Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
alcoholics are dumb

like, just stop loving drinking. its not that hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
what im trying to say is bootstraps

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Chuck Tanner posted:

what im trying to say is w00tstraps

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
36 hrs of this will set your body-clock straight

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Saalkin posted:

drink a 40 of any hard liquor then take a whole bottle of sleeping pills

"a 40 of any hard liquor" :raise:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

devin2 posted:

so far i've tried weed and melatonin and weed+melatonin and i'm not entirely convinced

i would appreciate your wisdom gbs

listen to the sounds of falling rain in a thunderstorm. That helps me always.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

try a half gallon of bleach on the rocks

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Haverchuck posted:

"a 40 of any hard liquor" :raise:

fine a 60. whatever.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

When I used to drink a lot I found that while I needed it to get to sleep, my sleep was fitful and I felt like poo poo in the morning. Stopping drinking will be a bitch but you'll start sleeping better even if you don't sleep as much.

enzeen
Sep 23, 2010
Try heroin

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just sleep 20 mins every 4 hours.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

dontcareaboutname posted:

just sleep 20 mins every 4 hours.

yeah. da vinci did it. why can't the op?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Chuck Tanner posted:

alcoholics are dumb

like, just stop loving drinking. its not that hard

After 8 months with no alcohol, all I can say on the matter is learn to sleep less. After a few days of 5-6 hours of sleep, you will start going to bed earlier. Or not. The point I guess is insomnia is a lovely excuse to drink.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
ambien

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

if the queen had balls shed be the king

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Sleep hygiene is a real thing that helps but it takes more than a couple days to work:
don't stare at computer right before bed
dont eat a huge meal before bed
try reading book
exercise in morning or afternoon
try valerian root/melatonin while adjusting to new sleep hygiene routine
prob hardest for you: avoid alcohol/caffeine
if possible have bedroom be cool, reducing body temperature before bed is desirable

I didn't believe this crap either but it does work. I'm even back to having coffee and booze if I want it. Takes discipline but in the mean time if you're an insomniac you end up reading a lot of books that you can brag about because no one does that anymore.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

enzeen posted:

Try heroin

or muscle relaxers

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The best tip is not to do anything ever in your bedroom besides sleep.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
The reason you can't sleep is because your liver is crying.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chemmy posted:

The best tip is not to do anything ever in your bedroom besides sleep.

where am i supposed to poop if not on the bed?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
hmmm have you tried a 76 mcg of LSD?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Try heroin.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
ask your doctor for klonopin and make sure to let him point out that it's totally not addictive and reasonable to take for sleep over a long period of time

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
"It is an ancient blend, m'lord," I tell the OP as I crush 12 herbs and spices with a mortar and pestle. "A mix that has been in use since Bible times. Temperamental...but potent." I take a pinch of the mixture and throw it into the liquid base. "Root of the Valerian," I say, and the brownish powder sinks to the bottom of the glass. Then I produce an eye dropper: "Tears of Chamomile," and I squeeze a few drops into the glass. Next, I grab a small red gel cap and say, "Melatonin of the Mind" and break the pill open over the glass. Crimson drops collide with the mixture and swirl into dizzying patterns.

The OP watches closely; insomnia has turned his face into a weary wizard's mask, wrinkled and aged beyond his years.

I hold up a small ivory triangle to the light and smile. "Dragon's tooth. Very rare. Do you believe in dragons?" As I say "you", I tap him on the tip of his nose. The object is dropped into the mixture, unaltered; it immediately sinks to the bottom of the glass tumbler with a faint clink. After this, a few more items are added to the potion: A translucent orange vial yields white pills of Lortab that are mashed into a fine powder; a metal thimble of "Moon Moth Lunesta" is poured straight in; even a piece of paper with daily affirmations written on it is folded up and dropped in. I instruct OP to "observe as its positive thoughts are absorbed by the brew."

Fishing around, I find a small plastic baggie that contains nary more than a pinch of dried greenery. "...and finally, Wiseman's Peyote--very powerful." I take a tiny pinch and throw it into the candlelight--it erupts in a brief gout of rolling flame; the room fills with a swirling cobalt haze. "Breathe deep, my liege. Breathe deep and fill your mind with the ghost of the miracle plant." We both sputter and cough in the growing cloud. It reddens our eyes with a burning heat.

Once I am finished, I lift the glass to OP's lips and pour the blend into his mouth. "For your strength, my king!" Although he gags and tries to pull away from the glass, I hold him down and force it against his face. He takes it all into his body and begins sinking back into his pillows as a mystical heaviness overtakes him.

Finally, I take a long draw from an elaborate brass water pipe adorned with extensive engravings of Pagan gods, turn, and blow the smoke into his face. "He! Ha! Ho!" I chant as OP's eyelids droop and he melts into the bedding. "MEESA PUT DA SPIRIT OF SLEEP INTA YOU! SLEEP SPIRIT, FREE DIS MAN OF HIM WAKIN THOUGHTS!" I stalk around the bed, kicking and spitting at the OP. By the time I am finished, his face and arms are glistening with saliva.

At last, OP slips into such a deep sleep that he becomes motionless; his chest grows still and his breathing, silent.

The forever sleep.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 18, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
OP's dead

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

i, too, have sleep problems

this poo poo is cash

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
there are many good choices in this thread, trazodone, klonopin,

naem posted:

Cutting helps,
drinking urself to sleep every night, exercise (lol).

naem
May 29, 2011

Idgi

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Al Borland posted:

listen to the sounds of falling rain in a thunderstorm. That helps me always.

I have an album of thunderstorms mixed with Beethoven that has always helped me ever since I was a kid. It's the most relaxing thing I've ever heard.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
I never sleep, Cuz sleep is the cousin of death.

In all honesty OP if you didn't spend your teenage years jerking off to girls with acne and playing Counter Strike 1.6 til 5 AM you would have developed better sleeping habits. Since then, you've had 3 psychotic breaks and no luck with women so I suggest jerking off with warming lube and riding the endorphin high until about 5 A.M, at which point the great benevolent allah will grant you a temporary mental silence.

EDIT: STOP DOING PILLS JESUS CHRIST

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

for some people a small amount of caffiene can actually lead to sleep. i find it can be true at times

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Watch MST3K episodes enough times that you can play back the entire film in your head, then listen to them on your phone.

Works every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessorMurder posted:

I have an album of thunderstorms mixed with Beethoven that has always helped me ever since I was a kid. It's the most relaxing thing I've ever heard.

Plz post a link to this

• Locked thread