Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sheetz or Wawa
Sheetz
Wawa
Krillin
View Results

• Locked thread
Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
thank god i was born in manhattan. the wasteland that is america is getting to be too much, even vicariously

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

MeaningOfLife posted:

Texas represent, all about the Buc-ees.
So that is pronounced Bucky's, yes? I assumed it was pronounced "Busey's" for years and then someone from Texas got mad at me.

Sorry I do not care about your squirrel :mad:

That must be like how I feel when I hear people say "Reesee Cups" GAHGHSAGJ SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

JakeP posted:

Ever since Wawa started to bake their rolls in store they have declined in quality. They are often undercooked and doughy inside. Amorrosos rolls better

joke's on you, they're still amoroso's. just parbaked - it's to increase shelf life so stores can maintain a reserve of bread in their dry goods storage

Shakenbaker posted:

There's some Wawa's in Florida these days. I live on the other side of Tampa Bay and have two of them inside of two miles.

Soft pretzels are the ultimate in long haul snacks. Also love the breakfasts there, ain't got to wait for poo poo and somehow their bagel sandwich on a warming tray is less soggy than Burger King's have ever been.

oh good then you'll be happy to know the sizzli 2 for 3 deal starts next monday

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Quarex posted:

Thanksgiving sandwiches generally are an idea that must spread nationwide/worldwide as soon as possible. Until I lived in Delaware I had never even heard of them. I hate stuffing but I LOVE THE TURKEY GOBBLER

harris teeter sells a turkey sandwich with cranberry, stuffing and loving brie of all things that's god tier

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

thank god i was born in manhattan. the wasteland that is america is getting to be too much, even vicariously

bougie twat

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

NienNunb posted:

bougie twat

manhattan was kind of an expensive shithole when i visited

never got a bad bagel there tho.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
honestly both are trash unless you yourself are trashed and it's 3am

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I was so loving baffled when I moved to the west coast and learned that none of the 7-Elevens out here are actual gas stations, just the little convenience stores with like powdered donuts and poo poo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

What the gently caress is this Midwestern flyover state garbage. Bucees 4 lyfe.

Wawa is on the east coast you butthole

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Wawa is god-tier convenience store and anyone who's been to one will agree.

walking around
Jul 29, 2013
when i was in high school sheetz was a cool place to go and grab a pack of deep fried macaroni & cheese bites and hang out for no more than ten minutes before heading back to the giant eagle (#1 hangout spot) or home

the other day i went to sheetz to buy beer and gasoline and my brother and like eight of his friends were kicking it at the gas pumps. like four cars at four pumps and eight-ten kids, just being cool in the midwest and there's no wawa to be cool at so sheetz gets my vote

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No love for Turkey Hill

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

THS posted:

the three years i spent in delaware were the worst in my life

dude, delaware owns. 90% of the state's border is beaches, crazy rear end haunted fort delware on pea patch island, chesapeake bay access, close to wildwood, ample access to mostly free/low cost entertainment, no sales tax no income tax. it's a short train ride to philly and you can get anywhere in the state with less than two hours of driving. just stay out of wilmington and you're fine.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Claven666 posted:

dude, delaware owns. 90% of the state's border is beaches, crazy rear end haunted fort delware on pea patch island, chesapeake bay access, close to wildwood, ample access to mostly free/low cost entertainment, no sales tax no income tax. it's a short train ride to philly and you can get anywhere in the state with less than two hours of driving. just stay out of wilmington and you're fine.

dunno, I drove through Dover a few times and its poo poo. Its all like minimum wage military. Not even the trash that lives in the barracks and spends their entire salary on a sports car, but the ones driving a 25 year old Cavalier.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
hooooooagie

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
wawa's stuff tends to be better food food, sheetz makes better greasy garbage snacks

they both have their uses but i got way more wawas near me so that's where i usually go

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
get the gently caress out of here if you picked sheetz over wawa. sheetz is where pennsyltucky fuckers go to buy heroin

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Don Mega posted:

honestly both are trash unless you yourself are trashed and it's 3am

If you're trashed then you find the closest Unimart for a deathdog.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
If Im not eating pigs asses, prepared by a 16 year old, with my bare hands, Im eating gargage at a petrol station. - American

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Rapman the Cook posted:

If Im not eating pigs asses, prepared by a 16 year old, with my bare hands, Im eating garbage at a gas station. - American

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:

Jose Oquendo posted:

You should never admit to living near a Sheetz because it means you live in one of the worst parts of the US.

I should know because I live near one.

I live near 4.... :negative:

:iiam:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I live in Montana. I don't know what any of this stuff is. I live in a county of 40,000 people, and we have one McDonalds. To go to a second McDonalds, you would have to drive 50 miles north or (at least) 80 miles south. We also have like one Taco Bell. And maybe two Dairy Queens? Lots of Subways, though.

Thank you for learning about Montana fast food geography from me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

I live in Montana. I don't know what any of this stuff is. I live in a county of 40,000 people, and we have one McDonalds. To go to a second McDonalds, you would have to drive 50 miles north or (at least) 80 miles south. We also have like one Taco Bell. And maybe two Dairy Queens? Lots of Subways, though.

i wouldn't want to live in a world without gas station restuarant all purpose 27/7 supersites

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Store24 IMO

j/k, its Wawa.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Wawa is more like a high quality deli/sandwich shop/coffee shop that also happens to be a convenience store and gas station, if you haven't been in one. it's not like we're obsessing over heat lamp hot dogs and prepackaged sandwiches.

shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

The Hissing Butt posted:

trick question: it's Kum n Go

The only answer.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Fandyien posted:

i wouldn't want to live in a world without gas station restuarant all purpose 27/7 supersites

There is a Quiznos at the Conoco station a mile and a half from my house.

We aren't savages.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

the fucks at my wawa like to put tomatoes on top of subs instead of inside them. sheetz has wicked nachos, hand made salads and fried pickle chips. gently caress wawa unless im really hungry because it's like a minute away

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

THS posted:

the three years i spent in delaware were the worst in my life

THS posted:

so wawa

Same.

Well it wasn't that bad really, but the only good thing about DE is that it near other, much cooler poo poo. I haven't been there since 99, so maybe Wawa sucks now, but i doubt it. When i lived in elsmere it was the closest grocery type thing within walking distance.

RIP Stone Balloon and Rainbow Records (new owners don't count) tho.

glowing-fish posted:

huh, where the hell are you? I grew up in Sidney and lived in bozeman for 5ish years. there's definitely no wawa equivalent in MT, just normal crappy convenience stores, sometimes they have Subways or something similar living parasitically inside them i guess.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 30, 2014

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Just went to wawa for lunch today.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

bunky posted:

the fucks at my wawa like to put tomatoes on top of subs instead of inside them. sheetz has wicked nachos, hand made salads and fried pickle chips. gently caress wawa unless im really hungry because it's like a minute away

it's literally how the company trains employees to build hoagies. you could just, i dunno, ask the people in the deli to put on tomatoes before the other poo poo like lettuce? how hard is that.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
wawa is for cologned Italian-looking fuckers to buy Pall Malls and sad donuts

sheetz is where a man can take a deece leak and cop 4 hotdogs because the mcdeez in smalltown wherever is grosser than gas station food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Obligatory Toast posted:

it's literally how the company trains employees to build hoagies. you could just, i dunno, ask the people in the deli to put on tomatoes before the other poo poo like lettuce? how hard is that.

maybe i could just go around all day telling people how to do their jobs. what a fulfilled life i would lead.

"hello sandwich dog. slice my cucumbers into hexagons or you shall rue the day that i ever stepped foot into your gas station eatery."

i was just saying that their subs are pretty lame. sheesh.

• Locked thread