Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
cool good job microsoft

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2599591/microsoft-republishes-pulled-windows-update-but-still-recommends-a-registry-hack.html

quote:

Unfortunately, patching the previous patch won’t solve the problem. Microsoft still recommends that you uninstall security update 2982791 through the process outlined above, which includes wading through the system registry.

thanks satya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol people still use windows

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

pram posted:

lol people still use windows

lol if you just started using a mac in 2007 like every other cool hip young person

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

its a unix system, i know this!!

- every mac user who only started using macs last year

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
Unix owns

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Microsoft strongly recommends that customers who have not uninstalled the 2982791 update do so prior to applying the 2993651 update. Customers do not need to uninstall the expired 2982791 update before applying the 2993651 update; however, Microsoft strongly recommends it. Customers who do not remove the expired update will retain a listing for 2982791 under installed updates in Control Panel.

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

glad i disabled auto updating on my last windows pc at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lol if you just started using a mac in 2007 like every other cool hip young person

lol no sorry

• Locked thread