Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Mixodorian posted:

Aphex Twin hasn't released an album in 13 years lmao. We'll see about him in a month when his new album drops. Boards of Canada's last two albums have been junk. Autechre is legit good tho I'll concede to that.

he's put out a bunch just not under that name, though. and the tuss is some of his best work imo. plus you talk about influence: everything before drukqs accounts for most all of his pioneering and legacy.

last two boc might have been bad, but they were already popular before those came out. that doesn't detract from their influence. does that mean the bob dylan christmas album negates all of his previous efforts and influence because it blows?

(and nice c74 av btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Orkin Mang posted:

wtf i thought cheeseburgers in paradise were parody lyrics invented on south park

educate yourself, margaritaville was his probably his best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k

Seriously if goons hate Jimmy Buffet I don't know what to say. Dude just singin' about eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer and margaritas and what not while chillin at the beach. Probably hate it because it involves drinkin and eatin in a social setting. Cuz goons love to eat and drink by themselves.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

are you like 50

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
jimmy buffet was a visionary in terms of figuring out how to continually market a lifestyle brand to baby boomers as they left the key demo, arguably only the grateful dead and fox news are on his level

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
also a pirate looks at 40 is his best song

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Davincie posted:

are you like 50

nope, classic who gives a poo poo background music.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
there's a college humor video called gently caress england but when you youtube search for it, you actually get some pretty deranged videos

edit: I was just going to post this: http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6978399/fk-you-england#!bLl6RL

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Mixodorian posted:

We also gave you ungrateful fucks:

Stevie Wonder
Marvin Gaye

Bob Dylan

Jimi Hendrix

and many, many more

Edited your list to represent the ones that made it across the Atlantic.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The best artist is Jeff Mangum, and he's from America so suck it other countries you suck dikc

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

pfs Write posted:

he's put out a bunch just not under that name, though. and the tuss is some of his best work imo. plus you talk about influence: everything before drukqs accounts for most all of his pioneering and legacy.

last two boc might have been bad, but they were already popular before those came out. that doesn't detract from their influence. does that mean the bob dylan christmas album negates all of his previous efforts and influence because it blows?

(and nice c74 av btw)
dylan should have died in that motorcycle accident. for the sake of his legacy

the fact our lovely little island is comparable (better) in terms of musical output to your giant country means we're way more talented on average qed

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I mean the only other major english speaking countries are Canada and australia and that last one is in like mars so it make sense that England would have a chunk of the music thing.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

die antwoord aren't music they just make good videos

makes sense considering they're just performance artists pretending to be rappers

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

pfs Write posted:

(and nice c74 av btw)

I forgot about the Tuss, that was good. I know he actually just confirmed Melodies from Mars was him too. I'm being harsh on old Dick for fun hahaha. Music has the Right to Children is top 10 albums for me too.

I can't deny that I love just about every artist on Warp. Bibio is one of my fav dudes going. England has the best electronic music output for sure tho.

I'm ashamed I can't even keep my own threads gimmick going. Can't talk bad about music I love.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mixodorian posted:

England has the best electronic music output for sure tho.
Netherlands' output is at least as good if not better considering its size imo.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
yeah my bad i got all serious on it too

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
even our national songs are stolen and sampled, we're loving pros at this poo poo

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Netherlands' output is at least as good if not better considering its size imo.

If this was all objective enough that we could account for size, I bet Jamaica would be pretty up there too.

and pfs Write it is okay I understand. I would've prob made the same post if I didn't make the thread myself lol.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the best part about brit musicians is they all sing with american accents lol checkmate bitch

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

the culminator posted:

I mean the only other major english speaking countries are Canada and australia and that last one is in like mars so it make sense that England would have a chunk of the music thing.

Nothing in Canada outside of environmental disasters can be described as "major."

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
which one owns the franchise rights to david bowie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sloppo posted:

which one owns the franchise rights to david bowie?

mars, duh

• Locked thread