Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i will be a google mentat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
theres a dredd story where an aspiring young artist enters megacity 1 hoping to profit off his skills and they just take his paintings & feed em to a robot that then perfectly reproduces his style and they laugh him off and i think at the end dredd arrests the guy for gettin butthurt in public

robots & fascism are v good

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 634 days!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

i will be a google mentat

From what I read of the Dune books, mentat seems like a really lovely gig.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Cesar Cedeno posted:

From what I read of the Dune books, mentat seems like a really lovely gig.

Being a mentat was a great deal, but then prescients took our jobs.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

http://www.gizmag.com/catching-robotic-arm/32022/

using the same technique that people use to teach baxter (showing by example, in this case, throwing different objects at it and having another guy move the arm to meet it) these guys taught a robot arm to catch different objects super fast. It looks fake as poo poo because its unreal.

Could be used to prevent accidents.

This robot could probably figure out how to shoot a gun really well.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

quakster posted:

theres a dredd story where an aspiring young artist enters megacity 1 hoping to profit off his skills and they just take his paintings & feed em to a robot that then perfectly reproduces his style and they laugh him off and i think at the end dredd arrests the guy for gettin butthurt in public

robots & fascism are v good

turns out this is the future, except Dredd will also be a robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Don Tacorleone posted:

turns out this is the future, except Dredd will also be a robot
hes an augmented superclone already

as in, a bad guy poked his eyes out, he got robot eyes and went "should've had this done years ago!", that sorta thing

quakster fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 17, 2014

• Locked thread