Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So I used to play this game called Eve Online a while back and it was pretty cool. I doubt most of you guys have ever heard of it. Its not really well known. If anyone wants to form a corp (guild) or alliance (lots of crops) that's cool.

Here's a pic I took when I started. It's so pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Op is a j4g im gay

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
idk what that means. Do you wanna join my guild?

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
it's really funny when goons get people to post threads asking to join their guild or whatever. it's like that's now what you're supposed to you newb!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I am a recruiter for goonswarm, contact me privately about joining!

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
im gay for pay

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
i want to join, how much is it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Guancho posted:

im gay for pay

me 2

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
actually no im gay anyway without pay

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I am a recruiter for goonswarm, contact me privately about joining!

Don't do it, you gotta get jumped in to goonswarm. They gonna beat you up.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Now make a joke about that guys shoddy house

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
this is the OFFICAL thread guys. Lets talk about eve online now. So how doyou guys like mining.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
eve online: the only game where hearing someone tell stories about it is more fun than actually playing it yourself

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So our story begins with a newly formed Alliance, only about a month old. It is industrial focused so there was very little combat going around. Things were simple. Wormholes, capital production, and many mining operations. Two of our members (we will call them Bob and Lee) created a bank for our Alliance to invest in. There was a good amount of interest so many of our member put their money in without question. Then one day, the war declarations began.

They came out of nowhere. Three different Alliances declared war on us. It was assumed that we were just picked as an easy target. We fended them off until the war was invalidated. We assumed the worst was over until more and more war declarations came in. While preparing for the most recent, we get a mail from Bob. He announced that our Corporation/Alliance had been infiltrated by himself and others in hopes of making easy cash. Turns out he did. He stole 40 billion isk invested in the bank from all of the Alliance members. He had also been the one hiring mercenary corporations to declare war on us.

So now we are being threatened by him to give him more isk or else he will hire more mercenary corporations until our Alliance is disbanded. For obvious reasons, we are not giving into his demands. Now we just have to pick up the pieces and fend off these mercs.

TL;DR A member of an Alliance stole 40 bil. Be careful out there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like you're not very good at that game. Maybe you should try Shovel Knight?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

someone post remdick

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like you're not very good at that game. Maybe you should try Shovel Knight?

i sololed oniXIA STFU NOOB

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

also, though this is only tangentially related to eve, it makes me so happy that the top google result for "GIJoeDirtbag" is GI Joe Dirtbag: Rapist

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Loden Taylor posted:

someone post remdick

this and post any other remedial drama yall can find. everything about him was hilarious

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all I did for months was margin trade in jita

i have billions but I'm also burned out on the game. too bad piracy is dead, i miss small engagements in random parts of space. huge fleet warfare is meh for me and I can spend hours jumping through low security systems looking for someone to kill without finding anyone

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

i have billions but I'm also burned out on the game. too bad piracy is dead, i miss small engagements in random parts of space. huge fleet warfare is meh for me and I can spend hours jumping through low security systems looking for someone to kill without finding anyone

can I have you money?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how do you win

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Moridin920 posted:

you can still pirate in w-space but it's a total crapshoot and you're more likely to get 50000 angry russians dropped on you than anything

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
if anyone wants to join ops guild send me 500 mill iskies and we'll make it happen

E: hee hee, guild

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
eve is a bad game dont play it take it from me a known spaceman

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

deadtear posted:

eve is a bad game dont play it take it from me a known spaceman

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

sluggo is mad posted:

if anyone wants to join ops guild send me 500 mill iskies and we'll make it happen

thats a lot of money can I seend 5k? i need help earning isk

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

how do you win

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Is this one of those super mario games?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

eve online offical new beta screenshot

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

tranime scholar posted:

this and post any other remedial drama yall can find. everything about him was hilarious

post that guy from his practice with the sweet beard too

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
looks like a bad star citizen ripoff imo

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

can you tell me more about the ships please, what is your favorite ship

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Otacon posted:

can you tell me more about the ships please, what is your favorite ship

i like the drake becuase of missles

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I used to like 3-4x heavy nosferatu instead of weapons to power my double armor rep tank while drones killed things but now I feel like drones do poo poo for damage plus the nosferatu thing doesn't work anymore (used to just drain them to 0 and keep them there).

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Over There posted:

i like the drake becuase of missles

pretty sure he just calls them his guns

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Otacon posted:

pretty sure he just calls them his guns

im ggay now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I went to goon space and got killed in one shot, I thought my gallente ship was fitted to tank.

• Locked thread