Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I thought, "Oh hey, maybe gigging for a YouTube video is a terribly idea" and then they lit their loving fists on fire.

When I was cutting myself in a backyard we didn't even have YouTube look at these spoiled kids :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8W012bKEQ Skip to 2:10 to see the finest escape from a figure four I've ever seen, 5:08 for a maneuver of some sort & 5:30 for some decent selling

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

How much mercury do these idiots expose themselves to with the flourescent light tube bumps?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jenkem Delivery posted:

How much mercury do these idiots expose themselves to with the flourescent light tube bumps?

Drake Weurtz and Solomon Crowe in nxt have probably worked a lot more light tube matches than the yard tards have and they seem ok, on the other hand there is jun kasai and necro butcher.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Byolante posted:

Drake Weurtz and Solomon Crowe in nxt have probably worked a lot more light tube matches than the yard tards have and they seem ok, on the other hand there is jun kasai and necro butcher.

Abdullah Kobayashi BITES fluorescent light tubes. If anyone's gonna get mercury poisoning, it's him.

meowthdotorg
Feb 11, 2015
I also really want to know where the light tubes come from. I have been wondering this for a while.

Especially in something like the CZW Tournament of Death, it looks like they would spend more money on light tubes then they make at the gate.

My guess is they are getting burnt-out lighttubes from somewhere and hoarding them up well in advance. If you knew someone who was maintenance at any large building there would probably be a steady supply.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

meowthdotorg posted:

I also really want to know where the light tubes come from. I have been wondering this for a while.

Especially in something like the CZW Tournament of Death, it looks like they would spend more money on light tubes then they make at the gate.

My guess is they are getting burnt-out lighttubes from somewhere and hoarding them up well in advance. If you knew someone who was maintenance at any large building there would probably be a steady supply.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

One time the place I backyarded found some disposed of lighttubes in a dumpster, and it looked to me like they checked that dumpster every couple of days to see what goodies were being thrown out. My assumption is just about any fed finds, scavenges, or knows someone to acquire the tubes. I doubt they're buying em.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Byolante posted:

Mercury is just one of the many chemicals flowing through Necro Butcher at any given time.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Who's that loving hard as nails middle aged Japanese guy who's just covered head to toe in crazy scars from doing insane deathmatches. That dude needs to win some kind of award for doing what he does as long as he does because I'm pretty sure he's actually a terminator.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Who's that loving hard as nails middle aged Japanese guy who's just covered head to toe in crazy scars from doing insane deathmatches. That dude needs to win some kind of award for doing what he does as long as he does because I'm pretty sure he's actually a terminator.

Probably Jun Kasai. The cool thing about a GIS for "Jun Kasai" is half the pictures are of him utterly covered in his own blood!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

El Estrago Bonito posted:

You've just described a solid 60% of the BJW roster.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I was apparently thinking of Masato Tanaka?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tanaka's still really good and can do more than deathmatch stuff. He had a nice run in NJPW in 2012-2013 and is currently one half of the Dangan Yankees with Takashi Sugiura in NOAH and Zero-1. Many consider them to be the best Heavyweight tag tem in Japan right now.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...tanaka-no_sport

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Thauros posted:

Tanaka's still really good and can do more than deathmatch stuff. He had a nice run in NJPW in 2012-2013 and is currently one half of the Dangan Yankees with Takashi Sugiura in NOAH and Zero-1. Many consider them to be the best Heavyweight tag tem in Japan right now.

Most people in the US know him from that match he had with Mike Awesome in ECW, though

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smoking Crow posted:

Most people in the US know him from that match he had with Mike Awesome in ECW, though

I would say its the match at one night stand with the really regretable commentary by joey styles

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Thauros posted:

Tanaka's still really good and can do more than deathmatch stuff. He had a nice run in NJPW in 2012-2013 and is currently one half of the Dangan Yankees with Takashi Sugiura in NOAH and Zero-1. Many consider them to be the best Heavyweight tag team in Japan right now.

Tanaka should, by all medical logic, be in a wheelchair with pudding for brains, and yet he's kept on trucking somehow. It's kind of amazing that he's still mobile and a good wrestler, given how beat up he must be at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

CombineThresher posted:

Tanaka should, by all medical logic, be in a wheelchair with pudding for brains, and yet he's kept on trucking somehow. It's kind of amazing that he's still mobile and a good wrestler, given how beat up he must be at this point.

They build 'em strong in Japan

• Locked thread