Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
ive got like 30 tabs worth of naked celebrities and my chrome is workin fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
sgroogled again!!

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Sex Robot posted:

Buy Awful you cheap rear end in a top hat .

But it's free!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

kode54 posted:

But it's free!

doesnt it cost money on ios

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ashgromnies posted:

just use loving ghostery, ugh.
if noscript worked on chrome there would be noscript on chrome
i want a whitelist not a blacklist for security not privacy and i use all of noscripts features
why would i switch to chrome for something that does less of what i want for nothing more than the satisfaction of a chrome enthusiast
firefox has ghostery already and i already dont use it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
that's how its faster than the rest, by soaking up tons of ram. you cant get something for nothing

that being said you're getting bitmined moron

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

1gnoirents posted:

that's how its faster than the rest, by soaking up tons of ram. you cant get something for nothing

yes you can? 'there is no such thing as a free lunch' does not apply to computer code unless the code base is so small that you can actually optimize every operation

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Balls deep in da android eco. Postin dis from chrome on my phone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a creepy colon posted:

Balls deep in da android eco. Postin dis from chrome on my phone

with the exception of China/Germany Chrome is now the most widely used browser.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why does the forums font suddenly look like garbage in chrome

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

THS posted:

who the gently caress doesnt have 16gb of memory anyway

16 gigs is lame, 32 is where it is at. The newest version of firefox breaks google maps. All browsers are terrible.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i am very angry at those of you who use the wrong browser and/or plugins

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

chrome on my phone is bad, chrome on my desktop is good. not sure where i stand.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

New 'improved' font drawing

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Just before Firefox 1.0 was released they were looking for donations to get a New York Times advert to promote it as IE was poo poo as gently caress and the people needed to be told.
I donated 5 British pounds.
When you looked closely at the resultant advert, it was made up of the names of the donors. My name was there and I still have a copy (and PDF) which is all loving nerdy as hell.

That all made me even more sad when Firefox became fat bloated and poo poo and I had to change to the Google.

I wouldn't give them any money. Just all my personal info and privacy.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chrome started as a super slim and awesome browser but has been getting more and more bloated over time. Now it has a loving "notifications" menu bar icon in OS X that always opens by default and the option to turn it off is in the most unintuitive place ever.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Denim Dude posted:

what are we talking about when you say shitbox? i got an old p4 3ghz with 1gb of ram and i use k-meleon on it. it's based off of firefox and adblock and stuff works with it.

gently caress yeah, k-meleon. lighter than air browsing for out of date systems.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
lol google chrome is fairly loving win

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
yeah use the browser suggested by the guy who calls things 'win' and posts almost exclusively about video games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whys the default web font, verdana

are u kidding me

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

uG posted:

yeah use the browser suggested by the guy who calls things 'win' and posts almost exclusively about video games

lol yeah you really pwned him there

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

doesnt it cost money on ios

Didn't cost anything on my iPad.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sent from my Windows Phone.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=394662

Type this into your browser bar: chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

Enable and restart.

New font rendering lets the font decide underlining thickness and spacing which makes a lot of forums look gross as gently caress. This lets you turn off the new rendering.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Yeah disabling it almost makes it as good as the old font rendering when using Chrome and MacType/Gdipp, except now there's stuff that looks much worse, like full width text.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Chrome is a memory hog, but at least it doesn't still leak memory like loving firefox.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Just before Firefox 1.0 was released they were looking for donations to get a New York Times advert to promote it as IE was poo poo as gently caress and the people needed to be told.
I donated 5 British pounds.
When you looked closely at the resultant advert, it was made up of the names of the donors. My name was there and I still have a copy (and PDF) which is all loving nerdy as hell.

That all made me even more sad when Firefox became fat bloated and poo poo and I had to change to the Google.

I wouldn't give them any money. Just all my personal info and privacy.

By the time Chrome got adblock and noscript, Firefox had stopped being fat and bloated.

So there was really no point in time when Chrome was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Chrome is garbage. You can't drag images from the browser window into Photoshop directly. That is complete horseshit. There's a temp folder for a reason. Now I have a bunch of images named "drat you chrome!" In my pictures folder because I had to download and name them like a chump :mad:

• Locked thread