Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
To be honest, I am not sure where my boundaries are. This is my first monsterhearts game, and will probably be my first time exploring at length the awful places this is probably going to go. I almost have the sense of "I don't know what I am in for", which I think is pretty interesting.

Should things ever shift from the "good kind" of uncomfortable to the "bad kind" for me I will let you know, but right now I can't think of anything that may do that.

Also, I should mention that I am okay with the direction that Ningyou wishes to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ok class, OOC discussion time!

First things first: Are there any objects to me fast-forwarding to next period, and assuming the rest of this period (due to the dual failed shut downs) passes in a sort of tense silence? For the record, Sharon doesn't come back.

Because of that, you are free to try and skip on next period. However, you'll have to explain how you evade the everwatchful Al-Jazari Panopticon. Do you hold steady and avoid the camera sweeps? Convince a sympathetic nurse to write you a note?

For everyone, though, it's time to make a seating chart. Al-Jazari has 18 person classes grouped into collaborative groups of 3. None of you are allowed to be in the same group as each other- socialization, understand? First period is History (1950-present) and is technically your true homeroom. So with no further ado, your classmates and teacher!

Your teacher, Himiko Mayfair

A real sweetheart, but a bit of a pushover. Tends to go off on tangents that even the normal students just don't understand.

1. Porter Stephenson

A real kneebiter. Loves to taunt and provoke, but always just within the rules...

2. Adame Hoshijiro

D O R K. Into: reading on actual paper (who does that?) sleeping in class, making rude posts on the school intranet under an alias.

3. Steve Blair

Perpetual daydreamer, but always somehow gets the answer right. Jerk.

4. Edgar Green

Would be the class rep, if you had a class rep. Stick up the rear end the size of the Eiffel Tower.

5. Erin Wong

Way too happy to be here. Almost certainly up to something.

6. Yanelle Gates-Watson

Probably the richest person here. Does not, in any way, shape, or form, act like it.

7. Suzy Farmer

Sure, I can look at your computer problems! But first, let me take a 3-D holographic selfie.

8. Sulieman "Sully" Al-Jazari (no relation)

#1 school heartthrob. For everybody. E V E R Y B O D Y.

9. Bobby Suparmanputra

Isn't actually gangster at all, just has no sense of style.

10. Regina Zhong

Loves history class, putting her in a minority of exactly one. Big into card games, which, again, who does that?!

11. Sujatha Bhatnagar

Dresses like it's the 20th century because she insists it's coming back in style.

12. George Mtumbe White

Somehow contains 2x as much snob as should be stuffable into a 5'4" kid.

Each of you gets to pick 1 of your groupmates. Then, I will pick the other. Tables are arranged in two rows of 3:

pre:
1              4

2              5

3              6
With 1 being closest to the door and the teacher. Pick a seat, pick a seatmate, and let's start the fireworks.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 25, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Erin Wong. And seat 6.

Edit: Also I'm fine with skipping forward. Not sure if I want to skip next period or not yet.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 25, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
For maximum potential drama, Ray will sit in seat 5 with Porter Stephenson. I'm fine with skipping. But Ray won't skip. He still wants a chance to backbite Niviane.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 25, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'm good with skipping ahead. After that whole thing with Ray, Chris is just fine sitting around not pushing people's buttons for a little while. He's not planning to skip next period because :effort:.

I'll pick seat #3 so Chris can be in the front near the teacher and also next to the window for maximum window-gazing. For my first seatmate, I pick Adame Hoshijiro. (Cool people corner over here)

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'll grab seat #2 and Steve Blair.

I'm fine with skipping forward, though I would like some feedback on my Gazing into the Abyss. Everett will be skipping class to try and do some focused investigation, after doing some hacking to temporarily disable his biometric data from the camera's database.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Takanago posted:

I'm good with skipping ahead. After that whole thing with Ray, Chris is just fine sitting around not pushing people's buttons for a little while. He's not planning to skip next period because :effort:.

I'll pick seat #3 so Chris can be in the front near the teacher and also next to the window for maximum window-gazing. For my first seatmate, I pick Adame Hoshijiro. (Cool people corner over here)

I think you mean #4.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evie will pick seat #1 because a, the door's RIGHT THERE, and b, Evie's a good girl ginormous teacher's pet and can't think of a reason not to sit up front.

Also, Sujatha Bhatnagar because oh my goshhhhhhh

Also yeah uh let's fast-forward. Either way, Evie's not going to skip History class.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

K Prime posted:

I think you mean #4.

:pseudo: Yes. make that #4.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
As a latecomer I guess seat 3 is mine and I'll sit with Yanelle. Fastforward it is and apologies for being busy.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

pre:
1                         4
Evie, Sujatha, George     Chris, Adame, Edgar
2                         5
Everett, Steve, Suzy      Ray, Porter, Regina
3                         6
Dorothy, Yanelle,Bobby    Nivaine, Erin, Sulieman

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

UGH GOSHHHHHHHHH H H H H H

also is it okay if in my headcanon Regina is basically Future Pam Poovey

can this be canon canon

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

threadbump to avoid archiving

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

WOW WAY TO BE A METAL GEAR RJERK

"rjerk" is totes a word i have an english degree so i can make new words okay >:C

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Ningyou posted:

WOW WAY TO BE A METAL GEAR RJERK

"rjerk" is totes a word i have an english degree so i can make new words okay >:C

If I were a Metal Gear Porter would be muttering something about memes right now and Ray would be echoing him like a doofus. Ray is not a doofus. :colbert:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

help now i'm getting this mental image of porter huddled and whimpering underneath a cardboard box with "THE ORANGE" stamped on the side and i'm not sure how to feel

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
"Snake, do you think love can bloom in the network?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Posts will resume tomorrow! Meinberg appears to be MIA so I'm going to NPC Everett. I may recruit someone new!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Post to prevent archiving and also to note that string on Edgar so I can not forget to add it to my spreadsheet.

• Locked thread