Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

timp posted:

Welp...if I'm not mistaken I would need to not only win this week, but I'd also need Smash Mouth Football to lose their game, AND I'd need to score 86 points more than them week in order to snag that last playoff spot. Not looking too likely at all. It's been a fun fight though!

Pretty much right. My game with *spicy* *campers* this week is for the 2nd bye spot. I should be ok, but there's always a chance.

Locked into Playoffs:
Oliver_Sak's Team - Also has locked a bye week
Chocolate Milk - bye week locked on a win or loss of 64 or less
*spicy* *campers* - bye week locked by a win of 64
Immovable Objects

Playoff Chances:
Dee's Team - Win or loss and within 93.25 of Queen LaDeefa
Smash Mouth Football - Win or loss and within 86.25 points of Queen LaDeefa
Queen LaDeefa - Win and outscore SmashMouth by 86.25 or Dee's by 93.25 with one of them losing
O-Rank All-Stars - Win and score like 300 points - and hope Dee's or Smash Mouth Loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
My game against this week is against the AWOL autodrafter - I'm in 100%.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
It's probably like 1 in 10,000 that you don't make it, but crazier things has happened - he has slowly made his team better and got 90 last week. If he gets to 100 and your team has an off week, well, anything can happen!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
My DE/CB game strong

Not seen: Greg Toler Ind - CB with 16.50 from my bench

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You're in one hell of a fight for 7th place. I feel bad that one of you can't make the playoffs with the way it's going.

I got 165.75 this week and have a 5th in points this week - insane all around. Pretty sure I'm going to lose. I'm up by 26.75 and combined I figure his 3 plays have a floor of 20 and most likely will end up somewhere around 30.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably come down to Jenkins, neither of the QBs tonight are really interception friendly, so not sure the CBs are gonna do all that much

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Saturday's news that Lavonte David was "expected to play" hosed me over, because I guess the Tampa Tribune is a bunch of liars. My match with the Big Scary Black Men is consequently really close and I'm gonna need Hussain to show up big time and keep Misi and Wake to no more than +10.

I'm especially salty because I would have put Collins in for David, and he had a really big game.

I mean... I'm already into the playoffs, but seeding matters.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Saturday's news that Lavonte David was "expected to play" hosed me over, because I guess the Tampa Tribune is a bunch of liars. My match with the Big Scary Black Men is consequently really close and I'm gonna need Hussain to show up big time and keep Misi and Wake to no more than +10.

I'm especially salty because I would have put Collins in for David, and he had a really big game.

I mean... I'm already into the playoffs, but seeding matters.

Noooooooooooooooooope. But don't feel bad, you didn't drop any.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah when the Jets decided to just run like 95% of their plays on the ground, I knew it was over. There were probably like 40 tackles in that game for the Miami D.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
4 wins in a row, 3 games over 155 points, and the highest scorer in the league 2 of those weeks. If that's not a hell of a playoff push I don't know what is, but it simply wasn't enough this time.

This league has gotten more and more fun as the season has progressed (it's fun to win, who'd have thought?!) and I'll be continuing to go for big points until the final week. Already looking forward to next year, too, with some modifications to the settings.

Good luck to the playoff teams!

EDIT: Shoutout to my Week 13 opponent O-Rank All Stars...third highest score of the week! That matchup came right down to the wire!

timp fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 2, 2014

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Even though I'm complete poo poo at this *spicy* *campers*, you're going down this weekend - only the mirage of Manti Teo saved you last time whoops wrong game but whatever. I'm the guy that knocked off Oliver, and I can't wait to do it again next week. No pressure at all, but I'm willing to put a $20 charitable donation on the line if you're game.

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 3, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I did a ranking of how likely each team is to win each week and by playoffs.

I used the last 4 weeks average score and set a base of 110 points. So if you scored 130 over the past 4 weeks on average then you got 20 points as your "power". I then calculated your chance to win as ratio of of your power vs. opponents power.

The way to read this is each's team chance of winning Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3. For example, Smash Mouth has an 8% chance of winning both Weeks 1 and 2 and making it to the championship game and a 3% chance of winning all 3 weeks.

pre:
| Team Name            | Power | Wk 1 | Wk 2 | Wk 3 |
+----------------------+-------+------+------+------+
| Chocolate Milk       |   44  | 100% |  56% |  31% |
| Oliver_Sak's Team    |   38  | 100% |  57% |  27% |
| *spicy* *campers*    |   44  |  71% |  35% |  20% |
| Dee's Team           |   37  |  71% |  35% |  17% |
| Smash Mouth Football |   18  |  29% |   8% |   3% |
| Immovable Objects    |   15  |  29% |   8% |   2% |

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hah!

Last week I started Lavonte David, who was listed officially as questionable and a misleading article said he would probably play. He's probably like the #1 LB in the league, but he got me a big fat donut.

Of course he was also sitting out in week 12.

Soooo, odds are pretty good that you can add ~10 or so points to my team average this week, compared to the previous two. Of course, anyone can get injured at any time! And, I wouldn't dispute that I'm a longshot to get through the first two weeks of the playoffs regardless.

That's a really interesting chart though, and thanks for putting it together.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaaaagh David nooooo

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
(self) Congrats to the bottom half of the playoff bracket for being the top 3 teams this week!

Is Oliver_Sak's on a downward spiral? The last 5 games have been a downward trend from a peak in Week 10. We'll see next week as he takes on Dee's team.

I get to bring back out the Mouth Guards to take on SmashMouth Football after he pulled out a season high 173.75 to knock off the *spicy* *campers* who put up their 2nd highest score of the season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My star player got hurt, and I only lost by six points, and if I'd played Robinson instead of any of my other LBs I'd have won. It hurts. It hurts a lot.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Turns out it that week 2 is reseeded instead of following first round of matches which completely screwed up my calculations and comments above.

Here I come Dee's! I squeaked out a win earlier this season by 3.5 (only 0.5 before stat corrections even) and I'm ready to do it again!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh for gently caress's sake, Lavonte David is playing? He had a concussion last week! Now he's gonna put 20 points on my bench because I didn't have time to check my players saturday night.

:negative:

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
my team: faaaaaaart

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
How bad are Yahoo's IDP status updates?

I just got a notification that Gerald McCoy had is status changed to Out.

After the game was over.

That he got credit for half a tackle in.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
It was updating you that he left the game - he was hurt in the 1st quarter.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Is it normal on Yahoo to do that? I always thought Out was for when they never even started the game, but I use ESPN for every other league.

I've got 3 players in the game tomorrow and I'm projected to be within 1 point of my opponent. Going to come down to the wire!

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, it's given me those in-game updates all year. Got one today when Joe Haden was announced as done for the day.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Aredna posted:

Is it normal on Yahoo to do that? I always thought Out was for when they never even started the game, but I use ESPN for every other league.

I've got 3 players in the game tomorrow and I'm projected to be within 1 point of my opponent. Going to come down to the wire!

My other leagues have basically been decided already so this is the only matchup of mine that is up in the air. It'll be a nail-biter during tonight's game :ohdear:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
What a week to have my 2nd lowest score of the season. I almost moved Warren in for Lofton as well with Lofton Questionable an hour before and not finding any solid updates... but I left it to fate.

Maybe I can get a pick 6 from someone in the last 4 minutes. *sigh*

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So even with David's points on my bench, I'd still have beaten any of you. That really close loss last week is still hurting.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
As close as some of this has been this year... next year should be quite interesting as everyone has learned so much throughout the year.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
what I learned this year:

don't trust anything Yahoo says

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What I learned: shut the gently caress up about chris borland
also a good matchup for your defensive guys is the opposite of a good matchup for offense; e.g., you want your guys to be on the losing team against a dominating running offense. It doesn't matter if they get scored on and lose the game, you just want more tackles more tackles more tackles, and the longer the defense spends on the field, the more tackles they can generate.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's no consolation bracket? I just... win 5th place, but I don't face the losers of the other quarterfinals? Huh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Congratulations, Dee's Team! You won!

I had 144 points this week, so it's a good thing none of you guys had to face me! Haha! :suicide:

No but seriously, this turned out to be surprisingly fun and I have to be happy with how well I did, considering before we started this league I had never paid any attention to IDP. Thanks for all of you who made it really tough but fun.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would like to stay in this league next and I promise I'll be at the draft!

Congrats to the winner

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

:toot:

I lucked out in my playoff run but I'm still proud of this because it's my only consolation for losing the championship in my real league. It was fun so I should be around to defend my title next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
Compton and Riley Jr. on my bench would have helped, but I got whooped in the final. Congrats, Dee.

• Locked thread