Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
2 votes for A and please allow me to skipper my second non-German boat with the Faa di Bruno

Edit: changed my votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'll grab the Otaria.

And a vote for B. They volunteered for this!

Preid
May 22, 2014
2 Votes for B, lets go plunder Africa.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

quote:

Only one new German boat. U-96 goes to the last of the skippers waiting for a boat, Posture Pal. It also comes with Willenbrock +1, an Ace skipper.

Not just any skipper!

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
3 votes for A. I'll also claim the Liuzzi

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

2 votes for A

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Claiming the Giuliani

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

2 votes for B

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
The war will be over before Christmas; we might as well get some use out of the boats. B

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
First vote I have 2 votes for!

2 votes for B

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
While it is understandable that we should feel protective toward our brothers in their type II tin cans and want to keep them safe, playing safe doesn't win wars. Let our kleinen Brüder transit south and get as much tonnage as they can before their ships are finally retired. U-102 casts one vote for B!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'd like to volunteer for the next Type VII or IX to come out of the yards, if you're keeping any kind of queue, yet. If not, I'll try to grab it when it happens.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
One vote for A. Let's try not to kill the Type IIs' crews before they have a chance to see an actual submarine.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
2 votes for B

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
As captain of one of the boats in question, I can't in good conscience vote for anything but B. Maybe revisit the idea when the Russian Lend-lease convoys start up.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Coffeehitler posted:

As captain of one of the boats in question, I can't in good conscience vote for anything but B. Maybe revisit the idea when the Russian Lend-lease convoys start up.

At that point our beloved idiot Fuhrer is going to star mandating we assign boats up to that low-contact hellhole.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
1 vote for B

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Okay, all boats assigned. Some were double requested so gave them to first call. No worries. Plenty more Italian and a few German boats on the way next month.

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:
3 votes for B Go big or go home! We already won the war lets see what our plucky little IIC boats can do for the remainder of the war.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
1 vote for B.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The British come to Terms

With the heavy bombing of Britain and the huge losses in shipping the British government finds itself critically short on food and strategic materials necessary to continue the war. The seizure of the French fleet and the loss of Gibraltar have further increased shipping times. The United States is supportive but their support is not enough.

Contact is made with the German government and a ceasefire is reached. The British sign a peace agreement promising to return German colonial possessions taken after the First World War, to allow unimpeded use of the Suez Canal to all Axis forces, and to recognize the Vichy French government. Britain also agrees to cede British Somaliland to the Italians. Belgian and Dutch puppet governments are set up and the new Dutch government cedes its Pacific possessions to the Japanese under German pressure. Some oil reparations are also agreed on. Trade between Germany and other nations quickly resumes and Germany continues to plan for the invasion of the Soviet Union while the Italians shift their forces for war with Greece. The shadow lengthens over Europe. With Japan's need for oil mitigated with German help German diplomats begin pressing the Japanese government for a two-front war against the Soviets. In Britain fascist parties gain steam pressing for an alliance with Germany.

I have no idea what happens next.

Game Over

When I won I said I would keep going as long as I was having fun and this LP was starting to cross over from being fun to being a chore and was consuming too much time and I have a new relationship and a promotion at work eating up more time. Rather then letting the LP waste away I decided to end it. I will probably need to do less time-consuming LPs in the future.

Thanks for your participation. A lot of your comments made me smile and laugh. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Xenocides posted:

When I won I said I would keep going as long as I was having fun and this LP was starting to cross over from being fun to being a chore and was consuming too much time and I have a new relationship and a promotion at work eating up more time. Rather then letting the LP waste away I decided to end it. I will probably need to do less time-consuming LPs in the future.

Thanks for your participation. A lot of your comments made me smile and laugh. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Thanks for the good times and best of luck with all the new stuff going on in your life. I'll look forward to seeing what you have for us next when you've worked it out. :wave:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Just like the Pacific Sub LP before it, this was an LP of the highest caliber, Xenocides. Thanks for giving us all the chance to be a part of it, and good luck with whatever comes up in the future!

And if you ever want to pick this up again with an alternate timeline where the British didn't make peace, I'm sure we'd all still be willing to inevitably die for the Reich :v:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

RZApublican posted:

Just like the Pacific Sub LP before it, this was an LP of the highest caliber, Xenocides. Thanks for giving us all the chance to be a part of it, and good luck with whatever comes up in the future!

And if you ever want to pick this up again with an alternate timeline where the British didn't make peace, I'm sure we'd all still be willing to inevitably die for the Reich :v:

As he said, this was superb. You could've just gone through the game as normal, but you decided to add a whole bunch of historical fluff that was enjoyable to read, as you always do. just don't do anything with those bloody readiness rolls keeping us stuck in harbor we want blooood

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Thanks again Xeno for all the work you put into these LPs - and rest assured we enjoyed the hell out of this project. Congratulations on the promotion, too!

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Thanks a lot for running this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It was really fun, and I loved the after action reports, but I realize every update must have been a huge pain in the rear end.

• Locked thread