Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

Check it. Namco-Bandai collaborating with Nintendo on a second fighting game, but this one's Pokemon beating eachother up Tekken-style.

Hitting Japanese arcades in January 2015, no date for a home release yet but you can probably assume there's going to be one since we got a trailer in english for the game.

Pokemon featured on artwork for the game so far, and possibly in the roster:

- Machamp
- Lucario
- Dragonite
- Blaziken
- Hawlucha
- Jynx

I'm sure there'll be a ton more, and it doesn't seem restricted to Fighting types or anything.

Thought this was worth it's own thread since it's potentially quite a bit bigger and more widely appealing than most Pokemon spinoffs tend to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Machamp and Hawlucha are the best picks. All I need to see is Squirtle or Blastoise and i'm on board.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm imagining this game, except with a 3D overworld, every Pokemon, and instead of controlling the Pokemon directly the have an AI that you nuture and guide through verbal commands. It will never happen.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
My immediate reaction to Greninja being in Smash Bros. was "if Nintendo wants to over-saturate the roster with Pokemon, they can go make a Pokemon fighting game."

This must be some sort of universal response to that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hawlucha! Okay i'm excited for this now! :neckbeard:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Ditto for instant mirror matches!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Revitalized posted:

Ditto for instant mirror matches!

That would be pretty good, as long it always has the weird ditto face no matter who it copies.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hariyama please. But no Gengar, because nobody would ever be able to hit him.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Nintendo, I know you're reading this. Put Marowak in this thing so I can Bone Rush some nerds.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Seeing as Mega Lucario was able to Mega Evolve in the video, I'm gonna guess that pretty much any Mega Pokemon that stands upright will probably be in this. Expect Heracross, Lopunny, Medicham, and Scizor for sure. It'd be cool to see Kangaskhan too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mabels big day posted:

Seeing as Mega Lucario was able to Mega Evolve in the video, I'm gonna guess that pretty much any Mega Pokemon that stands upright will probably be in this. Expect Heracross, Lopunny, Medicham, and Scizor for sure. It'd be cool to see Kangaskhan too.

This seems like a pretty safe bet. I think Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are also shoo-ins, Hitmontop would be a cool character as well. All the iconic 'fighting' characters that fit the humanoid rig would be pretty easy to bring in.

I want a Sawk and Throh tag-team.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Kelp Plankton posted:

That would be pretty good, as long it always has the weird ditto face no matter who it copies.

This would be great, but instead of mirror matches Ditto should be kind of like Charade from SC2 and change forms to a random fighter between rounds.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Oh my god, the possibilities. YES YES YES

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I've always wanted a Pokemon fighting game, hopefully it'll be a smooth transition when Smash comes out- they start slowly revealing the roster for Pokken.
Speaking of, here are some of my picks for the game:

I've always wanted Blastoise in Smash, I think all these guys are fit for fighting despite not being fighting type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No ampharos no buy :colbert:

• Locked thread