Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
only people who think this are people who only eat sad garbage chain grocery store cakes all their life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

tell every cupcake to not have 99% of its mass in icing on top

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Was I the only one that was incredulous when 'cupcake shops' became a thing?
Like how could you not see that was a huge bubble from the very first shop opening?

No one wants a special store just for your lovely frosting cakes.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

only people who think this are people who only eat sad garbage chain grocery store cakes all their life

this is true but pie is still better

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jubs posted:

As we all know, pie is unquestionably better than cake. In fact, the only "cake" that is acceptable is cheesecake, which is actually a pie. So that begs the question, how did cake become the food of choice for celebrations?

boston cream pie is actually a cake

fucekd up but true

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
we can all agree cupcakes are bullshit

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

we can all agree cupcakes are bullshit

Some people like them better. I for one care less for them.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

what about cup pies

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I agree with the OP.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
they both rule

esp tres leches cake and lattice apple pie with caramel sauce poured over the top of it

I question whether custard-based pies should really be pies at all though

should I put rum in a pumpkin pie

these are the questions that keep me up at night

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

this thread made me go to my local pie place which i had not been to in a long long time

they do not take debit cards so i was going to the bank (right across the street) when a lady just paid for it for me

when i came back with money she said that wasn't necessary so i got free pie

that is my pie story

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mike Gallego posted:

this thread made me go to my local pie place which i had not been to in a long long time

they do not take debit cards so i was going to the bank (right across the street) when a lady just paid for it for me

that is my pie story

So let me get this straight, a goon so poor he has to walk to his local pie place and is so piteous that they give him free pie just to leave?

Hmm I'm amazed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sir you're disturbing the other, paying pie shop patrons. Please just take this and go.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

no it was just another customer that did it

either way don't care, free pie

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

what about cup pies

Isn't that what mini tarts are?

Mike Gallego posted:

that is my pie story

What flavor and how big was the pie?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My inlaws are Ontario people and always with the loving butter tarts.
ALways.

Having a cookout? BUtter tarts.
WEdding? Butter Tarts.
Not feeling so hot? Butter tarts.

gently caress your goddamn butter tarts they are miniture pecan pies with no loving pecans why are you loving doing this TO MEEEE

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Jubs posted:

no, mini tarts are mini.......... tarts

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
the paul f tompkins bit about this is unbearable

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Jubs posted:

What flavor and how big was the pie?

strawberry rhubarb and it was a pretty big piece of pie. like 1/5 of a pie in that slice

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Put the pie in a cake. Problem solved.

It's cherry, apple, and pumpkin.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
You probably need an electric knife to cut that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

no, mini tarts are mini.......... tarts

Are tarts not in the pie family?

• Locked thread