Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
sounds good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

marathon was a better game than doom

lol no

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

marathon was a better game than doom

this is some bullshit garbage mac people told themselves to make themselves feel better. it's on par with "The Megahertz Myth." Everyone knows its bullshit, including the people who made it up, but it makes people feel better and PC people didn't care what lies Apple told it's four customers because lmao Apple in the 90s hahahaaa

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

there was a mac port of doom, so why the us vs them mentality?

good game is a good game.

like lets play doom because it's still a good game

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

daft punk railroad posted:

[colin mochrie voice] six hundred MAP01 edits on three CDs

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Egan Yardley posted:

yeah the anxiety of loading up a new wad, not knowing what its gonna be, then screenwipe to 5 cybers assfucking you the second you spawn in a 1024x1024 room with 0 brightness and trees as structural features

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/cranky/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

cranky steves was why i started loving SA

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rotor posted:

when lowtax had left planetquake i asked him over email where cranky steves went and he pointed me to sa :swoon:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Egan Yardley posted:

yeah the anxiety of loading up trees, not knowing what you gonna be, then screenwipe to 5 asswads cyberfucking you

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

rotor posted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

pagancow posted:

there was a mac port of doom, so why the us vs them mentality?

good game is a good game.

like lets play doom because it's still a good game

because most mac systems at the rough time period still couldn't run doom well but could run marathon ok.

and also because the pc versions that came out of the later marathon games tanked hard since they were putting up Marathon 2 for PC in September 1996 when the full version of Quake for PC had come out in June.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

rotor posted:

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulgrim
Aug 29, 2014

by Ralp

echinopsis posted: