Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

Indoor cats are hosed. I like cats but not indoor cats, they're annoying and crazy and neurotic not unlike a caged animal.

my two cats are sisters and were born inside and are deathly afraid of what lies beyond the front door, much like myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Cats are monsters while dogs are people.

:chord:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Cats are almost all cute while dogs are almost all really ugly. Not saying all dogs are ugly but way too many of the common pet dogs look like poo poo. Luckily the dog my mom plans to adopt in the future is one of the cute ones.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I kinda feel like rats are on the same level as snakes and ferrets for weirdo pets

Crewmine fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 18, 2014

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Suicide huh? Anyone know if Robin Williams ever owned a cat?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we're all looking at this study the wrong way. Maybe it's saying that cat furries are smarter than dog furries.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

SymfonyMan posted:

Suicide huh? Anyone know if Robin Williams ever owned a cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT4mFkYp1Yw

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

We're on to something here!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Palpek posted:

plats own cats

I brought sanitized snacks.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hobohemian posted:

It's a bit ironic that the only place cats are actually useful is in the country, but it's people in tiny apartments that are lonely that always get cats.

Dunno there's a lot of vermin in thr city too

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
My cat could go outside if she wanted, but she fears everything outside the condo, including the hallway. She has chosen to stay inside. She is happy inside, it's where the easy food and gas fireplace are. Outside is scary, full of cars and children. The only time she was relaxed outdoors was after a vet visit that shot her up with good drugs. That's another thing, cats appreciate drugs. They will eat cannabis plants and bask in pot smoke. As well they make great company during opiate trips, as they can lay near and be chill for hours at a time. Your dogs do that?
Check mate fuckers

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i'm the cat's pajamas AMA

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
one thing i have to say is that people really should get their cats declawed it's so stupid i see friends with their couches and bedposts ruined and i smh meanwhile the cat also lives a better quality of life being declawed

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
maybe. but people who own cats are universally terrible and smell bad

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
and fat, usually virgins

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
honestly, i cannot respect cat people and i post in the wrestling forum. you are a cat's bitch, should you own a cat

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Hey now, cats and dogs are both pretty great. I support equality and togetherness.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Theshby posted:

honestly, i cannot respect cat people and i post in the wrestling forum. you are a cat's bitch, should you own a cat

what do cats even do? my lab was catching cicadas last night in her mouth, and soft carrying them away from the door so they didn't get in the house

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crewmine posted:

I kinda feel like rats are on the same level as snakes and ferrets for weirdo pets

my gf likes rats and i was weirded out at first but they're actually pretty smart and enjoy human company. plus you can teach them tricks which automatically places them at least one tier higher than cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g2rxtWu_FM

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i want op as my pet

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Millions of Crows posted:

My cat could go outside if she wanted, but she fears everything outside the condo, including the hallway. She has chosen to stay inside. She is happy inside, it's where the easy food and gas fireplace are. Outside is scary, full of cars and children. The only time she was relaxed outdoors was after a vet visit that shot her up with good drugs. That's another thing, cats appreciate drugs. They will eat cannabis plants and bask in pot smoke. As well they make great company during opiate trips, as they can lay near and be chill for hours at a time. Your dogs do that?
Check mate fuckers

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Cat Mattress posted:

Dogs are cool if you're retired and can afford to spend most of your days walking them around.

If you're gainfully employed and get a dog just so that you can leave it alone in your tiny lovely apartment just so that it whines and barks all day long, you're a hosed-up shitlord. Don't get a dog if you can't take care of it. Get a hamster in a cage or something.

Cats are cool if you live in the countryside.

If you live in a urban area and get a cat just so that it becomes neurotic from being cooped up all the time or let it go outside just so that it gets squished by traffic or poisoned by your creepy neighbors, you're a hosed-up shitlord. Don't get a cat if you can't give it a good place to live. Get a hamster in a cage or something.

There are dog breeds that don't need much activity and these breeds, usually smaller dogs to begin with, don't get depressive about spending time inside while you're at work either. I had a dog in my last apartment and she was cool with hanging out at home alone while I was at work. She never displayed any signs of stress like going to the bathroom in the house, destroying furniture, or anything like that... because I knew I needed to get a breed with low activity requirements.

Millions of Crows posted:

Check mate fuckers

Uggghhh... pretty much all animals respond favorably to drugs if they encounter them. Even dumb animals can get addicted to alcohol if they eat fermented fruit. But yeah, there are dogs that like getting high too.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
small dogs aren't real dogs

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
people who own small dogs aren't people

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah you should get the biggest dog you can because dogs, like cars, should be as big as possible

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
no poo poo lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah you should get the biggest dog you can because dogs, like cars, should be as big as possible

yeah

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
we got a new dog from the shelter and hes big and loving lazy as poo poo. he goes into his crate when we put the 2 year old down for bed and doesn't come out until morning. then when he does, he takes his sweet rear end time and stretches and poo poo before he goes outside to pee. i left them outside today not realizing it was gonna rain i hope the screened porch door is propped open...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
however please do not gently caress dogs, like forums user morally inept :(

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Fisticuffs posted:

Uggghhh... pretty much all animals respond favorably to drugs if they encounter them. Even dumb animals can get addicted to alcohol if they eat fermented fruit. But yeah, there are dogs that like getting high too.

You find me a dog that can hotbox as well as my cat, and lay next to me for 10 to 12 hours at a stretch while i drift on oxy and I'll adopt/buy that fucker right now
I like dogs but i live in Condo, and hate small dogs. A dog living with me better be super loving cool to make up for that fact that I would have to take them out for walks and pick up their poo poo or be fined by the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
My ex had a sheep dog that really liked weed. Whenever we smoked at her place it would always put its head in her lap and whine for hits. And most dogs are cool with laying around for 10 or 12 hours. And dogs that aren't will still do it if you trained them. That's the cool thing about dogs, you can train them to do almost anything. You can train dogs to use toilets or litterboxes(most dog breeds don't instinctively bury their poo poo though, so you'd probably need to change it everyday pretty much).

PuTTY riot posted:

small dogs aren't real dogs

I'm not crazy about them and some of the toy breeds are hyper-neurotic(chihuahuas, beagles). A Labrador can deal with being alone in the day just fine. I've had two over the last ~20 years and neither was stressed out about being alone at home during the day.

• Locked thread