Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
agwho
Aug 25, 2009
I'd kill myself too, if my roommate made chilli as poorly as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Good on you for adding chocolate to it. It's actually great in chili and a lot of other dishes. And I like chili with ground beef, no beans please!

Sorry your room mate died or whatever lol

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
chili would have been fine if you'd just put some goddamn beans in it.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I judge people solely on their opinions on beans and chili

protip: if you like loving beans in your chili you put them in separately AFTERWARDS

IF YOU DONT KNOW THIS YOU loving SUCK, MAYBE GET A GLASS OF BRITA??

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
btw im not superstitious but I'd probably have thrown the beef away just because

also some people need therapists, but just from seeing one body? anyways the OP seems to be handling it well, or at least handling it anyways. I like therapists as much as I like stand up. it loses something when its done professionally, with very few exceptions

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bad chili is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for roommates to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know it's often much harder on the roommate than it is on the victim's family. However, I also know it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of beef for the rest of your life.

You can move past, and put some goddamn beans in it next time.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

i hope you enjoyed your death meat, op

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
mod please add a poll to this thread. have it say "is it ok to put beans in chili" options are yes, no, eat beans out of goku rear end in a top hat

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
bean squad reppin

seeing a therapist over one dead body is bush league. I had to stand through an entire lecture on emergency preparedness in a room with 12 cadavers. I had chili later that day.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

logical phalluses posted:

mod please add a poll to this thread. have it say "is it ok to put beans in chili" options are yes

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol this thread

suprised nobody has pointed out yet that kamchatka is not an alcoholic beverage but actually a region in russia. what was he actually drinking??? kombucha is nonalcoholic so it would be pretty hilarious if he died from it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mod please add a poll to this thread. have it say "is it ok to put beans in chili" options are yes, no, eat beans out of goku rear end in a top hat

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012

Chili made with ground beef sucks dicks kind of hard and I'm never making it again. Thanks a lot shitbirds.

yeah cuz when you make chili out of lovely lean ground beef you're supposed to load it the gently caress up with beans so that it at least has some loving substance to it instead of being Grainy Red Bullshit Stew what is this loving amateur hour

e: i am Mad As Hell that you made lovely chili

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shouldnt the OP have a cook out to entice new roommates?

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

lol this thread

suprised nobody has pointed out yet that kamchatka is not an alcoholic beverage but actually a region in russia. what was he actually drinking??? kombucha is nonalcoholic so it would be pretty hilarious if he died from it.

It is an extremely cheap brand of vodka.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Should've made meat sauce, dumbass.

Maybe a hundred tacos.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
have you eaten the goddamn meat yet?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

lol this thread

It wasn't just the drink, it was also the guy slitting his wrists in the tub that did it.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

have you eaten the goddamn meat yet?

if you can call that eating

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I think your chili could have done with some beans in it tbh OP

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
now on to the real suicide

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
♫ Leaving you a blood trail
And beef for your next meal ♫

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
bean lovers

would you really disparage a real man from trying to maximize his daily meat intake? ask yourself this before you cry into the cold side of your pillow at night

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed. also, feed your dog heavy cream, until it dies

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

beef makes my farts smelley and beans make them voluminous

so yes both pls

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I would eat that chili and then poo poo it all over your dead roommate's bed, in remembrance

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

be sure to tell his family that when you tried to fish him out of the tub to perform CPR he evacuated his bowels

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
i didnt read the thrad, did op eat the dead man beef?

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
a nigga who cook no beans in he own chilli, shameful nigga

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

the meat is thawed and split into two blocks

OPs fingers tingle with intensity as the shape of Al Roker's buttcheeks emerge

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

why is the beans/nobeans argument a thing. who cares

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Bcuz if not everybody validates your opinion that means you are wrong

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
What do you guys think about potatoes in chili? I like it.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Al Borland posted:

What do you guys think about potatoes in chili? I like it.

This is my favorite chili recipe:

2 pounds lean ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 cups red wine
2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
3 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet, brown beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; set aside.

In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender; add about 1/2 cup of wine; mix well.

Add mushrooms, rosemary, oregano and thyme to skillet and add another 1/2 cup wine; saute until tender.

Add browned meat, tomato sauce and tomato paste to mixture; simmer for 1 hour and add the remaining 2 cups of wine.
Simmer chili on low for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally; serve.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 3, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Demonachizer posted:

1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 cups red wine

In a large skillet, brown beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; set aside.

In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender; add about 1/2 cup of wine; mix well.

Add mushrooms, rosemary, oregano and thyme to skillet and add another 1/2 cup wine; saute until tender.

Add browned meat, tomato sauce and tomato paste to mixture; simmer for 1 hour and add the remaining 2 cups of wine.

This recipe is not good! Nobody listen to this person!

Last year was a record-breaking year for high-proof alcohol sales in Ohio. And the leader of the pack was Kamchatka Vodka. It beat out Jack Daniels, Bacardi and Smirnoff. But Kamchtka Vodka has virtually no name recognition.

Copyright © 2011 NPR. For personal, noncommercial use only. See Terms of Use. For other uses, prior permission required.

STEVE INSKEEP, host:

By the way, bison vodka is on its way to the United States. It's a Polish national drink made from the grass that bison eat. Until recently, it was banned from the United States because of a potentially toxic chemical in the grass. But the Wall Street Journal reports a Polish distiller has found a way to remove the chemical.

And we have a follow-up story on another brand of vodka. Our last word in business today is Kamchatka vodka. We told you yesterday that it's the top-selling liquor in Ohio, where hard-liquor sales set a record last year. And that surprised some people who'd never heard of Kamchatka vodka.

David "Cricket" Shaw, of the Library Bar in Columbus, Ohio, says you might drink it without knowing it.

Mr. DAVID SHAW (Owner, Library Bar): Say you just walk into a place and you just order a cranberry and vodka, youre getting that. Usually, its the house -or the well, they call it.

INSKEEP: Kamchatka vodka is named after a Russian peninsula that sticks out into the Pacific Ocean, but it is actually distilled in Kentucky.

Mr. SHAW: Saying it's good may be an overstatement; you don't do shots with it. It's a mixer.

INSKEEP: OK, so it's not the taste. Shaw says other vodkas - like Grey Goose - would ruin him. They're more than $20 a bottle. Kamchatka is about $6.50.

That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.

RENEE MONTAGNE, host:

And I'm Renee Montagne.

Copyright © 2011 NPR. All rights reserved. No quotes from the materials contained herein may be used in any media without attribution to NPR. This transcript is provided for personal, noncommercial use only, pursuant to our Terms of Use. Any other use requires NPR's prior permission. Visit our permissions page for further information.

NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.

twoday fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 3, 2014

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Demonachizer posted:

1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 cups red wine

That is practically bolognese.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Would all you bean/no bean idiots shut up and realize that if the dead man had left dead man's beans behind, they would have gone in the pot? No dead man's beans, no beans at all. Jesus.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Demonachizer posted:

1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 cups red wine

looks p good - i like to take a different approach to chili though

25g/1oz butter
150g/5˝oz shallots, peeled but left whole
5 garlic cloves, crushed
150g/5˝oz streaky bacon, cut thickly
sprig of fresh thyme or a good pinch of dried
350g/12˝oz button mushrooms
500g red kidney beans, drained
500ml/16˝fl oz good red wine
500ml/16˝fl oz chicken stock
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 free range chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces, on the bone but skin removed (or 6 chicken thighs)
small bunch flatleaf parsley, chopped
salt and crushed black pepper

Heat a thick-bottomed casserole dish on the stove, add almost all the butter (reserving a knob of the butter) and the shallots. Cook until just browned; then stir in the garlic. Add the bacon and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes.

Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and add the red wine, chicken stock, beans and vinegar. Add the chicken pieces, bring the sauce to the boil and then simmer gently for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. For a thicker sauce, remove the chicken once it is cooked and keep warm. Cook the sauce over a high heat for a few minutes until the volume of liquid has reduced. Return the chicken back to the pan.

Add the parsley, together with the reserved knob of butter. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve with a dressed green salad and olive oil mash or crusty bread.

don't think it's as hot as yours though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Okay, I want to clarify two things here:

First off, they make knives with really big saw teeth specifically for cutting frozen meat.

Secondly, beans in chili is a northern/midwestern thing. They really don't belong in a traditional chili, but they've come to be accepted as standard in a lot of regions. I like them because they're a cheap way to add volume to the dish.

• Locked thread