Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Problem description: Computer doesn't boot to bios every time, all fans turn on and leds are lit but nothing is going on.

Attempted fixes: I've removed all of the components, ram, video card, optical. It's not posting at all when in it's "dead" state.

--

System specs: Machine manufacturer/model number: ASRock H87M:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157384

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/No

This isn't my computer so I don't know what exactly caused the problem to begin with, it was just delivered to my door. The first attempt to fix it was just yanking all the components out and checking to see if it would post. It didn't. I put everything back together and the computer boots and works fine. It worked for a few days as the kids played Minecraft without problem. After a few days the thing poo poo itself; when powered on the only the fans are spinning. There is no activity from any components at all. Yanked all the stuff again and reseated and nothing. It's still not booting to the bios. I'm suspecting a failing motherboard and the reviews on that site seem to confirm my suspicions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Clear the CMOS via the jumper on the board, and if it has an rear end power supply replace that first, but yeah I agree the motherboard is probably bad.

• Locked thread