Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevryn
Mar 7, 2002

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
I'd like to get into some FOOTBALL!!! tailgating this year and I'm curious to see how other people have their TV situation set up.

Specifically, I have questions about how to power it. I have a 37" Samsung LCD I'd like to use and ideally would like to find a rechargeable generate that will let me power it for ~5-6 hours. I'd also be open to getting a gas generator if that's a better deal. I think I could probably rent one, too, I'd just need to know what appropriate size to get.

Also, I'd need a signal. My initial idea was to just get an OTA antenna to catch whatever was on the local networks (I'm in Tempe, AZ, so tailgating for ASU games) but I'd love to hear how everyone else parties. If it matters, I have a 2014 Nissan Xterra that I could potentially run all of this out of as well and just have someone else jump me when the battery died but I don't know how long I can reasonable expect that to last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Sevryn posted:

Also, I'd need a signal. My initial idea was to just get an OTA antenna to catch whatever was on the local networks (I'm in Tempe, AZ, so tailgating for ASU games) but I'd love to hear how everyone else parties. If it matters, I have a 2014 Nissan Xterra that I could potentially run all of this out of as well and just have someone else jump me when the battery died but I don't know how long I can reasonable expect that to last.

An OTA antenna will work fine for the games that are on the national networks (CBS/ABC/NBC/FOX) and you'll still be able to get the HD feeds. If you want ESPN get directv/dish and a spare dish (this is probably not a reasonable thing to do if you don't already have satellite tv). From what I've seen gas generators seem to be used (at least at the places I tailgate) a lot more than the rechargeable ones but I don't personally know which is better.

• Locked thread