Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

EbolaIvory posted:

We had one of those in the mall too! It was awesome.

We also had a full rental place that "RENTED" pc games. They sent you home with a copy of the game manual and everything. That turned out well.

gently caress you Dune 2 and your manual based copy protection!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boinks posted:

At least you can get 4 bucks back for your game at Gamestop, most gamers are idiots and spend 60 bucks on a worthless digital download.
i hate to break it to you but if the money you're getting for the used game is less than what you paid for the game, you're actually left with less money than you would've had after waiting for a good digital sale

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Fetus Tree posted:

ew how old are you

35. It was mostly PC games too. About 20% of the store was PSX & N64 games, the rest was big box PC games. Those were the good old days. Now who wants to play some Riven? It's only 5 cd-roms!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i put riven on a micro sd card the other day

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I walked into a gamestop a few months back to buy some used game. Stood in line for 20minutes, finally bought the thing, and left.

5 hours later at home there's this massive rash on my leg that looks a lot like a loving staph infection.

Just don't ever go into a gamestop

Staphylococcus now available at every gamestop nationwide because no one ever cleans the floors or wipes down anything ever.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
they are usually pretty disgusting

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

its always like 80 degrees in every gamestop i've ever been to

surely they would want the air conditioning on full blast to prevent their stanky clientele from sweatin up and gettin more stanky

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i occasionally go to gamestop because i've got some free time that day and want to get a new console game to play immediately

amazon delivers fast but not that fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

some people deal with gamestop because games publishers are loving scumbags and sell features so people will still deign waste time in their glorified pawn shops.

• Locked thread