Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
:p2snypa:

Rigel posted:

Because if they were vegetarian zombies, they 'd eat GRAINS!

ergotism precedes romero by a few centuries, but i like beer and don't care about gluten free diets. otoh, i am wary of gmo frankenfoods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

gggiiimmmppp posted:

its prions

zombies cant get enough prions

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Cause zombie movies about our anxiety about society taking away our independence and free will.

I mean, BRAINS

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Classic zombies don't seek out brains, they just bite from animal instinct and eat flesh because of mindless hunger. They probably chew on a lot of other poo poo like a puppy or a 2 year old would. Romero symbolized this in the original by having a zombie eat bugs off a tree like hors d'oeuvres.

Return of the Living Dead didn't mind deviating from zombie canon. In that series zombies specifically seek brains because they smell good and ease the pain of living death, and even a nasty old pickled brain can be used as zombie bait. They're slow zombies, but every part of their flesh is reanimated, so they can still get around headless or skeletonized. RotLD zombiefacation is chemical in nature, and fresh zombies retain personality and the capacity for higher thought for at least several days after death, enough to operate simple machines or fire off wisecracks. I don't like it outside of the series.

The naked punk chick is Linnea Quigley, Queen of the C-grade horror movies. She doesn't do frontal nudity so the SFX guys were going to make her a tasteful merkin for her full-frontal scenes, she thought it looked funny when they were half-way done and she had just a blank crotch and wanted to wear that so the director was like "OK whatever". As a teen I wasted many minutes going over videotape frame-by-frame trying to figure out what happened to her genitals like it was the loving Zapruder film.

I like the scene where a zombie successfully talks his girlfriend into letting him eat her brain.

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

zombies want brains because they watch big bang theory on tv. haha, am i right fellas?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they dont you loving retard

holy poo poo did you guys never actually see any of the romero films

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

RevSyd posted:

Classic zombies don't seek out brains, they just bite from animal instinct and eat flesh because of mindless hunger. They probably chew on a lot of other poo poo like a puppy or a 2 year old would. Romero symbolized this in the original by having a zombie eat bugs off a tree like hors d'oeuvres.

Return of the Living Dead didn't mind deviating from zombie canon. In that series zombies specifically seek brains because they smell good and ease the pain of living death, and even a nasty old pickled brain can be used as zombie bait. They're slow zombies, but every part of their flesh is reanimated, so they can still get around headless or skeletonized. RotLD zombiefacation is chemical in nature, and fresh zombies retain personality and the capacity for higher thought for at least several days after death, enough to operate simple machines or fire off wisecracks. I don't like it outside of the series.

The naked punk chick is Linnea Quigley, Queen of the C-grade horror movies. She doesn't do frontal nudity so the SFX guys were going to make her a tasteful merkin for her full-frontal scenes, she thought it looked funny when they were half-way done and she had just a blank crotch and wanted to wear that so the director was like "OK whatever". As a teen I wasted many minutes going over videotape frame-by-frame trying to figure out what happened to her genitals like it was the loving Zapruder film.

I like the scene where a zombie successfully talks his girlfriend into letting him eat her brain.

this is a good loving post

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

they dont you loving retard

holy poo poo did you guys never actually see any of the romero films

why do autists like trains?

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

RevSyd posted:

Thanks for sharing all of that great information. The whole series is pretty incredible too. The second one has Army guys going martial law on a town where the toxin gets spilled. It is a lot like the Tofu campaign in Resident Evil but funny. The third one is a truly tragic love story including self mutilation, zombie robots, and erotic zombie chick eat face.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

in the second one theres a bunch of zombies driving a car around

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
it seems like if zombies really ate brains there wouldnt be a whole lot of zombies. sure, some people escape with a bite or scratch and then turn into zombies, but you'd think most encounters would end with the brain being eaten so...

zombies are bullshit

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why does venom from spider-man always talk about eating brains but then never actually do it

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm not entire sure why I have to bring this up...

But it's loving GEORGE, not John.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lets rub our pineal glands together

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Why do goons like to stay at home

Questions like these have dogged philosophers since the first goons appeared in Cappadocia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dawn of the Dead remake was pretty good

• Locked thread