Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

LGD posted:

also I regret being this spergy but that image is straight up not accurate- Thanos isn't in a different dimension and does not appear to rule anything, and Nebula is 100% not Thanos' real daughter, something that is explicit in the movie

I mean not like this completely detracts from the relationships having a superficially similar structure to those in Mortal Kombat, but if someone is going to be snarky about broad similarities it seems important that the ones they identify are actually real

boom ya got burnt gif maker guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LGD posted:

also I regret being this spergy but that image is straight up not accurate- Thanos isn't in a different dimension and does not appear to rule anything, and Nebula is 100% not Thanos' real daughter, something that is explicit in the movie

I mean not like this completely detracts from the relationships having a superficially similar structure to those in Mortal Kombat, but if someone is going to be snarky about broad similarities it seems important that the ones they identify are actually real
if starlord is johnny cage, will he get chumped immediately at the beginning of gotg2?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

quakster posted:

if starlord is johnny cage, will he get chumped immediately at the beginning of gotg2?

Gamora ruthelessly cucks everyone in the marvel universe, that's just canon

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Are you familiar with Joss Whedon, wordsmith extraordinaire?

"Everything Joss Whedon does is a quippy snarkfest"

"So what's a quippy snarkfest?"

"Everything Joss Whedon does."

Thanks.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ladyboy pancake posted:

"Everything Joss Whedon does is a quippy snarkfest"

"So what's a quippy snarkfest?"

"Everything Joss Whedon does."

Thanks.
pop culture refs, one-liners and incomplete sentences. hth

essentially, real people behaving like goons

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
oh ok, so like guardians of the galaxy then.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

quakster posted:

I don't think starlord is johnny cage though because johnny cage is a dumb bitch and starlord owns

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ladyboy pancake posted:

oh ok, so like guardians of the galaxy then.
yep

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Thanos is big and he's gonna slam the spider friends into the ground you'll see

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

ok then so Joss Whedon, much like guardians of the galaxy, is good.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ladyboy pancake posted:

ok then so Joss Whedon, much like guardians of the galaxy, is good.
yep

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
ok cool just clearing it up so i know what opinion to have.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
the opening credits ruled (also the rest of the movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKXTwQPJHQ

basically ffffuck you OP and whoever else gets mad about CGI or whatever

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to rent it from redbox in 3 months, fall asleep in the middle and keep it for 6 more days because I've convinced myself I'm going to finish it, not finish it and return it for the same price I would have paid to see it in theaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

i think you might be interested in a fine, deep and well thought out anime by the name of 'kill la kill'

(ahahahhahahhaa if you actually think this)

I took a film class last semester so I'm kind of an expert, okay? It has to do with camera angles and such. You probably wouldn't understand.

I don't have time to watch any anime, thanks. I'm busy deconstructing movies and sucking the fun out of them like a good film critic.

gently caress the ROW posted:

Gamora ruthelessly cucks everyone in the marvel universe, that's just canon

She's a level 18 Pelvic Sorcerer.

quakster posted:

essentially, real people behaving like goons

Lots of people who aren't goons or nerds talk and behave like that. Of course, I've been outside recently so...

NESguerilla posted:

I can't wait to rent it from redbox in 3 months, fall asleep in the middle and keep it for 6 more days because I've convinced myself I'm going to finish it, not finish it and return it for the same price I would have paid to see it in theaters.

lol redbox

• Locked thread