Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Lichy posted:

I eagerly await the time when Japanese cartoon lovers will be exiled from the forums

first they came for our snacks, and i said "return our snacks!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

I like how everything in anime is intricately drawn, like houses, cars, landscapes, etc. then you get to the anime face and it's two googly eyes, a triangle nose, and a line for a mouth.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Howdges posted:

I like how everything in anime is intricately drawn, like houses, cars, landscapes, etc. then you get to the anime face and it's two googly eyes, a triangle nose, and a line for a mouth.

the all-seeing eye on the back of a one dollar bill is :goatse.cx:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

NurhacisUrn posted:

Is it the viewer's discretion what to watch? Because for every Space Dandy or Full Metal Alchemist, there are fifty poo poo animes.

this whole "anime is poo poo but [my anime of preference] is the exception" meme needs to stop. literally all anime is bad

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Verisimilidude posted:

this whole "anime is poo poo but [my anime of preference] is the exception" meme needs to stop. literally all anime is bad

bad is not good enough. which, iyho, is the best of the worst?

i like excel saga.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they just need to make all self driving cars in the future blast anime.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
anime is for faggots so count me in op :)

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Howdges posted:

I'm going to list anime I enjoyed. here they are: kill la kill, ergo proxy, legend of the galactic heroes, gurren lagann. still a little wet behind the ears if you know what I mean
lol you haven't even watched akira?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Verisimilidude posted:

this whole "anime is poo poo but [my anime of preference] is the exception" meme needs to stop. literally all anime is cool and good

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm serious give me anime av

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Professor Tomtom posted:

I'm serious give me anime av

If I could I'd give you this fine one of Craig and Tweak.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Typical baka librul uba-state regulations! Arigato Obama-sama! :freep:

much better

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
deeeeamn, purezzusama!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Harrower posted:

Does playing video games count?

only if they're japanese.

anime and vidya will be the law after 4chan takes control of the government

at the check-in desk at the re-education camps every inmate will be given a body pillow of their chosen waifu, a PS Vita, and a subscription to cruncyroll

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

The horror...the horror...

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

anime is the epitome of rape culture hth

i imagine tumblr would be opposed to anime but then they found shoujo and yaoi/yuri poo poo and within like a week the place was beyond saving. poo poo spread faster than ebola

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i have my party affiliation listed as anime so i can vote on best final fantasy character in the primaries

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Tweet Me Balls posted:

i have my party affiliation listed as anime so i can vote on best final fantasy character in the primaries

cefca or gtfo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Moola posted:

Korea is cool japan isn't

korea is literally a smaller japan except 15 years behind developmentally. in 15 years you'll be reading about the epidemic of unemployed korean 30 year old refusing to have sex and instead buying anime and body pillows and the impending demographic doom of the korean nation. and then 20 years after that the same thing with china

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

korea also has incredibly boring cities.

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

Prettz posted:

lol you haven't even watched akira?

oh I wasn't doing movies. wasn't a huge fan of it honestly

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Prettz posted:

korea also has incredibly boring cities.

isn't that true of japan too tho? from what i can tell literally every single building in east asia is a grey concrete-and-glass apartment or office tower

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

Make AIDs injections for anime fans mandatory instead op

it's like i just can't lose with this thread

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
this is how i feel about anime and getting aids combined into one

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

icantfindaname posted:

isn't that true of japan too tho? from what i can tell literally every single building in east asia is a grey concrete-and-glass apartment or office tower
tokyo is amazing to look at. visiting there is on my bucket list, if only to just look at the city. most south korean cities look disturbingly like pyongyang, what with the white commie block apartments all over.

this is off topic, though. it has nothing to do with anime.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Pokemon is my favorite anime

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

watching this show should be mandatory

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

"Anime" is just shorthand for "Japanese cartoons," right?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

CaptainSarcastic posted:

you're thinking of japanime

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Not quite captain sarcastic

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No it's shorthand for unwatchable pedophilic dogshit but that gets a bit cumbersome to write after awhile

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Prettz posted:

much better

Mods?

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
it's good for population control. so potent at imposing virginity that japan is literally killing itself out of shame just like in the cartoons. maybe real life is the actual anime

Neat Machine fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 26, 2014

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Which is the anime where they go to America but the only English they know is taken from old action movies so they unintentionally piss off everyone they meet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

CaptainSarcastic posted:

the "ga" syllable is prefixed with an "n" sound if it occurs in the middle of a string, much like the "h" is omitted in proper english if it begins a word.

"mangazine" is japanese for an ammo clip.

• Locked thread