Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

every John Hughes movie sucks and is bad

Uncle Buck and uh.... uhhhrhgh... ughhhghhghubghgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Costello Jello posted:

The 80s may have had some bad fashion, but the 90s had no fashion at all. Zero.

I caught five minutes of Clueless and couldn't handle the flannel and terrible mushroom haircuts

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Pretty sure that Emilio Estevez fills the latino void as well.

naem
May 29, 2011

WHAT IF YOUNG PEOPLE WERE FROEMDS??

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

80s teen movies: everyone is quirky and has terrible fashion sense, there are no black people or latinos or gays, all of the lead characters are obviously closeted Jews, all of them are totally drug-free

Except for Revenge of the Nerds, which I think has all those things. But on the other hand, the main nerd rapes the girl he's after.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
uh the 90s had grunge and jncos and Starter jackets and chain wallets and Zubaz and loving hypercolor

naem
May 29, 2011

Costello Jello posted:

The 80s may have had some bad fashion, but the 90s had no fashion at all. Zero.

The 90's were just the anti-80's

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Flesh Forge posted:

Movies from this era feel weird because they're from a time before it was moderately OK to be gay but so many of the characters blatantly are. Aly Sheedy's character gets reformed so she can be all flowery and attract nice christian boys. Judd Nelson's character overcomes his prison experiences of being bartered for a carton of cigarettes so he can hold hands with Molly Ringwald. Anthony Michael Hall, well, yeah nobody ever liked him never mind.

Her arc annoys the poo poo out of me. Like everyone has a pretty bullshit realisation about themselves that won't hold past the weekend but her whole thing is "weird girl realises she'll get more attention if she looks less weird".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

the point was, they have a life changing mystical experience. WITH POT. The only joint of their lives.

Shoehead posted:

Her arc annoys the poo poo out of me. Like everyone has a pretty bullshit realisation about themselves that won't hold past the weekend but her whole thing is "weird girl realises she'll get more attention if she looks less weird".

moreover she decides being a fairly fuckable dyke is less cool than being a bland in-crowd straight girl

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

would

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
say anything was a good movie

still holds up today imho

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Fast times at Ridgemont high and dazed and confused beat up the breakfast club and took st. Elmos lunch money

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Oncogene posted:

say anything was a good movie

still holds up today imho

It was kind of a dumb fairy tale, and I didn't find Cusack charming at all. IRL, his girlfriend would dump him shortly after she arrived in England once she realized he was an idiot who was only going to hold her back.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
It's because Cusack isn't charming and looks like a skittish, gormless rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
The only movie that was remotely realistic to growing up in that time period was River's Edge.

• Locked thread