Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I'm too lazy to make a gif of the Panther they lost in the village.

I'm good to go on, good to stop. Granted, considering our map position, force composition, lack of players and potential enemy units, I'd rather just end this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Looks like this is it, then. Good game all, see you in the observer thread.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Sigh. I wish we could at least kill the loving Panther. Oh well.

It's pretty symbolic of how this round fell apart that none of the northern IS-2 commanders were still playing. No one can expect dublish to do fine placement for three tanks on top of all his other inherited tasks.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Sorry guys. No ill feelings, I hope.

EDIT: ^^^ Well, I don't think it's symbolic. The attrition of commanders in the north, I think, explains substantially the lack of direction we had there, which led eventually to, well... last turn. I guess I'll explain more of how I think things went wrong in the observer thread if I have more time later.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 31, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The number of players dropping out caused our northern force to stall out. We wanted Austrian School too much to either realise that they were using it to spot all our "hidden tanks" in the tree line or that the force stopped for so long it effectively became one giant shooting gallery.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

No one can expect dublish to do fine placement for three tanks on top of all his other inherited tasks.

I expect I could have done better, but yeah. I signed up for an infantry platoon.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Man, the guts got ripped out of the north and Leeroy tank sealed the deal. I'm inclined to call it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yeah, none of this back and forth love notes poo poo. It was brutally unfunny last time.

Anyway, I'm good to go on, but I also have no interest in running the game with the presaged four people.

Hey 4th SMG is still here...all of us who are still alive, that is. (RIP Willie)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

jng2058 posted:

Hey 4th SMG is still here...all of us who are still alive, that is. (RIP Willie)

Yeah, you guys did great, and hung in against ambushes and heavy opposition. Cheers.

Thanks to everyone who stuck around, in fact.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry I disappeared at the end. Had to deal with IRL issues just as it came time to actually do stuff.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Ah well. Good game to the Germans.

We should have all our remaining forces just charge and see what happens.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

Ah well. Good game to the Germans.

We should have all our remaining forces just charge and see what happens.

Sure, why not?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hahaha, holy poo poo, the level of fine control the Germans executed.

Though a lot of it is "here is an in-game zoomed view. Do this." Subordinates: "Exactly this."

And hey, Grey would have let us split teams, apparently.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Hahaha, holy poo poo, the level of fine control the Germans executed.

Though a lot of it is "here is an in-game zoomed view. Do this." Subordinates: "Exactly this."

And hey, Grey would have let us split teams, apparently.

Yeah, the planning and pre-turn simulation of that last Panther attack is kinda nuts.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
poo poo, they got a dublish? :ohdear:

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry I disappeared at the end. Had to deal with IRL issues just as it came time to actually do stuff.

Same here. I hate to say poo poo happens but it seems the most appropriate phrase.

apostateCourier posted:

Sure, why not?

Depending on how Grey calculates the points next match (if there is one) a suicide charge might hurt the next people up, but otherwise, well.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
My vote: One last suicidal CHARGE by everything. Game ends after that 2 minutes. We'll probably have people in the objective zone (just) but it will be a German win probably. Uraah!

brb on fire
May 12, 2013
...I would die laughing if the suicidal charge completely slaughtered the Germans and left them running for the hills.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Comstar posted:

My vote: One last suicidal CHARGE by everything. Game ends after that 2 minutes. We'll probably have people in the objective zone (just) but it will be a German win probably. Uraah!
I really, really want to see this.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Comstar posted:

YES do this please.

I'd like Grey to save the game first and show us the casualties as they are now though. Then he reloads the game and BANZAAAAIIIII

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Kenzie posted:

YES do this please.

I'd like Grey to save the game first and show us the casualties as they are now though. Then he reloads the game and BANZAAAAIIIII

Agreed. I'd like to see the current KIA/WIA victory screen. Then we can have our mad dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Right Both threads are now open to those who haven't already watched the other sides videos.

• Locked thread