows creators to share their work with others and dictate exactly how it can and can not be used. When using Creative Commons art, be sure to read the the specific CC terms that it is being offered with, some CC licenses have specific terms and requirements that you should be aware of.

Here are just a few sources for public domain art:

Wikipedia Wikipedia maintains a page of Public Domain Art. There’s also a wiki page on sources for Public Domain art.
National Gallery of Art - National Gallery has provided us a repository of Public Domain art images.
Totally Free Images Here’s an interesting thing, the US Government is not allowed to copyright anything they create. This site is an archive of public domain images from government sources.
The British Library - The British Library has provided a Flickr repository of Public Domain art.
Project Gutenburg - a repository of free books, many with illustrations

Layout and Design

Ok, you’ve got your words and you’ve got your art, now you need to put it all together. Layout artists charge a lot of their time, and laying out entire books is very time consuming. Lucky for you we’re in not in the 20th century anymore, anyone can get the tools and knowledge to layout a book quickly online. Get yourself some desktop publishing software, take some time to learn to use the basic features and import your text and get to work.

General Layout and Design tips:
  • Include a good table of contents and an index. Game books are also reference books, make it easy for people to find what they’re looking for.If you’re making a PDF, use the bookmark functionality.
  • If you’re not going to print your book, consider laying it out in landscape orientation (wider than tall) most computer monitors are in landscape format so it’s easier to read a whole page if it’s in the same orientation.
  • Your body text should be 10-12 point type, typically in a serif typeface. Georgia, Times, or Minion are commonly available serif fonts that work well in almost all cases. This creates a comfortable reading experience for blocks of text.
  • Two column layouts are most common in game books, they save space, and are easy to read. If you’re printing a smaller format book, single column might be preferable.

Layout and Design Software
  • InDesign - The industry standard from Adobe, this is what I use, and I barely scratch the surface of it’s capabilities. Can be used to create PDFs for ebooks, or for sending to a printer. If you have a project that can’t be completed with InDesign then you are beyond my help.
  • Adobe Acrobat - For creating PDFs out of existing documents.
  • Pagemaker and Quark - Before the reign of InDesign, Pagemaker and Quark were the industry standard software packages for desktop publishing. If you have either, use it.
  • Scribus - I haven’t used it, but I know that a lot of people do, it’s probably the best free alternative to InDesign.
  • Microsoft Publisher - Um Yeah, if you’ve got it already I guess. It’s really more for school newsletters and garage sale signs.

It’s Business Time
Remember at the top of this wall of text where I said you were now an entrepreneur, well now you’ve got to act like one. You need to take this seriously, mismanagement of your operation can not only cost you money, it can kill your fanbase and even open you up to lawsuits. If you haven’t already go read the TG industry thread to see plenty of examples of poorly run companies, and the many creative ways they have found to gently caress things up.

Incorporating
Do you need to incorporate? Probably not. I did, but that’s because I had a partner and we both wanted to avoid liability. If you’re just one guy publishing Dungeon World classes it’s going to be more money and hassle than it’s really worth. If you do decide you want to incorporate, there are plenty of online resources that will help you do it.

Budgeting
You need a budget, you need a good budget, and you need to stick to it. The number one source of problems delivering products is a lack of proper budgeting. Figure out how much money you can afford to pay for things, write it all down and set your expectations appropriately. If you only have $100 to pay for art, then don’t expect to get Todd Lockwood to paint your cover. Before committing to anything get a quote for production, get a quote for shipping, calculate taxes and any other additional costs, and then add 5-10% to the expected cost to cover any unforeseen complications.

Trademarks and copyrights
I’m not a lawyer, and if there’s one reading this that wants to correct me please do so, but this is my understanding of Copyright and Trademarks as they apply to self publishing games.
Copyrights are there to protect you the creator from being ripped off. They allow you to defend your ownership of original creative work.
Trademarks are there to protect consumers from being ripped off. They assure a purchaser that they are getting a genuine product from the trademark holder (or authorized partner) and not some cheap knock-off.

Do I need to register a copyright of my game?
Not really. Since 1989 every piece of creative work in the United States (and most every other country) is automatically copyright when it is created. As long as it is completely original work you don’t have to do anything to claim these rights. Including a copyright notice in the document is always a good idea but no longer required. If you want to be 100% guaranteed of successfully defending your copyright if it is challenged then go ahead and pay the fee and register with the government, but it’s really not worth the money.

Should I trademark my game name?
Yes, but it’s not something you need to do immediately, once your game has successfully sold and you’ve got people playing it, consider a trademark to protect yourself and your fans.

Printing and Distributing

Ok here’s what you’ve been waiting for, you’ve got your product written and designed, your cousin drew a cool unicorn for the cover, now all you got to do is get it printed, but Kinkos isn’t going to cut it, you need a real printer.
  • Offset Printing - If you’re printing a lot of books this is the way to go.Offset printing uses a big fancy press with plates and rollers and lots of moving parts. The price of offset printing is front loaded, almost the entire cost is wrapped up in the setup, once that’s covered printing more books is an almost trivial additional cost. Costs for offset printing have dropped dramatically in recent years but they’re still only affordable if you’re printing hundreds of books.
  • Print on Demand - This is a new alternative to Offset printing, basically it’s a much larger version of a desktop laser printer. The cost per unit is the same if you’re printing one book or a thousand. If you’re only printing a couple hundred books this is usually the most cost effective way to do it. One big advantage to POD is that you can have books printed overseas and delivered direct to local customers, this can drastically cut your international shipping costs.
  • Online Digital Distribution - If you’re offering ebooks as PDFs, then you have a few options, you can offer them on your own website or you can offer them through one or more online stores, even through Amazon.

Printers and distributors
  • Drive Thru RPG - DTRPG is the primary distributor of RPG ebooks. They have a slick website and are used by a lot of the biggest names in the business. Selling through them is pretty straightforward, they take a 20-25% cut off the top of the purchase price of your PDF. DTRPG can also do Print on Demand Services and sell them through their webstore.
  • Indie Press Revolution - Another distributor of RPG PDFs. I haven’t worked with them but a lot of popular games do. If anyone has info about their payment rates please let me know.
  • Lulu.com - Lulu is a print on demand service, they’re really more for vanity publishing and probably not a good choice for producing more than a few books.
  • Lightning Source - As I understand it DTRPG does it’s POD printing through Lightning Source, if you’re not distributing through DTRPG you might as well cut out the middleman.

Kickstarter
If you haven't heard Crowd-sourcing is the new hotness in financing TG projects, everyone is making millions of dollars via kickstarter.
Go read the TG Kickstarter thread. There’s a lot of good info in there, I’ll try to summarize it here.

Some things to remember about Kickstarter.
  • Kickstarter takes 5% off the top of your final funding. Make sure to account for this in your budgeting.
  • Amazon also takes 2-3% in transaction fees. Make sure to account for this in your budgeting.
  • 30 day kickstarters are best. Most your money will be raised in the first week and in the last week, minimizing the time between them will maximize your return.
  • Keep your pledge levels as simple as possible, too many levels, crazy structures or confusing descriptions will turn people away.

Promotion -Twitbooks and Face+
Create a facebook page and a twitter account, find reasons to post on both of them as often as you can. You will be surprised how many people reach you through social media.

OTHER RESOURCES
Stonemaiergames Just about everything you could ever want to know about kickstarting a game.

This post is a work in progress, if anyone has anything to add please let me know.

Bucnasti fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Spirit of 77: a case study.

This space reserved for stories about my hilarious attempts to self publish my first game.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Excellent OP, thanks Bucnasti! As someone who is working on his own RPG thing, this is incredibly helpful. Hopefully some people who have gone through the process can chime in on their own experiences as well.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spincut posted:

Excellent OP, thanks Bucnasti! As someone who is working on his own RPG thing, this is incredibly helpful. Hopefully some people who have gone through the process can chime in on their own experiences as well.

I'm planning on doing a PDF product (compendium class compilation) in the next month or so, and with little or no money. What's the consensus on offering subcontractors (artists and editors) a percentage of revenue up to their full fee, with a small advance to make sure they get something ? Would that even be worth suggesting ?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

mllaneza posted:

I'm planning on doing a PDF product (compendium class compilation) in the next month or so, and with little or no money. What's the consensus on offering subcontractors (artists and editors) a percentage of revenue up to their full fee, with a small advance to make sure they get something ? Would that even be worth suggesting ?

Not likely. If you personally know an artist that might be an option, but I doubt you're going to be able to find any decent artists that will work commission for maybe getting paid their rate. That said, you can find some pretty good commission artists out there who work for extremely reasonable rates. We used Jason Rainville for some art for one of our products and were extremely happy with the results. I don't remember the exact price but I was amazed at how low the price was. For the record it was a full-color, high-PPI, full-body character art, like Paizo's iconic characters. I'll see if I can find the image. EDIT: It isn't on his page and I don't see it in my GMail, so I must not have gotten an actual copy of the final art.

Anyway, if you can't afford to pay reasonable fees, you probably should reconsider publishing for money. You're unlikely to make a profit. The old adage, "To make a small fortune in indie RPGs, start with a large one" is absolutely true.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 5, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
As the person who kinda sorta vaguely set the ball rolling on this thread, something I'd like to see is an in-depth explanation of the OGL and Creative Commons licensing. What does the OGL do and how does it work? Should you make your game OGL? Or Creative Commons? What do the various types of CC licenses do? If a system is under the OGL how do I go about using it for my own game?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
So I want to take something I've got written up on Google Docs and turn it into a nice, pretty pdf. What are some good introductions to InDesign?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Fred Hicks (of Fate Core fame) just posted his Pinterest board of Kickstarter resources. There are currently 37 pins, ranging from how to plan Kickstarters, how to budget, success (and failure) stories, how to pitch something in a video quickly...I need to take a weekend soon to read through all of this. Thought you all would be interested.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Bigup DJ posted:

So I want to take something I've got written up on Google Docs and turn it into a nice, pretty pdf. What are some good introductions to InDesign?

Tasty Tuts' Adobe InDesign Tutorial.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

As the person who kinda sorta vaguely set the ball rolling on this thread, something I'd like to see is an in-depth explanation of the OGL and Creative Commons licensing. What does the OGL do and how does it work? Should you make your game OGL? Or Creative Commons? What do the various types of CC licenses do? If a system is under the OGL how do I go about using it for my own game?

I have a broad understanding of Creative Commons, somewhere I found a webpage that explained it all really well, I'll see if I can dig it up.

OGL is a blind spot for me, if anyone else has more insight and wants to post about it that would be grand.

When I have time, I'll put together some effort posts about commissioning art and graphic design, two things I actually do know a lot about.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I've done work for multiple books which used the OGL, but I'm a designer, not an editor. I know the things I can't do as a designer within the OGL and the Pathfinder Compatibility License, but I don't know for sure that I could tell you which causes which restrictions.

The thing that tripped me up with the PCL is that you can't reference page numbers. It made sense once it was explained to me (page numbers can change between editions of a book) but I never even considered that it would be verboten.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
My RPG, Base Raiders, is OGL, because I used Strange Fate from Kerberos Club. I just copied the OGL license from Keberos, read through it and made appropriate changes. Main thing for OGL games is you have to identify what is open game content and what is product identity, which you do in the license. Open Game Content is what other people can reuse (if they reprint and use the same license) and product identity is protected material which is not usable without permission of the copyright holder.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Filming a Kickstarter video

So we filmed our Kickstarter video, and I learned quite a bit.

Do's
  • Keep it simple. Don't go crazy elaborate (like we did).
    [*}Get a lot of friends to help. Feed them. It's unbelievable how much work friends will do for a free lunch and a couple of beers.
  • Thoroughly plan out everything you can. Make a timetable, shooting script, cue cards etc. The more you prep ahead of time the more time you'll save when shooting
  • Plan for it to take longer than you expect. It takes about 1 hour to get 30 seconds of usable footage.
  • Get good audio. Bad audio ruins pretty pictures.
  • Plan for problems. Something will go wrong at the last minute, one of our actors had to bail for a new job, we had to find a replacement with about 8 hours notice.
  • Take plenty of stills.
  • Remember you can fix stuff in post. Clever editing can cover up a lot of problems.
  • Stay hydrated.

Don't
  • Film in August, in Southern California, while wearing black wool suits. Seriously, don't do that.
  • Wear uncomfortable shoes.
  • Expect perfection.

We might be sweating like pigs, but at least we looked good doing it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Bucnasti posted:

Filming a Kickstarter video

Another Don't

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

If you form up say an LLC or something while making a product, can you get tax deductions on what you commission for art or an editor?

I know this is probably the wrong way to ask this, but anything to lessen the financial burden of producing a game (even if not immediate) could be super helpful.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Any suggestions on recruiting playtesters? Right now I've got a handful of mostly completed games, but I've been stalled on moving forward since the artist (and my wife) has been more or less crippled by medical issues. While we're trying to recover from that I've had ample opportunity to write and rewrite the rules but I'd really like to get some actual playtesting done. My personal gaming group is has a very unreliable schedule and when we do manage to game we've got an ongoing campaign. I've got a weird schedule (working nights) and minimal spare time which prevents me from seeking out any additional gaming group. But I haven't found any good way to get reliable playtesters who'll actually play the game and provide feedback.

Any suggestions?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Brock Samsonite posted:

If you form up say an LLC or something while making a product, can you get tax deductions on what you commission for art or an editor?

I know this is probably the wrong way to ask this, but anything to lessen the financial burden of producing a game (even if not immediate) could be super helpful.

Yes you can deduct pretty much any expenses from your taxes, and you don't have to form an LLC to do it.
As I'm finding out, you can make a lot of deductions if you're publishing your own games, you can write-off purchases of game materials as research, if you're working from home you can write off a portion of your rent as your home office.
Some things can't be written off right away though, for instance printing costs can't be written off until products have been delivered.

Talk to a tax professional, find out exactly what you can write off and when you can do it.

oriongates posted:

Any suggestions on recruiting playtesters? Right now I've got a handful of mostly completed games, but I've been stalled on moving forward since the artist (and my wife) has been more or less crippled by medical issues. While we're trying to recover from that I've had ample opportunity to write and rewrite the rules but I'd really like to get some actual playtesting done. My personal gaming group is has a very unreliable schedule and when we do manage to game we've got an ongoing campaign. I've got a weird schedule (working nights) and minimal spare time which prevents me from seeking out any additional gaming group. But I haven't found any good way to get reliable playtesters who'll actually play the game and provide feedback.

Any suggestions?

I also work nights on a weird schedule so I fell your pain in getting time to run playtests.

In general just politely ask everyone you can, don't be pushy, just send out requests and somebody will respond.

I've done a lot of playtesting with friends/family and co-workers. If you're excited about your project people around you will get excited about it as well. Even people who don't normally game will help you if you ask nicely and are enthused about your project. People who don't normally game are great testers, they'll often show you problems that experienced players will gloss over. One of my co-workers loved the game so much he and his roommate (who never played RPGs before) have been running their own mini-campaign for a couple months now.

Posting here on the forums has been fruitful for me and for other game designers, I've put together a pbp game and a couple of online Roll20 games through SA. This forum is full of people who are eager to try new games.

Asking for volunteer playtesters on G+ got us a group of regular AW players in another state to try our game out and give us a ton of feedback.

We regularly run playtest games at a local game store, one time a friend of ours press ganged a couple random people at the store to play it with him. :)

We also run games at a local game convention, most events will give free passes to people running games.

If your game is mostly finished, or if you have a demo package there are tons of podcasts that do lets play. Just write up a polite letter offering your game and see who is interested.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

So I've been working on an RPG project for a while now, and I'm at the stage where I'm gathering together some art assets (just got my first commissioned piece via e-mail this morning, very exciting) and I've tentatively found someone who's agreed to do the layout at least for the earlier stages of the project. Now I'm looking to find an artist to design some trade dress - a cover template, borders, and sidebar boxes. Does anyone have any advice on where I should be looking and/or what I should expect? Or how I should communicate what I'm looking for, for that matter?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I've got a half written post/article about commissioning art that goes into a lot of nitty gritty details, but I won't have time to finish it for a while.

Till then here is some specific info for you Flastaff.

Layout can be really expensive, and it's completely unnecessary until you're ready to publish your final project, for playtests and demo's you can just put everything into a PDF with no images and people will be fine with that. I do my own layout, so my playtests and demos look a lot more complete then they need to. A friend of mine sends out all his playtest docs as just word docs right from his working drafts and nobody complains.

For Trade Dress, my first suggestion would be to go to SA-Mart or the Work for Hire thread in Creative Convention, there are a lot of good goon artists looking for work and they're usually pretty reasonably priced.
Another option is Deviant Art. It's a lot more work on your end because you have to weed out all the garbage submissions but a post in Job Offers forum will get you a ton of responses, some of which will be good, and occasionally something amazing.

For your solicitations at the very minimum include this information:

- How many pieces you need.
- How big, what resolution, how many colors each piece will require.
- Your deadline for completing the project
- Your budget for the project, if you're flexible on the price you can state that it's negotiable, but still state a minimum price you're willing to pay for the whole project.
- How you will be paying for the project (Paypall, check, etc)

Once you've found an artist you like who's able to fulfill your request work out all the details with them ahead of time, make sure it's crystal clear what everyone's expectations are at the start so there's no dispute at the end. If you want one I can find the template contract I use for my artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I'll probably post to SA Mart for my needs, like you suggest.

A template contract would potentially be incredibly useful, if you feel like digging it up. (Very generous of you to offer, incidentally.) So far everyone I've been dealing with is comfortable without a contract as long as I'm able to make it clear what I'm looking for and what I'm offering in exchange, but I expect sooner or later I'm going to need to start dealing with contracts as the project progresses.

• Locked thread