Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I just moved and my new roommates don't have any TV service. Honestly I haven't missed TV at all...until now. I purchased one of those indoor antennas for the "Digital HD Broadcasts" but it only picks up a single Spanish TV station. I saw DirecTV has Sunday service available to stream, but they only sell it to you if you are unable to get their TV service due to location. I need to see my Redskins but I'm out of ideas.

Are their streams available game days or is that :filez:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There are generally streams posted in GDTs, and if one isn't ask and someone will find one for you. You might want to check this thread out if you're willing to shell out some cash.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Where did you move, that you only get one channel? I think the major networks all still broadcast. I use an antenna in Chicago and I get probably 60 channels

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

football fuckerman posted:

Where did you move, that you only get one channel? I think the major networks all still broadcast. I use an antenna in Chicago and I get probably 60 channels

I'm in freaking NoVA, I can't believe I don't get any reception.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I usually toss up any of the stream links I can find and already have a hd stream of redzone lined up for the season. I don't have cable either so its the only way I can watch too.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Just The Facts posted:

I just moved and my new roommates don't have any TV service. Honestly I haven't missed TV at all...until now. I purchased one of those indoor antennas for the "Digital HD Broadcasts" but it only picks up a single Spanish TV station. I saw DirecTV has Sunday service available to stream, but they only sell it to you if you are unable to get their TV service due to location. I need to see my Redskins but I'm out of ideas.

Are their streams available game days or is that :filez:?

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/american-football.html

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

http://slipstream-tv.blogspot.com/

http://atdee.net/

http://www.usagoals.tv/

http://www.coolsport.tv/schedule.html

General catchall: http://forum.wiziwig.eu/

That should cover most games in most places. HD streams show up from time to time and people post links to them.

Make sure you have AdBlock+ installed or they'll be unwatchable.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Streams for the stream god. Buffering for the buffer throne.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I have been cable free for ~3 years now. Paying to watch commercials is silly IMO. I have a digital antenna for the basics and use streaming services for the rest, along with streaming sites for live sports.

The above list of streaming sites is good.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

That should cover most games in most places. HD streams show up from time to time and people post links to them.

Make sure you have AdBlock+ installed or they'll be unwatchable.

Wow, thanks a lot!

Chinatown posted:

I have been cable free for ~3 years now. Paying to watch commercials is silly IMO. I have a digital antenna for the basics and use streaming services for the rest, along with streaming sites for live sports.

The above list of streaming sites is good.

Yeah, live sports is the only thing I miss, but gently caress paying $350 for a service to watch my own city's team.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Just The Facts posted:

I'm in freaking NoVA, I can't believe I don't get any reception.

http://www.antennaweb.org/

Will tell you what you need.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Enjoy the thrill of being a few minutes behind the GDT and prepping to see something either awesome or heartbreaking when you see the page count jump.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Enjoy the thrill of being a few minutes behind the GDT and prepping to see something either awesome or heartbreaking when you see the page count jump.

This is unironically awesome though

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
watch football in a bar with other people you loving nerd

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I'm going to be in Hawaii for week 2, do bars open at 6 in the morning to show the games there?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

OSheaman posted:

Bad opinion. Sports bars are universally awful.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bad opinion. Sports bars are universally awful.

No I mean your local neighborhood dive bar where the bartender knows your name and you don't pay for your drinks

Do they not have those in Baltimore?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Sports bars also aren't all awful, that's ridiculous

Depending on what team you want to see, there are often bars dedicated to that team even far from their area. I watched lots of Browns games at the hideaway in Denver and it's a great experience if the crowds are good

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

OSheaman posted:

If you have sports bars that aren't BW3 or Old Chicago in your locality I envy you.

EDIT: If anyone knows any decent, affordable sports bars in Lincoln, Nebraska I'd appreciate you telling me right now.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

OSheaman posted:

No I mean your local neighborhood dive bar where the bartender knows your name and you don't pay for your drinks

I'm pretty sure most bars make you pay for your drinks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also even the "local divey bars" if they have a reputation for being a place where fans gather get overrun. I used to go to a bar all the time but once football season rolls around I never even bother on Sunday's. Just overcrowded and annoying.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OSheaman posted:

Got a free Fireball shot tonight if that counts. I usually chill with the bartenders for SNF games and usually go shot-for-shot.

Shes cute and I have money/no shame so its a good matchup. :feelsgood:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

OSheaman posted:

When the Broncos are having a poo poo season I find it cheaper to go to a bar to watch the games not playing where I currently live (ATL) it's cheaper than paying for DirectTV's NFL ticket. Plus you get bar food. Luckily they've been on most of their games for the past 3 years because they draw a crowd. When Pey Pey retires they'll go back to being poo poo and I'll start going back to my local bar.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I also recommend getting NoScript if you don't have it and getting used to using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I don't need another excuse to drink on the weekend :(

• Locked thread