Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Professor Tomtom posted:

The help is beneath me.

Does anyone have a bandage? I seem to have cut myself on this edgy post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i only tip for circumcised waiters who are on an airplane on a treadmill that's .99999....=1 mile long (gun control)

came here to post this

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
They just bumped the min wage in SD to 11$ in 2017. I was listening to NPR and they had this guy who owns 40 restaurants on complaining that he will have to cut servers and raise costs because of the 3 extra loving dollars an hour he has to pay his employees 3 years from now. He really went on a "poor me" rant about how he wont be able to draw in any more idiot tourist willing to spend 15 dollars on a veggie burger. He literally said at one point something to the effect of ," It's not even that big of a raise anyway, it's not like they will use the extra money to come to one my my restaurants."

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 21, 2014

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Professor Tomtom posted:

The help is beneath me.

i don't think hookers count as service industry

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Theshby posted:

i don't think hookers count as service industry

Lol

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Hobohemian posted:

They just bumped the min wage in SD to 11$ in 2017. I was listening to NPR and they had this guy who owns 40 restaurants on complaining that he will have to cut servers and raise costs because of the 3 extra loving dollars an hour he has to pay his employees 3 years from now. He really went on a "poor me" rant about how he wont be able to draw in any more idiot tourist willing to spend 15 dollars on a veggie burger. He literally said at one point something to the effect of ," It's not even that big of a raise anyway, it's not like they will use the extra money to come to one my my restaurants."

Restaurant owners are some of the most entitled cheap skate mother fuckers on the planet.

I can only assume it stems from a culture where in they are allowed to make their idiot customers pay their employees for them, combined with the 4000% mark ups they get away with.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Restaurant owners are some of the most entitled cheap skate mother fuckers on the planet.

I can only assume it stems from a culture where in they are allowed to make their idiot customers pay their employees for them, combined with the 4000% mark ups they get away with.

I heard restaurants aren't a really profitable or successful business though.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Klauser posted:

Personally I don't do it, but I have friends who do. My opinion is you tip for the service you receive when you go out to eat: Bring me food/drink/wet naps/whatever, refills, clear plates, etc. It's a meal without any of the hassle that goes along with it, I have no issue tipping someone to do that for me. We very rarely get delivery but when we do I tip them as well, I just really see no reason to tip when I get takeout. The argument I hear the most is it takes effort for someone to pack up the food so it's ready to go, which I get but I'm not sure it's worth a tip.

I know tipping varies in prevalence around the world, but I think it's an interesting topic almost everyone has an opinion on. I'd also like to hear what people in the industry think about tipping for takeout.

You don't have to tip when you come pick up the food. If you do the person picking up the phone will take it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LorneReams posted:

Sounds like your employer is loving you. You should quit.

Lol you're mad at the wrong ppl dummy find another job man

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Clochette posted:

I heard restaurants aren't a really profitable or successful business though.

Propaganda and lies spread by greedy restaurant owners.

Most new restaurants that open do end up closing down, usually due to poor management, bad location, too small an initial loan, or a combination of all those. However, for those that survive, they loving rake in the cash.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I love when I make a delivery order online, the tip is a line item and there is still an empty TIP line at the bottom. Like yeah, I'm going to tip you twice.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
tipping encourages worse service, racism, and tax evasion. If you tip you are a horrible person.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

rainy day posted:

tipping encourages worse service, racism, and tax evasion. If you tip you are a horrible person.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The only thing tipping does is let people run a business without paying their employees.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

The only thing tipping does is let people run a business without paying their employees.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Clochette posted:

I always give a good tip when I get delivery because I'm usually drunk as gently caress, why else would I be ordering pizza at 11 pm.

Real pros tip the pizza guy with weed. No matter how busy it is, I can't even make a Digiorno in the little bit of time that passes between when I order and the pizza shows up. I think they give me other people's pizzas!

I don't even smoke weed, I just keep some on hand for tipping.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Real pros tip the pizza guy with weed. No matter how busy it is, I can't even make a Digiorno in the little bit of time that passes between when I order and the pizza shows up. I think they give me other people's pizzas!

I don't even smoke weed, I just keep some on hand for tipping.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
real gangstas tip with they credit card and try to do a chargeback later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Here's some advice for all the front of house restaurant workers that are pulling their hair out worrying about tips. Steal. :ninja:

• Locked thread