Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I ride a scooter so no one lieks me

Gay Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

naem posted:

Listen poster 420dd buttts, this guy's never even OWNED a bike, fucker cum lord, an that's why he's posted several very long oddly detailed screeds about how he, I mean you, left his bike out in the rain, here in the bike thread, because babies? And then his, I mean your, wife got mad, something something he owns a CAR thank you very much!!!

His trike was stolen by the neighborhood bully when he was a kid so now he's got a score to settle with bike riding sex havers

naem
May 29, 2011

420DD Butts posted:

His trike was stolen by the neighborhood bully when he was a kid so now he's got a score to settle with bike riding sex havers

Well he has kids sounds like a sex haver to me hhmmm?? Yeah that's what I thoughtt

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Renegret posted:

Too late OP already did.

:supaburn:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

naem posted:

Well he has kids sounds like a sex haver to me hhmmm?? Yeah that's what I thoughtt

in the ranking of sex havers, getting a kid out of the deal really is about even with wanking it alone while watchign stargate

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

naem posted:

yeah but he's married?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

in the ranking of sex havers, getting a kid out of the deal really is about even with wanking it alone while watchign stargate

wanking it to stargate isnt bad as long as you wank to the first episode, its got like four boobs in it

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Baby seats on the backs of bikes make me so loving nervous every time I see one

Yeah, who the gently caress thought that would be a good idea.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I raised my bike seat. Feels great

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

I raised my bike seat. Feels great

told ya :cheers:

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

hey OP

gently caress off

P sure you'd get arrested doing that in front of the Whitehouse now a days

Arrest all bike riders

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
im new to buying inner tubes. its confusing but i think i have the right one picked out. im getting a 700c x 35-37 tube(schrader valve) for a 700c x 38 tire

Slurin posted:

P sure you'd get arrested doing that in front of the Whitehouse now a days

Arrest all bike riders

so lewd..

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 6, 2014

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I put my seat up really high so that my feet only reach the pedals at the very top. I ride the bike by kicking the pedals hard enough that they come back around.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lamebot posted:

im new to buying inner tubes. its confusing but i think i have the right one picked out. im getting a 700c x 35-37 tube(schrader valve) for a 700c x 38 tire

so lewd..
I have a 700c hybrid bike too and yea tubes are really weird. Mine finally popped and I think the back one is going bad. I don't remember what mine is since it's something weird but i know the exact sizing wasnt on amazon but i ended up getting something that worked anyways.

that reminds me, i gotta tune up my delimiter. for some reason, it won't downshift into first gear (on both gears)

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
bout to drop $2500 on a new (used) bike but its a downhill bike so I don't think the price really counts

hopefully I don't crack the swingarm on it like I seem to with all my xc bikes

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
Other dumb bike stuff that makes you look like a dumb stupid person:

- Pedaling with your heels on the pedals (use the balls of your feet butthead)
- Riding in a really low gear all the time (congrats dude you just went 3 feet by pedaling 10 times wow the miracle of mechanical efficiency right there)
- Riding a beach cruiser ever
- Not signaling your turns

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I adjust my seat up and down depending on how and where I am riding. When I am riding down a gravel mountain road for 10 miles, I drop my seat all the way down. When I am riding on a relatively flat, smooth bike path my seat is at a level where the balls of my feet are extended as far as they can go.

I guess if you live in an East Coast state like Connecticut or Missouri, where you've never seen a mountain, having it raised all the time makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
idk i never see anyone ride in low-gear all the time. most common is prolly 2-7. i ride 3-3 to 3-7 on flat or downhill and 2-2 going up (because it won't go lower).

you would hate UC davis if you don't like beach cruisers. it's bike city and holy poo poo there were soo many dumb chicks on beach cruisers with their phones out in front going slow as poo poo. it was the most common chick bike and they were always slow and distracted. just walk god damnit.

turn signals: meh. i'll do it if i'm making a left but never when i'm going right :effort: and only if there's someone behind me or oncoming

• Locked thread