Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worse presidents
bush 1 or 2
reagan
clinton
carter
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

he is a bad president and tortured some folks imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

just fyi i voted clinton

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
"Tortured some folks" would have actually been awesome if Biden had said it. But Obama did, and I hate him for it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
He's a great President - ended the Iraq and Afghani wars. Ended torture. Ended black renditions.

He's a total hippy President, worthy of his Nobel prize.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Ross Perot 2016

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
nobel peace prize recipient

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

shouldnt obama have prosecuted ppl who literally tortured ppl, under international law and general decency

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
impeach him for speaking like a total nerd tho

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

THS posted:

just fyi i voted clinton
clinton is the best on that list you idiot

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Whirlwind Jones posted:

clinton is the best on that list you idiot

nah. if NAFTA had happened under a republican president lmao

neoliberals are how the nation moves to the right

centrist, reasonable, retarded

the tony blair of america

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

THS posted:

shouldnt obama have prosecuted ppl who literally tortured ppl, under international law and general decency

Those folks knew that they did wrong and probably feel really bad about it. Isn't that enough?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If he had said "we tortured some people", it would have had an air of contrition and actual remorse to it. But to say "we tortured some folks" keeps it in the political buzzword mill of false levity and conveys a refusal to take responsibility for ethical missteps in any meaningful way. As in, they'd do it again if they had a reason and a venue. Obama got rid of all the wars, so now we can look ethical by default.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

who is your favorite black president?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i am not a crock

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

everything i know about american politics i learned through reading mad magazine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ObamaCaresHugSquad posted:

If he had said "we tortured some people", it would have had an air of contrition and actual remorse to it. But to say "we tortured some folks" keeps it in the political buzzword mill of false levity and conveys a refusal to take responsibility for ethical missteps in any meaningful way. As in, they'd do it again if they had a reason and a venue. Obama got rid of all the wars, so now we can look ethical by default.

Actually things like leaving Iraq were due to Iraq not wanting to sign the status of forces agreement. Basically it gives US soldiers judicial immunity for any crimes they commit on iraqi soil.

The iraqi government helped Obama live up to at least one campaign trail promise.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Well I know how I voted.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Carter was the worst because of him losing in 1980 the democrats have been moving farther and farther right chasing after the republicans not realizing that the republicans orchestrated the Iran Hostage Crisis gently caress YOU REAGAN

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

Actually things like leaving Iraq were due to Iraq not wanting to sign the status of forces agreement. Basically it gives US soldiers judicial immunity for any crimes they commit on iraqi soil.

The iraqi government helped Obama live up to at least one campaign trail promise.

Well they were going to leave like 10-30k, instead they left like 450 to just guard the embassy after negotiations went south. Look how that all worked out for everyone. Now Baghdad is a city-state.

But either way, there was going to be a significant pull-out, probably even if McCain won. It's hard to accomplish a mission if the mission is "drive around indefinitely and try not to get blown up". And everyone probably realized that by 2009. But I don't believe the different parties actually want different things (especially when it comes to da wars), so maybe I'm just cynical.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
its nice to have a fuckable president for once. i mean i would have hosed bush but only in his younger years. Free Palestine.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

9goats dead posted:

its nice to have a fuckable president for once. i mean i would have hosed bush but only in his younger years. Free Palestine.

I'll bet Michelle whips his rear end wearing leather

What a bad president you are aren't you

Yes my approval ratings are down

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

who is your favorite black president?

david palmer

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Kelfeftaf posted:

"Tortured some folks" would have actually been awesome if Biden had said it. But Obama did, and I hate him for it.

More awesome still if bush had said it over a hip hop beat

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
black omaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
They are all bad.

• Locked thread