Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
But seriously, are we supposed to know who she is or what happened? She won a baseball game? This is important? Or it's the first time a girl won or something? People are happy, angry, or excited? Help us out here. OPs with no info usually at least link a news article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
if you don't watch sportscenter at least a few times a week, you might as well just cut your vestigial penis off now

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/sports/baseball/mone-davis-dominates-at-little-league-world-series.html?_r=0

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

But seriously, are we supposed to know who she is or what happened? She won a baseball game? This is important? Or it's the first time a girl won or something? People are happy, angry, or excited? Help us out here. OPs with no info usually at least link a news article.

she is a pitcher (like your boyfriend) which is an important position on a baseball team. she is a girl, which makes her a minority in little league. her team is in the little league World Series tournament. in one of their games, she pitched the entire game and only two people ever successfully hit the ball and got on base, and neither scored, making it the first 'shutout' pitched by a girl in a little league World Series game. her team won the game and will likely do well in the rest of the tournament.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

you irl posted:

she is a pitcher (like your boyfriend) which is an important position on a baseball team. she is a girl, which makes her a minority in little league. her team is in the little league World Series tournament. in one of their games, she pitched the entire game and only two people ever hit the ball and neither scored, making it the first 'shutout' pitched by a girl in a little league World Series game. her team won the game and will likely do well in the rest of the tournament.

no but like

whats a girl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah but how good is she at DOTA2 OP?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

shiksa posted:

no but like

whats a girl

Gross IRL

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

JakeP posted:

shes throwing a breaking ball

sorry but I was looking for "because she throws like a girl"

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Little league is poo poo now and they had to expand the age eligibility because too many kids were switching to stuff like AAU and cal Ripken.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
my favorite part about Mo'Ne Davis is she already interviews like she's been in the show for ten loving years

"yeah I was having a good 'stuff' day, I guess. I just settled into the groove and dealt 'em. glad it all worked out for us. *spits tobacco juice*"
- a fourteen-year-old girl

what a stud

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Mega64 posted:

Yeah but how good is she at DOTA2 OP?

i wish there was some kind of accurate way of measuring how many humans do measure their self worth in video game scores rather than their earlier goals in life like becoming a great athlete or a master of business or a craft

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

fyodor posted:

lol it's a curveball n00b.

Why are 12 year olds throwing curveballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
Jimmy the Greek was right after all?

• Locked thread