Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Rent-A-Cop posted:

He didn't kill anybody and there's no such crime as "premeditated assault."

One got shot in the face and I thought I remembered reading he had been killed; hence the edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rent-A-Cop posted:

He claims he was trying to shoot a protester who had previously robbed or tried to rob him. Big difference.

would you like to post a source? cause I've been searching for more clarification of what the guy is claiming, and nothing i've seen indicates that

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 16, 2015

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Condiv posted:

would you like to post a source? cause I've been searching for more clarification of what the guy is claiming, and nothing i've seen indicates that
Sorry, forgot that wasn't in the article linked upthread.

LA Times posted:

Robinson said Williams told him that he had been at the protest Wednesday night but was not a regular demonstrator. “He hasn’t protested, he wasn’t actually a protester, he was actually coming out to support one night and just kind of being there to support the people,” the bishop told The Times.

“He said he had been robbed by some of the protesters, and I asked him if he had got robbed, he should have not reacted out of frustration or anger, but he should have allowed the leaders that were present to address it and handle it right then,” Robinson said, adding that he was “assuming” the alleged robbery happened at the demonstration.

So a local pastor says Williams told him that someone or some people who were at the protest had robbed him at some prior time. He left and then returned and fired several shots from his car into the crowd.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Sorry, forgot that wasn't in the article linked upthread.

So a local pastor says Williams told him that someone or some people who were at the protest had robbed him at some prior time. He left and then returned and fired several shots from his car into the crowd.

thanks for the link, at least we're now sure this is not just some twitter rumor

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

:cop:

If Williams had spent more time at the range, honing his marksmanship skills, anywhere from one to three protesters would be dead. But now we have two injured police officers.

#blacklivesmatter

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
After review, the prosecutor determined that Williams would not be indicted due to his carrying out his duties in a lawful manner.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
I think the real reason the police got shot was because the locals didn't trust the Ferguson police department.

If Jeffrey Williams had felt comfortable reporting the theft to the fat, greasy, donut eating bacon filled pigs, then he wouldn't have felt he needed to take the law into his own hands, and he never would have tried to kill that protester, which resulted in him accidentally injuring two police officers.

The police have nobody to blame but themselves. Especially that one oinker that got shot in the face with a .40 caliber bullet. gently caress the police.

I hope they give Jeffrey the key to the city for helping to expose the corruption in Ferguson. We should all chip in a little money to help him pay his bail. This man deserves to be free.

People like Jeffrey Williams are the same as the slaves that helped build the White House, and white people are keeping him down.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
A notorious bleeding heart liberal is in the tank for Eric Holder's biased DOJ takedown of the virtuous Ferguson PD.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Stultus Maximus posted:

Give up (attempted) cop killer cred and take the rap for it anyway? Why lie?

You would think that nobody is stupid enough to shoot off in view of the police station that is the center of attention for the region but perhaps this guy really is that stupid.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Speaking of folks shooting at protestors, whatever happened with that woman who got shot back during the first week of protests where the cops stole the bullet afterwards?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

blunt for century posted:

Speaking of folks shooting at protestors, whatever happened with that woman who got shot back during the first week of protests where the cops stole the bullet afterwards?

Mya Aaten-White

it looks like the police are ducking any and all responsibility to investigate or provide a better report than a cursory "We didn't do it, so we assume it was a drive-by. No further questions."

whether or not the ferguson PD actually did shoot a civilian in the head and cover it up, they certainly aren't doing much to avoid the perception that this is exactly what happened. either because they're incompetent or don't care

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I thought she filed a lawsuit?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Mya Aaten-White

it looks like the police are ducking any and all responsibility to investigate or provide a better report than a cursory "We didn't do it, so we assume it was a drive-by. No further questions."

whether or not the ferguson PD actually did shoot a civilian in the head and cover it up, they certainly aren't doing much to avoid the perception that this is exactly what happened. either because they're incompetent orand don't care

ftfy :v:

Thanks for the info though. I can't help but wonder what the DoJ has to say amongst themselves about that shooting

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
Looks like the beat the poo poo out of him too.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
A report on why DOJ didn't charge Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.
Not sure if this goes here, but a judge just ruled against releasing the grand jury documents in the Eric Garner chokehold case.

• Locked thread