Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

timp posted:

This poo poo's hard, lol

EDIT: Oh poo poo, apparently I'm doing better since the last time I checked...but it still feels like a crapshoot at this point in the season
It often is something of a crapshoot, even more than normal fantasy football. That's especially true early in the season, before we get a better sense of which teams/players are legitimately good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My "get all Raiders players" strat seems to be the correct early call, at least.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Too bad no one had the Bucs defense tonight...

I did in a normal league and somehow they didn't kill me because fumbles and a pick six but boy howdy 122 is one of the highest point totals I've ever seen in a bizarro league

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Thought I was being so clever picking up Charlie Whitehurst for today. He got a decent 44.5 points, while Geno Smith put up 128.3 on my bench. :(

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Vogon Poet posted:

Thought I was being so clever picking up Charlie Whitehurst for today. He got a decent 44.5 points, while Geno Smith put up 128.3 on my bench. :(

I thought benching Kirk Cousins would come back to bite you! Little did we know...

Btw god bless the Tennessee Titans defense and are lord The Footba'al God

e: Bortles is being very not terrible already, this does not bode well!

e2: oh my God I just barely eked it out. somehow bortles managed to almost break even

uublog fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 29, 2014

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oh man, I'm having some beginner's luck in this league. Just blindly running Oakland, 4-0, but nowhere near the highest score.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I felt so confident after the Redskins put up 99 points on Thursday. Who would have known that this was the week all my players would decide to be competent. :smith:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm gonna blow my entire FAAB budget by like week 10 :ohdear:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
of course i'm playing the guy that picked up ponder :suicide:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

angrygodofjebus posted:

Dont worry, it's getting worse.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Darko posted:

Dont worry, it's getting worse.

And I started Lacy who hadn't rushed for over 50 yards in a game yet this year. Only 300 points down right now!!!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

angrygodofjebus posted:

Fun fact: I got him into my lineup literally a minute before the game started

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Fun stats from the weekly scoring leaders page: Members of the Vikings (including players, head coach, and D/ST unit - the latter two of which I started :hellyeah:) totaled 576.6 fantasy points. Members of the Packers totaled -219.2.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Ahaha Geno Smith 2/8 for 5 yards and 3 INTs, 100.5 fantasy points in the first 10:20 of the game. Too bad he will probably get pulled now.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Vogon Poet posted:

Ahaha Geno Smith 2/8 for 5 yards and 3 INTs, 100.5 fantasy points in the first 10:20 of the game. Too bad he will probably get pulled now.

Oh Geno, if only you hadn't sucked so much so quickly. Vick replaced him and scored 181.8 fantasy points - on my bench. :negative:

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Vogon Poet posted:

Oh Geno, if only you hadn't sucked so much so quickly. Vick replaced him and scored 181.8 fantasy points - on my bench. :negative:

Yeah, that's some awful luck. Geno was too lovely too quickly.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I like this league a lot but I am very consistently bad at it :(

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I sure do love when the team to outscore me in a given week is the one that beat me! God dammit Colts defense...

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Wow. I just noticed that not only is Geno Smith the top scoring QB in the league so far by more than 300 fantasy points, but Michael Vick is the second highest scoring QB despite only receiving meaningful playing time in two games. :stare: Glad I picked up Vick as a handcuff for Geno!

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Looks like I picked a good week to grab Andy Dalton and start him.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Tavarin posted:

:stare:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Tavarin posted:

lol

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oh, Cam Newton. Backwards football MVP.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Every week I have one player that does really well out of nowhere :smith:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Tavarin posted:

I can't believe how close our matchup ended up being. If the Jets would have lost like they always do I would have come out on top.

But since this league is all about rewarding lovely performance, you deserve the W for having Andy Dalton alone.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

timp posted:

I can't believe how close our matchup ended up being. If the Jets would have lost like they always do I would have come out on top.

But since this league is all about rewarding lovely performance, you deserve the W for having Andy Dalton alone.

Yeah, the Bears defense did their best to make our matchup interesting.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

These have to be the closest standings at this point in the season that I've ever seen. Third through tenth place are all either 5-5 or 4-6.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vogon Poet posted:

These have to be the closest standings at this point in the season that I've ever seen. Third through tenth place are all either 5-5 or 4-6.

It is amazing how bad my team has been and yet I'm still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :toot:

I plan on taking care of that over the next couple weeks though :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vogon Poet posted:

I guess there was some kind of stat adjustment because this isn't the case anymore :smithicide:

Looking at the stat corrections I can't figure out why the score changed though

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vogon Poet posted:

For you guys that aren't in first place, maybe!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

only the jets defense could let robert woods get points. god damnit

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Both match-ups between the Ron Turner All Stars and the Dan Snyder All Stars this season have ended with both teams in the negative. It was Joe Flacco and Teddy Bridgewater to put us into the negative in Week 4 in an exciting -101.4 to -141.4 match-up, while Tre Mason and Coby Fleener had big weeks in a -15.1 to -55.6 match-up this week.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Tavarin posted:

Both match-ups between the Ron Turner All Stars and the Dan Snyder All Stars this season have ended with both teams in the negative. It was Joe Flacco and Teddy Bridgewater to put us into the negative in Week 4 in an exciting -101.4 to -141.4 match-up, while Tre Mason and Coby Fleener had big weeks in a -15.1 to -55.6 match-up this week.
That's hilarious.

Last week of the regular season now, and although four teams are a single game out of fourth place, due to the points tiebreaker only Beavis and Buttfumble have much of a shot at getting into the playoffs. That would require a win, a loss by Method Manning Face, and outscoring Method Manning Face by at least 162.2 points this week. Also, NFL Drug Policy has the opportunity to become the first team in the league's four year history with 11 regular season wins.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'd like to spread my Player of the Week trophy among Blake Bortles, Greg the Leg, and Derek Carr. You've all been a godsend.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

uublog posted:

I'd like to spread my Player of the Week trophy among Blake Bortles, Greg the Leg, and Derek Carr. You've all been a godsend.

Missing an extra point and 28 and 38 yard field goals all in the same game is a legendary bad performance, wow.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

With no players left in the championship matchup, congrats to team NFL Drug Policy for being this season's champions!

Even though it was only for third place, I'm glad I got the chance to call on Ryan Lindley as my starting QB. He came through with an amazing 214 fantasy points. Lindley now has five career starts, and looking back at the 2012 season box scores, his results for those five games have been:

31/52 for 312 yards, 6.0 YPA, 0 TD, 4 INT, 87.7 fantasy points
10/31 for 72 yards, 2.3 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 206 fantasy points
14/21 for 104 yards, 5.0 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 53.6 fantasy points
17/30 for 141 yards, 4.7 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 91.5 fantasy points
18/44 for 216 yards, 4.9 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 214 fantasy points

When Ryan Lindley starts a game, he averages 130.6 fantasy points, so a full season of this would score about twice as many points as the top player in the league this season. Conclusion: Ryan Lindley Owns (at sucking).

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Vogon Poet posted:

With no players left in the championship matchup, congrats to team NFL Drug Policy for being this season's champions!

Even though it was only for third place, I'm glad I got the chance to call on Ryan Lindley as my starting QB. He came through with an amazing 214 fantasy points. Lindley now has five career starts, and looking back at the 2012 season box scores, his results for those five games have been:

31/52 for 312 yards, 6.0 YPA, 0 TD, 4 INT, 87.7 fantasy points
10/31 for 72 yards, 2.3 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 206 fantasy points
14/21 for 104 yards, 5.0 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 53.6 fantasy points
17/30 for 141 yards, 4.7 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 91.5 fantasy points
18/44 for 216 yards, 4.9 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT, 214 fantasy points

When Ryan Lindley starts a game, he averages 130.6 fantasy points, so a full season of this would score about twice as many points as the top player in the league this season. Conclusion: Ryan Lindley Owns (at sucking).

gently caress, I definitely should have picked him up rather than hedging my bets in the off-chance of Bortles not starting. I mean Bortles was bad enough, it was more the Chiefs being poo poo that did me in. I also should have picked up another bad defense! Lastly, gently caress Riley Cooper. Again. Still. Always.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Hahaha poo poo I wish this went to Week 17 because god drat I'd love to pick up and start Logan Thomas here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, first time luck for me, as usual. Fun league, guys.

• Locked thread