Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Magua hunt the white hair and wipe out his seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Narciss posted:

Don't let them hear you say that. :tinfoil: The dying pink forum uses every last breath in its dying body to counter claims of irrelevancy.

Narciss posted:

You're not including them, sure, but by acting like celebrating July 4th is the default, you're ostracizing those who don't celebrate July 4th by implying that they're not normal. Personally, I'm not going to start an argument with every American that does that, because it's not worth my time, but I can't blame people who do. Try to have a little empathy. Imagine you grew up in a predominantly non-American country (but not anti-American like Brazil), and have been systematically discriminated against for being American. When someone says "Happy Carnival" or whatever, does it not annoy you that they're assuming you're Brazilian, even though they know that some people are Americans? Is it not a week-long reminder that you're not normal, that you're weird, outcast, unwelcome in your own homeland? Because that's what it feels like for some Brazilians/English/Koreans/etc. around July 4th.

Maybe you should stop assuming things about strangers, and then they'll stop being offended when your assumptions are wrong. Then you won't be annoyed by them anymore and they won't be annoyed by you; win-loving-win.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

you're dumb as gently caress unironically

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Morkyz posted:

you're dumb as gently caress unironically

you're not, you're actually pretty drat cool in my book

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658464&userid=203806

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Twain said he hated Austen but if you read what he wrote about Cooper it's clear that he didn't really hate Austen. He savaged Cooper in one of the funniest reviews I can remember reading, I highly recommend that link if you've never read it before. The excerpt isn't even the most ridiculous passage in it.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

haha yikes

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Why can't everyone be nice and just talk about Mark Twain or the Indians he loathed? :(

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MegaGatts posted:

Why can't everyone be nice and just talk about Mark Twain or the Indians he loathed? :(

Maybe next you can take that baby-eating chucklefuck Jonathan Swift down a peg or two

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
You boys know who was a real jokester? Jesus.

That's right, but his punchline wasn't crude racism, it was "love thy neighbour and turn the other cheek."

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Fisticuffs posted:

Twain said he hated Austen but if you read what he wrote about Cooper it's clear that he didn't really hate Austen. He savaged Cooper in one of the funniest reviews I can remember reading, I highly recommend that link if you've never read it before. The excerpt isn't even the most ridiculous passage in it.

Looks like Cooper was a MRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

a connecticut yankee in king arthurs court is the best time travel novel

This is true, but unfortunately it accidentally destroyed the time travel genre because now everyone rips off Connecticut Yankee without understanding any of the satire.

• Locked thread