Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Being ashamed of farting in society has been a problem for at least centuries

quote:

An Amusing Tale Regarding The 17th Earl of Oxford

"This Earle of Oxford, making of his low obeisance to Queen Elizabeth, happened to let a Fart, at which he was so abashed and ashamed that he went to Travell [for] 7 yeares. On his returne the Queen welcomed him home, and sayd, My Lord, I had forgott the Fart." - From John Aubrey’s Brief Lives (1693).

My own fart shame story was when I was in hospital in 2008, and the meds combined with my diet made me fart loudly and stinkily roughly every 20 minutes. In hospital with nurses and patients it's not so embarrassing because people have poo poo wrong with them, but when I came home I would have to go out of the room every half hour to fart. People heard anyway. It stopped after about two weeks.

tell your shameful fart stories here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ill head into the mens room at work and the instant i step past the doors threshold i let em rip regardless of whos out in the hallway

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

ill head into the mens room at work and the instant i step past the doors threshold i let em rip regardless of whos out in the hallway

This but my bosses office instead of the men's room

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Not seeing any shame so far ... I have been proud of many a fart, but only ashamed of a few

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
if a butt makes a loud noise as a result of that butt being penetrated at that moment by a penis (possibly gayly) does that noise constitute a fart? or is such a noise considered a mere queef

this is a serious and important question

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
shart fame

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYfH-Sa0_fo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
most of my shameful fart stories can be found in the gbs pants making GBS threads threads

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Ghosts 'n Goblins just came out for NES and I grabbed it & was running back to my mom, when I passed this very attractive girl and I let out a huge fart MID-RUN. It was so loud and surprising that she jumped and I stopped for a second, then I went back to running to my mom.

freezingprocess
Mar 25, 2005

As a blackjack/craps dealer I am not allowed to move from one spot for over an hour at a time. So, yes mister "did-you-eat-whitecastle?"...I did - deal with it!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i bet you deal a lot of craps on that white castle diet

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
This is my favorite shameful fart story.

FLooK posted:

Last night at the bar a regular told me his neighbor (another regular) had died Monday morning. As the initial shock hit me I felt the sudden onset of pressure. While distraught and asking about the particulars of the death, the pressure built up to where I felt like I was going to poo poo a beach ball. Somehow in the middle of a very serious conversation I managed to release the fart like a pinhole leak in a balloon, deftly disguising my grunts of relief like, "Urrrrrgh... man that's so terrible.(fweeeeeeeeee) I mean mmmmmmmgh... for him to go so suddenly like that.(eeeeeeeeee) Gaaaaaaaah, how is everyone taking it? (eeeeeeeerrrrrrp). The fart finally concluded and I went off somewhere out of the public eye to expel the rest of the gas. I scurried into the kitchen, looked at the cook and made a sound in my trousers that is most accurately described as James Earl Jones exclaiming the word "BLACK!" in a very surprised tone.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Benjamin Franklin experimented with supplements that would make his farts smell better.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i am proud of my farts, op. fart-positive

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

ie every time i fart

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont fart

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

SirEvelynTremble posted:

My own fart shame story was when I was in hospital in 2008, and the meds combined with my diet made me fart loudly and stinkily roughly every 20 minutes. In hospital with nurses and patients it's not so embarrassing because people have poo poo wrong with them, but when I came home I would have to go out of the room every half hour to fart. People heard anyway. It stopped after about two weeks.
You have to learn how to make your farts silent. There's only so many car doors you can slam if you're letting one loose every 20 minutes.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
fartuing is SO passe

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
passe gasse

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

tranime scholar posted:

ie every time i fart

you have a 100% fart-positive record?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Farts all over the loving place, makes sure to laugh about it and point it out every single time despite no one else in the social group doing so.

Haha this is so normal and healthy you guys I'm just making GBS threads my pants for days here

why don't you ask me to go to lunch with you guys anymore or get on the office fantasy football league? This is just ME you guys

farts again, loudly

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

SirEvelynTremble posted:

you have a 100% fart-positive record?

no i just have aids

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I always drop bad rear end in the stacks at the library, so I have to flee and pretend to look at books I don't even care about until it dissipates.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Since I cut out carbs my farts are tidy little miracles of wonderfulness.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
sometimes im stinking up my office bad and a pretty woman comes in to tell me something and i can tell she's trying not to react and so am i but its an awful stank and she knows it came from my butthole

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Since I cut out carbs my farts are tidy little miracles of wonderfulness.

Really? I eat very little carbs and I'm foul

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
my father-in-law routinely and shamelessly rips loud farts during long pauses in conversations. pretty badass tbh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mookface posted:

Really? I eat very little carbs and I'm foul

meat free dairy free cruelty free.

Edit: wait, cheese is dairy.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

What are you eating

Edit: just cheese

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

Edit: wait, cheese is dairy.

wait if you dont eat any meat and you dont eat any carbs... man that sucks dude

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

THS posted:

wait if you dont eat any meat and you dont eat any carbs... man that sucks dude

Farts like rose petals, friends. It's amazing.

I'm writing a book so I can't tell you the one weird secret.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rips off a fart while having lunch at Qdoba with some guys from work.
Immediately does a Cartman impersonation.

CLASSIC. ME.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The cheese diet yields surprisingly innocuous farts, who knew

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I'm not ashamed of my farts.

Yesterday some stupid bitch cut in line in front of me. I stood really close to her and unleashed a silent but deadly. I've got more in the chamber for the next person who tries that. :black101:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
just swallow a lot of air to 'water down' your farts with stink-free air

your welcome

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
where is that 'treason johnny' av

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
so has nobody ever farted on Santa's knee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

SirEvelynTremble posted:

so has nobody ever farted on Santa's knee?

i thought i had but from an earlier post that might be called a queef

• Locked thread