Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

Man I watched this again this time with volume so I could hear more of what was going on and it just gets more ridiculous. The guy who asks him why he think it's funny, the accusatory "why are we here" at the end as if it's not obvious they just didn't get duped by some clown into harassing someone. The way the cop nonchalantly just picks up the guys phone and starts going through it while he's cuffed, are they even allowed to do that?

He's not aware he's being recorded. I'm sure he wouldn't do that if he did know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

ArbitraryC posted:

Man I watched this again this time with volume so I could hear more of what was going on and it just gets more ridiculous. The guy who asks him why he think it's funny, the accusatory "why are we here" at the end as if it's not obvious they just didn't get duped by some clown into harassing someone. The way the cop nonchalantly just picks up the guys phone and starts going through it while he's cuffed, are they even allowed to do that?

If it's not locked with a password, absolutely. Though, in the cops defense, we was probably making sure it wasn't that guy that made the call into the police.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Solvency posted:

If it's not locked with a password, absolutely. Though, in the cops defense, we was probably making sure it wasn't that guy that made the call into the police.

That's exactly what he was doing. I mean they just got called into a hostage situation with a dead victim and a shooter at large, I don't think it is out of line to maybe check the phone of the one dude on the scene.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Solvency posted:

They're supposed to have a warrant to search a cell phone... Unless they say they don't need one, of course.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/supreme-court-cell-phones/

quote:

Ellen Canale, a Justice Department spokeswoman, said the agency would work with law enforcement to ensure "full compliance" with the decision.

"We will make use of whatever technology is available to preserve evidence on cell phones while seeking a warrant, and we will assist our agents in determining when exigent circumstances or another applicable exception to the warrant requirement will permit them to search the phone immediately without a warrant," Canale said.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

can i, as a not-american, call your law enforcement somehow and send your crazy police after people

u could probably swat as many people as you want just call medium sized cities all day and you will never get caught

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Miltank posted:

u could probably swat as many people as you want just call medium sized cities all day and you will never get caught

People should just swat politicians 24/7 from payphones.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
i can't think of a more effective way to protest the militarization of police than a mass swatting of legislators and their staff.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Miltank posted:

i can't think of a more effective way to protest the militarization of police than a mass swatting of legislators and their staff.

someone tell 4chan, they have enough dispensable 15 year olds to make this work

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
can you imagine if this happened to a super pro gun tard? theyre gonna go for their gun when they hear their door bashed down and then the cops will take any excuse they can

it'll happen some day if it hasn't already, it just wont be streamed cause i dont know very many gun nuts who are smart enough to hook up a webcam

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
So this guy - this group of guys play video games and stream it on the internet for people to watch. Dumb, but I suppose that sorta thing is popular, nowadays.
But they have an OFFICE for this? A separate unit in some sort of commercial/office building with all their gear and such, where they play their videogames for the internet.

I'm honestly baffled by this.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Jonad posted:

the police love it when you call them to some random persons house and defs won't track you down using the phone number they have from you calling them

oh yeah the people who do this would never think of using a public phone or a tracfone or any of a million ways on the internet that cost almost nothing and let them get away with it scot free

no way they would think of that, i agree with your post and you are a smart guy i think

e: just swatted u with a phone i found on the subway have fun getting cuffed&ruffed

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
That's a ban.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

can you imagine if this happened to a super pro gun tard? theyre gonna go for their gun when they hear their door bashed down and then the cops will take any excuse they can

it'll happen some day if it hasn't already, it just wont be streamed cause i dont know very many gun nuts who are smart enough to hook up a webcam

its happened http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Guerena_shooting. surprisingly the family did receive a large settlement

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 688 days!)

doesn't lowtax livestream :ohdear:

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Snaguaro posted:

So this guy - this group of guys play video games and stream it on the internet for people to watch. Dumb, but I suppose that sorta thing is popular, nowadays.
But they have an OFFICE for this? A separate unit in some sort of commercial/office building with all their gear and such, where they play their videogames for the internet.

I'm honestly baffled by this.

People donate thousands upon thousands of dollars to streamers so it makes sense to treat it like a job and have an office and stuff I guess

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it's a cs_office

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Quinch posted:

People donate thousands upon thousands of dollars to streamers so it makes sense to treat it like a job and have an office and stuff I guess

this and anal prolapse have convinced me that i'm an old man who no longer understands

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Miltank posted:

That's pretty hilarious and also scary actually

Gonna call american militarized police on anyone who upsets me on the internet :frogsiren:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zzulu posted:

can i, as a not-american, call your law enforcement somehow and send your crazy police after people

Sure can.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Theshby posted:

this and anal prolapse have convinced me that i'm an old man who no longer understands

why settle for playing a video game myself when i could pay a professional to get it done right

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Drunk & Ugly posted:

In Texas a dude killed a cop raiding his house and surprisingly wasn't murdered. The guy is also a free man and was cleared of wrong doing. I just wished he had killed a few more.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

it's a cs_office

$1 donated for this comment.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Two counts of domestic terrorism and sentenced to 25 years to life at the ripe old age of 15.

Different incident, same poo poo though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Miltank posted:

gently caress off

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quote:

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4.
:mmmhmm:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DrManiac posted:

has anyone died from this yet?

that's why it keeps happening, they hope the next time SWAT goes too far

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress off

what is a good address to reach you at?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69,

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hey dumb dumb learn to check your sources, this is a copy paste from a satirical website (national report)

youre the reason facebook has to tag onion articles now :/

Relin fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 1, 2014

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Fake article.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/924...orner-not-real/

Edit: beaten above

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Relin posted:

hey dumb dumb learn to check your sources, this is a copy paste from a satirical website (national report)

youre the reason facebook has to tag onion articles now :/
This is a real serious thread about real serious gamer activity.

I just thought it was funny and thread appropriate. I usually check for other sources.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 1, 2014

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Powercrazy posted:

The police love every excuse they can get to play tactical army man (that's why they do it before an investigation) and it's extremely unlikely that whoever did that will get caught.

Fire departments are the worst about this. I was always a little curious why every time an elevator gets stuck they send a giant hook and ladder truck and an ambulance, one time I saw a fire sprinkler go off on accident in the building across the street from me with no fire and they sent like 7 trucks to stand around and do nothing and then like two years ago I saw a little bit of smoke coming from a building and I called the fire department and was like "I hate to call and I'm like 99% it is nothing but I see a little smoke so if a fire alarm goes off just FYI" and they sent like 3 trucks for nothing and I felt really bad.

Turns out with modern fire safety codes and fire suppression systems hardly anything goes on fire anymore compared to like 20 years ago but no one wants to cut the budgets of ARE FIRST RESPONDERS AND AMERICAN HEROS so they will respond to anything now.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Fire departments are the worst about this. I was always a little curious why every time an elevator gets stuck they send a giant hook and ladder truck and an ambulance, one time I saw a fire sprinkler go off on accident in the building across the street from me with no fire and they sent like 7 trucks to stand around and do nothing and then like two years ago I saw a little bit of smoke coming from a building and I called the fire department and was like "I hate to call and I'm like 99% it is nothing but I see a little smoke so if a fire alarm goes off just FYI" and they sent like 3 trucks for nothing and I felt really bad.

Turns out with modern fire safety codes and fire suppression systems hardly anything goes on fire anymore compared to like 20 years ago but no one wants to cut the budgets of ARE FIRST RESPONDERS AND AMERICAN HEROS so they will respond to anything now.

You dont seem to know what you're talking about.

Most departments conduct operations based on SOPs...which are written considering past events which may have killed/injured a shitload of people/firefighters.

A working structure fire is gonna need a bunch of guys there in a really short amount of time. And yes, things don't burn up as much as they used to because of increases in construction and suppression technology, but also because of department response standards.

But go ahead and attribute it to redneck patriotism or whatever the gently caress you're trying to do.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Three Olives posted:

This is 100% fine though. Why do you care if firefighters over respond to a situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Three Olives posted:

shut up

• Locked thread