Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Another year, another thread. It's the Talksport Predictor Game. No prizes this time, because it didn't drive participation last year and now I'm basically just resigned to only playing with the same 10 people every year. You know the deal by now. Here's a copy paste of last year's OP:

If you know what you are doing then go log-in and use code FC89D-IPS to enter the TRP mini-league. Otherwise:

The predictor game is pretty loving simple really, once you've registered you just put in what you think the score of every EPL game will be.

The scoring system is essentially 10 points for the correct outcome, 15 points for the correct goal difference, 20 points for accurately predicting a draw, and 30 points if the score is identical to what you entered. You lose 10 points if you get it wrong.

You can play your "banker" chip on any result you feel really confident about, which will triple your score (or only double it if the fixture involves a top 4 team). Be careful though, banking on a failed prediction could turn your -10 points into -30 points! Generally you should put your bankers on Man U every week, except for when they play Everton (probably not true anymore this season).

The insurance chip ensures the lowest you can get for a game is 0 points, making it essentially a freebie. Put it on any result you feel reaaallly unsure about, which is usually some tepid loving garbage like sunderland VS QPR where the only good result is a meteor strike wiping out the stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ready to defend the crown

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I'm in again, see if I can come 2nd for the 3rd year running...

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Setting an optimistic goal of remembering this come September.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I think I did better when I stopped paying attention but gently caress it I get the emails all the time anyway.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

In. Need to do my predictions for the office Lawros anyway, may as well do this at the same time.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Is it just me that can't find where on the bloody site I have to go to rejoin the league? I swear its moved to somewhere really obscure

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Is it just me that can't find where on the bloody site I have to go to rejoin the league? I swear its moved to somewhere really obscure

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Cheers, feel massively stupid now!

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
I'm in. Might as well have a go.

Simonh
May 27, 2004
I'll get in on this again for this year. Bottom of the(active) table, boya!

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

man u pls

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

this is going to be a repeat of last year every week "surely they can't lose again"

heladocasero
Jul 27, 2010
Only just remembered to make my predictions this week. I'm in as aeiss. Is there an easy way to view our league? I've been entering in the invite code whenever I want to have a look at the table

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

heladocasero posted:

Is there an easy way to view our league? I've been entering in the invite code whenever I want to have a look at the table

Should be there on the right after you log in, under "Mini-Leagues"

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wow. That was a bad week. Only one person managed to actually score positive points.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I've been so loving terrible at this all season, lot of mental results in fairness but I think its mainly because my fantasy team is doing well

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Looks like Lawro has got this in the bag already.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Screw you Burnley and your last minute equaliser :argh:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Lawro manages zero points this week. At first I thought I must've hosed up entering his predictions, but nope, he just flubbed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Pipski posted:

Lawro manages zero points this week. At first I thought I must've hosed up entering his predictions, but nope, he just flubbed it.

I will catch up to Lawro, can't let him win.

• Locked thread